Choosing an NFL team.

Zaba

Currently trying to weigh up which NFL team to take an active interest in.

Not interested in glory-hunting, just looking to follow a team with a good, atmospheric stadium and a bit of history maybe.

Like the Cowboys stadium but not sure I can bond with them, seems a bit corporate.

Over to you, Kickback. Sell them to me.

Placid Casual

Not interested in glory-hunting, just looking to follow a team with a good, atmospheric stadium and a bit of history maybe.

Like the Cowboys stadium but not sure I can bond with them, seems a bit corporate.

The Green Bay Packers man! They are unique in that they're the only non-profit, community-owned sports team in the US.

As long as you don't mind the colours and the sh!te headwear that some fans wear...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16070936

The Texans' history is short, but glorious- home of Janet Jackson's nip slip. And that's about it.

Stadium is incredible, soon to be home of the largest screen in any stadium in the world, and the tailgating (ie standing bevvying in a car park) is regularly voted the best in the NFL.

For the armchair UK-based fan, maybe not the best, though- I don't reckon they are shown live on Sky as often as some of the more fashionable teams.

The Green Bay Packers man! They are unique in that they're the only non-profit, community-owned sports team in the US.

As long as you don't mind the colours and the sh!te headwear that some fans wear...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16070936

Hardly qualifies for the "not interested in glory hunting", though!

Franklin Delano Bluth

I follow the Seahawks.

The way I decided was made a player in Madden 08 or something and saw what team I got drafted to.

Bit of a shanner of a first couple of years, on the way up now though!

If you don't want to do it my way, then the NFL UK website has something which you can use to pick I think.

Have a wee look at a couple of teams, then stick with them. Don't pick the Redskins, play in Maroon but they are more like Hibs, tbh.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Placid Casual
Hardly qualifies for the "not interested in glory hunting", though!

Touch?! We've had some very bad years too though.

I follow the Seahawks.

The way I decided was made a player in Madden 08 or something and saw what team I got drafted to.

Bit of a shanner of a first couple of years, on the way up now though!

If you don't want to do it my way, then the NFL UK website has something which you can use to pick I think.

Have a wee look at a couple of teams, then stick with them. Don't pick the Redskins, play in Maroon but they are more like Hibs, tbh.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I did the NFL UK thing and it gives you three routes.

The first one goes on your sporting choices and I got the New York Giants.

The second one goes on pure chance and I got the Jacksonville Jaguars

And the third one goes on nonsporting choices, and I got the Arizona Cardinals.

I still don't have a clue though :laugh:

A binturong.

The Boston Binturongs :laugh: ?

Got to be the Bungles, then.

peter_hmfc

A binturong.

The Boston Binturongs :laugh: ?

Make it so. One of my favourite animals is the sloth, think I'll set up in Sacremento, St Louis, Seattle or Morton.

My local team is the Redskins, but the local media put me off them by constantly manufacturing drama.

Just up the road are the Ravens - they check all your boxes. Was at the game against the Giants where they clinched a playoff berth last year and it was a great atmosphere.

800px-M%26T_Bank_Stadium_DoD.jpg

I selected the Carolina Panthers last year and tentatively followed them.

Think it can take a while to get into something if there's really no initial emotional connection.

I went with the Giants a few years back, mainly because their kicker was Scottish. Missed last season entirely, must get back into it this year!!

Fly Eagles Fly

On the road to victory

Fight Eagles Fight

Score a touchdown 1-2-3

Hit 'em low

Hit 'em high

And watch our Eagles fly

Fly Eagles Fly

On the road to victory

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES

You could just look at each teams cheerleaders, then choose which you think has the most eh, talented, girls!!

You could just look at each teams cheerleaders, then choose which you think has the most eh, talented, girls!!

Another plus for the Texans, then.

dobmisterdobster

I prefer NCAA football to the NFL. More exciting.

My team is Oklahoma.

Sergio Garcia

Decided to adopt the Broncos as my team last season. Got quite into NFL over the past year, cant wait for the season to start.

alwaysthereinspirit

I read none of the replies you received as only answers starting with "The New England Patriots" are correct. You're welcome.

We do a series thing at work where there's 20 of us with teams. We each pay a fiver at the start of the season and whichever team ends up with the most wins, that person gets a jersey bought for them.

I ended up with the New Orlean Saints as they were the only ones left I'd heard of.

Avoid the Chiefs, Dolphins, Bills and Jets and you'll be grand :thumbsup:

I read none of the replies you received as only answers starting with "The New England Patriots" are correct. You're welcome.

The Glasgow Rangers of the NFL :)

I prefer NCAA football to the NFL. More exciting.

My team is Oklahoma.

College football is a bigger deal where I live, but I cannae get interested for precisely the same reason I never followed a particular NFL team when in the UK- I had no affiliation to one.

Sterling Archer

I follow the Seahawks.

:interjehrling:

Matthew Le Tissier

For me its all about Arizona. I have family in Scottsdale and they play in red :lol:

rossthejambo

I follow the Cowboys, for no other reason other than my dad follows them after he went there back in the day and got me a shirt or tshirt or something for Christmas when I was younger.

