Virgin Media

winston churchill

Gorgiewave

Just doubled my broadband speed for free :smugger:

They're not Virgin any more, then.

Better call Saul

Had that done myself but went from 20 to 60 ..... Only to find friends are on 100

:raging:

Jeremy beagle

Are virgin any good. Moving to new house and considering virgin as easy to get all tv/broadband/phone in one. Got sky currently for TV and dread leaving them!

The Real Maroonblood

Are virgin any good. Moving to new house and considering virgin as easy to get all tv/broadband/phone in one. Got sky currently for TV and dread leaving them!

VM are very good.

Better call Saul

VM are very good.

Correct ! Had a problem with my TiVo on the Sunday (hearts v Hibs ) and they were out on the Monday

Rudolf's Mate

For every 10 good stories there's a bad one.

I've not touched Virgin as a matter of principal after they royally messed up my install.

About 2 years ago I was meant to have the full package installed including phone etc. They were meant to come out and install my phone on the Monday with my number being migrated from BT network over to Virgin on Tuesday. Engineer never turned up and once they migrated the number I was left with no service at all. I spent weeks arguing with them and eventually cancelled everything.

I had to contact BT to have my line restarted which was also a pain. I'm still waiting on my compensation from them!

I had to pay BT to restart the line and I'm still fighting them for compensation!

Got Virgin in my own house and not had a problem with it since I moved in.

If anything, it's the TV services that play up rather than broadband.

Mark_Mywords

Just doubled my broadband speed for free :smugger:

I hope that doesn't mean that you will post twice as many posts on here. :(

Bloody awful company. Two price rises in the last year and oversubscribed network with traffic shaping and download limits contrary to what their advertising says.

Avoid.

ToadKiller Dog

Had to go with Virgin as landlord does not allow sky .

Ok with it no real problem just the regular calls from a call centre in India a couple of times a day , because they are from India can't block them found them annoying at first now just amusing . The callers are easy wound up .

I have a feeling that Virgins security on your phone number is not as good as it should be ,

Vincent B.A

I've found them really good. Broadband is fast and I havent noticed any download limits although I'm probably a moderate user. They upgraded my broadband fairly recently and also gave me a loyalty discount.

The only thing thats putting me off a bit now is that I'm not sure whats going to happen next season for the football as I dont think ESPN will have games anymore and I might have to pay to get the BT games.

ToadKiller Dog

Supposed Virgin media is close to a deal with BT to get BT sport on its platform .

Virgin have been hinting as much .

Vincent B.A

Supposed Virgin media is close to a deal with BT to get BT sport on its platform .

Virgin have been hinting as much .

I'm hoping it comes free with the XL tv package the same way ESPN did, otherwiese I'll need to have the small tv package and pay for BT.

See I?ve been with both I love sky for the TV nothing beats it hands down but there customer service is shocking. I moved twice to them and twice back to Virgin cause they were refusing to come out and fix my satellite dish without me having to pay ?50, have to wait a week for the privilege, then for the guy to come to my flat 6 hours after the due time to arrive fixed it within 2 mins

With Virgin my TV went out they came round free of charge and within 24 hours thats the difference between the 2 in my opinion.

I refuse to pay ?50 every time Edinburgh gets a gust of wind and knocks the satellite dish slightly off

Notbrainwashed

Been with Virgin (and before that, Telewest...) for probably over ten years I guess and never had any problem with them. With a flat move imminent, I'm actually quite gutted to be leaving them and moving to Sky

winston churchill

Just done the old speed test.

Winston towers is now belting out 78 meg,instead of 60 megyas!.gif

Chaka Demus & pliers

Suppose everyone has different experiences and no company is perfect.

I had Sky and thought their Cust Services were usually good. Issues were dish moving when windy and losing signal and the shocking broadband speed when I moved into my new place.

Currently on hold to Virgin who have swapped my landline number over without me asking to nor them informing me. They don't know what happened apparently.

Also my superhub loses connection constantly.

Stuart McNeill

Got my Internet doubled to. Going to move to the 60meg! Currently on the 20 option (after upgrade) if you want to find out when it's getting doubled, simply Google it and put in your postcode!

Isn't Virgins signals underground?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Suppose everyone has different experiences and no company is perfect.

I had Sky and thought their Cust Services were usually good. Issues were dish moving when windy and losing signal and the shocking broadband speed when I moved into my new place.

Currently on hold to Virgin who have swapped my landline number over without me asking to nor them informing me. They don't know what happened apparently.

Also my superhub loses connection constantly.

Well that was a great example of shite Customer Service!!

Spoke to one guy,he put me through to Customer Services. Girl there couldn't help, said she'd have to transfer me and immediately put me on hold without giving me a chance to speak. I eventually get through to someone else who I have to explain the whole problem to all over again. She says she can't help and I need to speak to Customer Services. She promises that I'll get through straight away. Get through to Customer Services again and have to explain the issue AGAIN!! She looks at the file and tells me it has been dealt with - I give up and will fire off a complaint email instead and look into whether or not Sky will still take me back with their half-price offer!

Wish I didn't have to deal with any of these useless *****!!

Hannibal Lecter

Got Virgin in my own house and not had a problem with it since I moved in.

If anything, it's the TV services that play up rather than broadband.

Got to agree on the TV services playing up, mine has been a total nightmare lately!

Got to agree on the TV services playing up, mine has been a total nightmare lately!

Know what's ironic? I posted that last night and my net has been playing up all day. :lol:

Hannibal Lecter

Know what's ironic? I posted that last night and my net has been playing up all day. :lol:

That's just typical :lol:

Archived