July 14th - Belfast

Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger

Whos all going and how you getting there. Think were going over on the ferry for the day. Not sure that we'll get a big turn out.

Whos all going and how you getting there. Think were going over on the ferry for the day. Not sure that we'll get a big turn out.

Think I'll be ferrying it over then staying with a mate for a few days in Glengormley

Commander Harris

think I'll head over for a wee walking holiday that week. :)

(tongue firmly in cheek folks.)

Pete Seeger
I am a bit behind the times here. Who are Hearts playing?

I can't even remember the name of the team but it's some testimonial. Glentoran maybe?

The Old Tolbooth
I can't even remember the name of the team but it's some testimonial. Glentoran maybe?

Thats the one mate, and you can get flights from Edinburgh for around ?50 return too.

I'm flying across to Belfast Intl with easyjet and staying in the travel lodge in the city centre. Sunday to Tuesday for ?120 all in.

Commander Harris
We usually do;)

you're missing out then.

"we"?

Never new the flights were that cheap still..... still might ferry it depending on how many of us are going.

Doctor FinnBarr

Can we come back to this when the game is actually confirmed, or is the end of the season JKB party going to be in Belfast?

;)

Incidently, I tried to find a Glens fans forum to see if they knew more than us only to find it,d been scraped, why?, cos they,d been talking about moving out of Belfast and the arguments had got so bad there were death threats getting issued!

Pales our little spats into insignificance really!!!!!

:mad:

Eckauskas

5 of us looking to fly from Edinburgh.

2 looking to fly from Poland.

The Old Tolbooth
Has the game actually been confirmed?

I don't think it has mate, which is annoying cos I want to get things booked.

upthehill

I'll be staying with my granny in Larne, nice to have Hearts to distract from family visits!

chester copperpot
I'll be staying with my granny in Larne, nice to have Hearts to distract from family visits!

Once this game is confirmed, will book straight away, dont know how I'm getting there, but will be there one way or t'other.

Hopefully Mitchell is taking his car :whistling:

I've booked up. Flying from Birmingham on Sunday and back on Tuesday and meeting up with my mate who's flying from Edinburgh. Booked up in the Days Hotel in the City Centre. If the game's not confirmed we'll just have two days on the lash.

coppercrutch

You have a granny in Larne !!! I thought I was the only one...

Lovely Town......:eek:

Can we come back to this when the game is actually confirmed, or is the end of the season JKB party going to be in Belfast?

;)

Incidently, I tried to find a Glens fans forum to see if they knew more than us only to find it,d been scraped, why?, cos they,d been talking about moving out of Belfast and the arguments had got so bad there were death threats getting issued!

Pales our little spats into insignificance really!!!!!

:mad:

Was that not the rest in East belfast campaign from a few years back I'm pretty sure they stayed. The forum was taken of the official Glens board because of the threats a bit like jkb :033:

Was that not the rest in East belfast campaign from a few years back I'm pretty sure they stayed. The forum was taken of the official Glens board because of the threats a bit like jkb :033:

Nope, Glentoran don't own the Oval, and they will have to move at some stage. There was a board proposal to shift miles out of Belfast, but the supporters were unhappy to say the least.

Nope, Glentoran don't own the Oval, and they will have to move at some stage. There was a board proposal to shift miles out of Belfast, but the supporters were unhappy to say the least.

Cheers for that I was under the impression they were getting to stay no idea why I thought that tho :confused:

always a jambo

Can anybody give me more info about this game please?

Who are we playing and why?

There is talk of a pre-season friendly against Glentoran in Belfast. I think it might also be one of their players testimonial match. It's not yet confirmed but the belief was that it would be played on the evening of the 14th July.

Eckauskas
Can anybody give me more info about this game please?

Who are we playing and why?

We're meant to be playing Glentoran in the final of The Bigotry Cup.

Or some people on here would have us believe.

Therapist
We're meant to be playing Glentoran in the final of The Bigotry Cup.

Or some people on here would have us believe.

Yeah, we did well to put out Rangers, Chelsea and Linfield in the qualifying group. ;)

All the nonsense aside, I'm really keen on going to this game if it goes ahead and for some bizarre reason I like the sound of a day trip by ferry...I must need my head read. Argh.

For those of you who have already looked into the ferry stuff...can you post more details on what you found? Times/prices etc? :)

Yeah, we did well to put out Rangers, Chelsea and Linfield in the qualifying group. ;)

Calum Elliot's second against chelsea really was something special :biggrin:

speedbump

Ferry over on the friday, 4 night stop over with a bit of strolling around, flying home on the tuesday. Should be good.

The Old Tolbooth
Once this game is confirmed, will book straight away, dont know how I'm getting there, but will be there one way or t'other.

Hopefully Mitchell is taking his car :whistling:

Ha ha!!

You can bolt ya fud!!!! :D

I'll be flying over with the Gala crew and your more than welcome to join us mate, it should be a riot...............literally!! :)

Archived