Webster to South Africa?

sandyk

I count 2, did he win one at Rangers?

Some scamp on Wikipedia has stated that he's won 2 Scottish Cups with Hearts in the honours section. Wasn't even in the squad for the 2006 final FFS :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much sums it up. Although having said that, keeping Webster without Zal might be pointless, he's useless without Zal (or Pressley) next to him.

Out of interest, who played alongside him at Utd? I cannot remember. Was it Lee Wilkie or Darren Dodds?

rossthejambo

He played a massive part in us winning the 2006 Cup ... excellent performance in the semi-final and should have played in the final.

I'm not denying that I was genuinely curious to see if he'd picked up a medal at Ibrox.

Some scamp on Wikipedia has stated that he's won 2 Scottish Cups with Hearts in the honours section. Wasn't even in the squad for the 2006 final FFS :lol:

He played a crucial role in the Semi Final though, even though he had been frozen out by then. Yes, he didn't play in the final, but his contribution should not be ignored.

Tommy Wiseau

That's a beauty from your good self Tommy!!

I don't troll, but if I did it would be an awful lot better than poor attempts to rip the CV of Hearts' all-time record appearance holder for a foreign player, Scottish Cup winning captain and multiple international cap winner.

He played a crucial role in the Semi Final though, even though he had been frozen out by then. Yes, he didn't play in the final, but his contribution should not be ignored.

Not saying it should, but if you're not in the squad for a final you've not won the cup and can't list it as an honour.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Gary Kenneth

....who was known as a bit of a carthorse but always seemed to be pretty dominant against us.

depressed_jambo

Not saying it should, but if you're not in the squad for a final you've not won the cup and can't list it as an honour.

Oh dear

Jambof3tornado

Gary Kenneth

Could do a job for us.

Just before somebody else says it! !

Tommy Wiseau

Oh dear

He never got a medal and in the words of the Scotsman "wouldn't have wanted one. Despite playing in the four earlier rounds, including the 4-0 semi-final win over Hibs, his feeling was that he had not earned it.", so your opinion on how many cups he has won doesn't really matter.

Oh dear

Oh dear indeed.

Andy Webster; the only player in the history of the Scottish Cup to have never featured in the squad for the final but somehow miraculously still won it.

:cornette:

Clerry Jambo

I don't troll, but if I did it would be an awful lot better than poor attempts to rip the CV of Hearts' all-time record appearance holder for a foreign player, Scottish Cup winning captain and multiple international cap winner.

Load of pants.....I never "ripped" into his CV, merely responding to someone picking on Webby's CV and asking for a comparison with the great Zal.

Your man love with Zal is really quite "worrying" Tommy lad, or as I suspect merely poor trolling :davebp:

With his performances over the past two years, Webster has more than made amends in my view.

There's far too much either/or thinking around here. Who's better, Zal or Webster? Which team do you hate most? And so on.

Football's a team game. It's also about putting small groups of players (like central defence, or central defence plus goalie) into units that work well. We've seen the best of Zal when he's played alongside Webster, and lately we've seen some shaky moments from Webster with Zal out the team.

Looks like we're retaining neither but this need to take sides is so dull.

Clerry Jambo

With his performances over the past two years, Webster has more than made amends in my view.

There's far too much either/or thinking around here. Who's better, Zal or Webster? Which team do you hate most? And so on.

Football's a team game. It's also about putting small groups of players (like central defence, or central defence plus goalie) into units that work well. We've seen the best of Zal when he's played alongside Webster, and lately we've seen some shaky moments from Webster with Zal out the team.

Looks like we're retaining neither but this need to take sides is so dull.

Spot on mate...but some would like you to accept that Zal single handedly won us the Cup and his team mates simply made up the numbers. If Zal is a legend, does that make Webby a legend, you would think so but nah he's a Judas! :wtf:

One day in May

So Webster is shite and we should sign Gary Kenneth or Stephen McManus? My ******* god

Archived