Certainly isn't for success reasons anyway :(

Sterling Archer

I don't actually follow any team in particular and that certainly hasn't affected my enjoyment of the sport.

willie wallace

College football is a bigger deal where I live, but I cannae get interested for precisely the same reason I never followed a particular NFL team when in the UK- I had no affiliation to one.

Too many to choose from in your neck of the woods Peebo but Texas A&M are a good team to watch.Ist season in the SEC last year and they done really well.Great fans and of course Heismann trophy winner Johnny Manzel or Johnny Football as ESPN like to call him.

Auldreekie1874

Way back when C4 first brought us American football I knew zilch about the game so picked my team by name alone. The New York Jets it was.

2 weeks later when the appeared on tv our love affair was over as i discovered that they played in green!

Now, like a post above,I dont follow anyone and I'm able to watch and enjoy the games as a neutral.

Been a Chicago Bears fan since the early 80's, I have no idea why, watched the games on Channel 4, there were plenty other teams to choose from, a couple of years later they won Superbowl XX and have done little since.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Another Patriots fan here although, unlike most, I picked them back in the day when the QB was either Steve Grogan or Tony Eason and not Tom Brady!

Arbitrarily decided to support the Baltimore Ravens a few months ago.

A few weeks later they won the Superbowl. :jjyay:

Placid Casual

I'm a Packers fan and there really are several good reasons to follow the Pack, not least of which is they are on Sky a lot. I picked them for some reason in the 80s when they were rubbish.

If I were you I'd think about picking one of the teams with an exciting young QB and there are plenty of them around. My reason for this is just that for me it would be totally frustrating to go years unable to compete until you finish low enough to draft a good QB, also some of the new guys are pretty exciting to watch.

My order for you to look at would be

1. San Francisco - Colin Kapernick is going to be the best of all time.

2. Red Skins - RG3

3. Colts - Andrew Luck ( if you can handle the fact they shipped out of Baltimore in the middle of the night)

Also look at the Steelers or the Saints.

Teams to Avoid (as in I don't like them)

Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, New England, Dallas and Seattle. Seattle because they all take steroids.

That's quite a statement! He's going to have to go some to be the best 49ers quarterback of all time.

Sterling Archer

Colin kaepernick isn't even the best QB in his division.

Placid Casual

If he achieves that, then he will be the GOAT!!

Good point! I never thought that one through!

No idea why but always been a Steelers fan! I know now that they have the most Superbowl wins but as a kid watching NFL on Ch4 I had no idea, probably just thought the name made them sound hard!

Hugh Phamism

Raiders for me (unfortunately). A mate took me to the Coliseum to a game a few years and it was an incredible atmosphere. The pre match tailgating was wild.

When I'm in the US I always try and take in a sports event, and pick my teams based on the fist home team I see. Got some good ones, but also a few duffers....

MLS San Jose Earthquakes

NBA Milwaukee Bucks

NFL Oakland Raiders

NHL Chicago Blackhawks

MLB San Francisco Giants

You can't accuse me of gloryhunting, tha's for sure..

Geoff Kilpatrick

Talking of great NFL QBs, watch out for Jason Campbell this year :deal2:

:rofl:

And a running back called Forsett! :look:

Maurice Moss

I 'follow' the Vikings, although last year I found it very easy to support the Ravens in the play-offs (once the Vikings went out).

I just generally enjoy watching the sport, but it's quite good to have a team who's scores you actively look out for.

I'd suggest the Broncos. Plenty of great storyline games this year. Opening the season against the champs, Manning Bowl, Peyton returning to Indy and facing his heir in Luck, Another installment in the Brady/Manning Rivalry. Also very good games @ the Texans and Cowboys and home games against Redskins and Eagles.

Will make for plenty of headlines this year, so should keep you interested. Can Peyton win a 2nd ring before he retires? Plus they are one of the favourites to win it all, so your likely to be involved into the new year.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Kaepernick being the best of all time.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

How did it go last time Kap tried to beat DangeRuss in a shoot out?

Vernon_original.gif

42-13 to the good guys :smug:

PortyJambo

I'm a Dophins fan due to Dan Marino being popular in the 80s, but they are sh1te.

Another Dolphins fan here, and they're looking a bit more promising lately, but they have one of the shittiest stadium atmospheres so that rules them out for the OP going by his criteria.

When I first got into American football back in the early to mid eighties I liked the 49'ers and the dolphins because they were on the telly all the time. I follow the Atlanta Falcons for about 10 year now and there new stadium which sould be finished 2017 looks awesome http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2318292/Atlanta-Falcons-new-stadium-design.html .

PortyJambo

When I first got into American football back in the early to mid eighties I liked the 49'ers and the dolphins because they were on the telly all the time. I follow the Atlanta Falcons for about 10 year now and there new stadium which sould be finished 2017 looks awesome http://www.dailymail...ium-design.html .

Every time I see that I expect a girl to close the stadium then open it up...and tell me my fortune. :lol:

folding_paper_zps2cdecbf5.jpg

philbin-grin.jpg

Prince Buaben

New York Giants.

Watching them beat the Patriots twice in the Superbowlthe last few years :smuggy:

Archived