Janny's away

fitzroy simpson

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Wonder if they will bring anyone else in ?

Where did you hear this?

Its on the official website, didnt mention a replacement, probably recruit internally, Darren Murray and one of the youth coaches to move up, or even Murray does the 2 jobs ?

hmfc_liam06

What a week!

You just know that they are building us up for a huge fall come Friday!

mahgrassyshoes

Queue a host of "he did **** all anyway" type posts.

OK thanks, guess that's the wage bill lessened once more. I guess Murray shall be assistant manager now.

Franklin Delano Bluth

37596458.jpg

Great football player, useless Assistant Manager. Best of luck to him in his future endeavours, though.

Not that freeing up some money and dropping the wage bill isn't good.. But I can't help but worry about what we are going to look like next season.

Is a transfer embargo at the start of next season an impossibility?

Even darker days ahead of us I think sadly.

Think it would make sense to give murray the assistant gig full time, having spent a lot of his time bringing through these younger players with alot of success aswell in the past, he knows how to get the best out of them so would make sense...............however Hearts and sense rarely go in the same sentence so you never know.......

ford donald

Don't know what he has contributed to Hearts.Not very much i think.The whole club does need overhauled.

JoseQuitongosDreadlocks

What DID he actually do anyway???? Jokes @mahgrassyshoes he was a fantastic player who contributed to Hibs 1st Hampden humiliation at the hands of us of the past decade.

Probaby would have been on a decent wage so its good to get him off it.

All the best Janny

jimmyjambo

he did feck all anyway

thought i would start :10900:

Maurice Moss

Again, main positive is another wage off the bill. I think it'll be good for Locke to bring in his own man to assist.

Janny goes with my best wishes.

Edit: I'm assuming Jankauskas would be on a higher wage than whoever we bring in to replace him

Ron Swanson

Billy Brown perhaps to assist Lockie?

Could do with abit of experience and can't imagine he would add too much to the wage bill...

Franklin Delano Bluth

Get Locke back to Assistant Manager, bring in some experience as manager and have Murray in some sort of role. Perfect.

tartofmidlothian

Cheers for everything, Janny. Most of it as a player but now's not the time for bitterness.

It was an open secret anyway. Who's going to replace him?

"i dont know what he did, therefore he did nothing" - People are idiots. We'll be able to replace him with someone on less money and is more likely to be the gaffer's choice. Janny leaves with our best wishes.

rossthejambo

"i dont know what he did, therefore he did nothing" - People are idiots.

Indeed.

Another cup winning legend gone. Can only give him my best wishes for the future.

JJ to become Lockes assistant?

Couldn't see Jefferies agreeing to that arrangement to be honest, plus it would kind of negate Locke's authority to some extent.

The Great Khali

"Tynecastle is a special place and I will always retain fond memories of the stadium and particularly the supporters. They have been phenomenal this season and I'm only disappointed that we didn't have a better campaign for them.

:sob:

JoseQuitongosDreadlocks

Well we need a new manager, I fully expect there to be new owners for start of next season(not massone!) and they will bring someone new in & keep Locke on as an assistant. Locke will realise that he has been thrown in too early & I think as he's a diehard jambo anyway he'll step down if a better more proven manager was offered the position anyway.

jamboinglasgow

"i dont know what he did, therefore he did nothing" - People are idiots. We'll be able to replace him with someone on less money and is more likely to be the gaffer's choice. Janny leaves with our best wishes.

Yup, but if he is waving his arms around and yelling at players then he is doing something, therefore he is a clear assistant manger...isn't that how the thinking goes.

Just never really worked with him and us, but wish him all the best in the future. Its clear there is going to be major restructuring at the club over the summer, nearly all our senior players are off, we have an intern manager on an 18 month contract, we are cutting back on the coaching staff. We are cutting back to the bone, now we need to rebuild on the base we have, though with uncertainty in the summer over what is going to happen, who knows who will come in or if more are going.

Ok I'll be the first....

Rudi player/assistant manager....

::troll:::'>

Clerry Jambo

Yup, but if he is waving his arms around and yelling at players then he is doing something, therefore he is a clear assistant manger...isn't that how the thinking goes.

Just never really worked with him and us, but wish him all the best in the future. Its clear there is going to be major restructuring at the club over the summer, nearly all our senior players are off, we have an intern manager on an 18 month contract, we are cutting back on the coaching staff. We are cutting back to the bone, now we need to rebuild on the base we have, though with uncertainty in the summer over what is going to happen, who knows who will come in or if more are going.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when Hearts are trying to attract players to the club with the current uncertainty. Yes, we'll still be able to offer better wages than most SPL clubs, but are players going to take that chance knowing administration is more than likely

Billy Brown perhaps to assist Lockie?

Could do with abit of experience and can't imagine he would add too much to the wage bill...

Brown doesn't need the money, he'd do it for pennies. He's on pennies at East Fife and is part time. Know for a fact he hates part time and would jump at a chance to come back full time. Wouldn't be money driven at all.

jamboinglasgow

Would love to be a fly on the wall when Hearts are trying to attract players to the club with the current uncertainty. Yes, we'll still be able to offer better wages than most SPL clubs, but are players going to take that chance knowing administration is more than likely

Yup it will be tough, either a case where you may sign and then be released a few months later, or you join and possibly start the season on - 15 points.

Yup it will be tough, either a case where you may sign and then be released a few months later, or you join and possibly start the season on - 15 points.

Players generally suffer from chronic short-termism and chasing the ? note. Look at Sevco for example. We should be able to compile a squad capable of clawing back the inevitable points deficit in my opinion.

Hagar the Horrible

I take it he is leaving to further is career as a coach somewhere else, Great player and a good servant to the club so I wish him well, however as a leaving gift perhaps I would suggest the fax machine.

It's something that we should all think about.

I fear the whole process of admin etc is going to eat up most if not all of the summer and as the window shuts will we really be able to attract signings except for the desperate who have no other choice ?

Whilst we are all hoping and looking on the brightside it may not be the smooth sailing that some think it will be.

As for assistant.. time to skip a generation.. this club needs fresh blood and ideas.

It's something that we should all think about.

I fear the whole process of admin etc is going to eat up most if not all of the summer and as the window shuts will we really be able to attract signings except for the desperate who have no other choice ?

Whilst we are all hoping and looking on the brightside it may not be the smooth sailing that some think it will be.

As for assistant.. time to skip a generation.. this club needs fresh blood and ideas.

You want a baby to be our next assistant manager?? :curtain:

Patrick Bateman

What the hell is wrong with people who are suggesting JJ and Billy Brown as assistants? They are finished at top level football and their last few months at Hearts were a disgrace; folk need to accept this and look to the future.

heartsfc_fan

Good luck him.

Time to move on some people and cut the wages down.

What the hell is wrong with people who are suggesting JJ and Billy Brown as assistants? They are finished at top level football and their last few months at Hearts were a disgrace; folk need to accept this and look to the future.

A disgrace, interesting word to use.

I would agree that it's maybe time to move on from these guys but not in agreement with the way you put it.

jamboinglasgow

Its football fans being football fans, looking to past in the hope it brings back the glory of the past. We need to look forward, we need to change and we need someone who can bring fresh ideas to the club and team. I like the idea of David Weir, may have been annoying at Rangers but he comes across as an intelligent and level headed man.

Prince Buaben

Good Luck in the future!

Great player didnt look to offer much as part of the coaching staff.

Archived