Kwik Fit's SMART Repair

pie_man_out

pie_man_out

Has anyone used this for stone chips? Got a few in my bonnett and need to see if they are reliable. They cover quite a bit, about 2 x A4 paper spaced out.

Any ideas of price either?

IronJambo

i used to work as a smart repairer and most guys that do it only really touch in stone chips. i'm sure theres a system out there to do the job properly though. i don't know how it works or how they do it.

bonnets are usually a no go area for a smart repairer for 1001 reasons. its definately not somewhere i'd recommend you let someone spray if its not the whole bonnet.

give them a call and ask them exactly what they do, then ring other smart repairers (find them under car body repairs) and quiz them on it. don't be scared to ask questions, its your car!

i'd say your best just getting a paint stick and covering up the chips using a screwed up bit of tissue.

i'd expect to pay ?80/?90+ for a bumper scuff but not sure about chips. i used to touch them in for free if i was doing a job on a car.

Has anyone used this for stone chips? Got a few in my bonnett and need to see if they are reliable. They cover quite a bit, about 2 x A4 paper spaced out.

Any ideas of price either?

Give these guys a call:

http://www.dentcentral.co.uk/

Goose Baxter

Looks like i am going to need to get my car done now as well.

The bird phoned me to say she had a bit of an accident. She said she never pulled the hand brake up properly and its rolled down a hill an hit a post. Its the part of the bumper under the front spot light. Its cut in really deep.

My car looks ugly now!!!!! Shes going to get an ear full in the morning!!!!!!!!

Archived