Anyone Else

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Working the morn? :mad:

Fecking hate bank holidays, they are just included in my annual holiday amount. :sad:

Pete Seeger
Self-employed so I shall be out.

:mad:

Likewise. Maybe a half day though depending on how I get on in the morning

Yup - working (in the loosest possible sense). Hopefully the roads are quiet... :unsure:

Off tomorrow, but only through choice, to be fair working an English bank holiday is one of the easiest days I have, no arsehole IFA's on the phone wanting money.

Tams bird
Working the morn? :mad:

Fecking hate bank holidays, they are just included in my annual holiday amount. :sad:

Same as my work. Though phones will be quiet as English banks are closed, and others will assume we are and BOSS IS ON HOLIDAY ALL WEEK :cheer1:

upthehill
Yup, im working :(

work for myself, but as it's 1am & I'm just home from the pub, it might not be my most productive day!

I'm at uni.

Wish I was working though.

:(

Yeh, once you've been working for a couple of years that will change.

Now I'm at work it actually seems like a bad idea.... sitting with views across the Shore (Leith), just know at lunch, when I nip out the pubs will be rammed and very attractive!

Doh!!!!

I'm not working but revising for my last uni exam for this year. off my part-time job though - hooray!!!

marshallschunkychicken

Working too.

But as said above, no IFAs, or branches on the phone today.

So I can get some real work done. ;)

blondejamtart

Same here - don't get any public holidays, and although I'm not usually in the office on a Monday, I am today because I'm covering for a colleague who's on a week's holiday! :(

chester copperpot

One bank holiday I dont mind working is the main English one (Today).

Getting paid time and a half, with 10.5 hours holiday entitlement being credited back to me.

Dead quiet and sitting on KB. If I was off today, I would most probably be suffering with a hangover, so its actually pretty good today.

Yeh, once you've been working for a couple of years that will change.

Now I'm at work it actually seems like a bad idea.... sitting with views across the Shore (Leith), just know at lunch, when I nip out the pubs will be rammed and very attractive!

Doh!!!!

I get time and a half, and with only working part time, time and a half is a bugger of a wage to not be abe to pick up 'cause I really could do with it.

It puts another ?100 in my pocket for what is usually a quiet day.

But the uni decides to have Monday Tueday shut in a couple of weeks. Which is unhandy.

I get time and a half, and with only working part time, time and a half is a bugger of a wage to not be abe to pick up 'cause I really could do with it.

It puts another ?100 in my pocket for what is usually a quiet day.

But the uni decides to have Monday Tueday shut in a couple of weeks. Which is unhandy.

which uni are you at?

as i'm off in a couple of weeks on a monday and tuesday

MonkeyBoy

Working 10-6... It's gorgeous outside... & I'm stuck inside all day.

I love public holidays.

Not. :mad:

Ray Winstone
I'm at uni.

Wish I was working though.

:(

I technically have uni today as well - but I have just taken the day off due to the glorious weather!

Go on - you know it makes sense.

Which Uni's are you at? I'm off on exam leave at the moment so we kinda finished up nearly a month ago - I suppose it must depend on what course your doing as to when you finish up.

coppercrutch

I am off today. So just went for a round of Golf at Dunbar in glorious sunshine, no wind, no people, and amazing greens.

How I wish I was in an office instead.........................;)

Ray Winstone
Which Uni's are you at? I'm off on exam leave at the moment so we kinda finished up nearly a month ago - I suppose it must depend on what course your doing as to when you finish up.

Are you at Edinburgh by any chance?

I am at Aberdeen, lectures end on friday and then we have a revision week before 2 weeks of exams - (I have to wait until 27th and 30th May!)

Yeah I am, did the amount of exam leave give it away :-) Last exam next thurday then I'm freeeeeeeee (ish, as i'll be working nearly full time over the summer but hey ho).

which uni are you at?

as i'm off in a couple of weeks on a monday and tuesday

Heriot Watt.

Ray Winstone
Yeah I am, did the amount of exam leave give it away :-) Last exam next thurday then I'm freeeeeeeee (ish, as i'll be working nearly full time over the summer but hey ho).

Ye the extended holiday from Easter onwards is a bit of a give away.

Got some mates from Edinburgh who have finished exams coming up here on Saturday for a wee knees up before my exam period begins!

chester copperpot
Ye the extended holiday from Easter onwards is a bit of a give away.

Got some mates from Edinburgh who have finished exams coming up here on Saturday for a wee knees up before my exam period begins!

Poor students, I pity you's.

Was speaking to my old uni chum the other day about the days of going down to the Meadows for a kickabout at footie for 3 hours, retiring to the edge of the pitch at about 5pm for a lie down on the rug, get tanned in about the 3 ltr bottle of white lightning that we'd each bought, then along to the Illicit Still to try grab a bird to take back to the flat to pump.

Them were the days, I really really miss my uni days, enjoy them whilst you can lads.

chester copperpot
I have never played football in the Meadows.

(To my recollection anyway)

The footballing and the bevvying go hand in hand buddy. Used to be a great day/night out.

That was when I could pull birds the right side of 10 stone though.

I always try to get my mates up for it, but its a hell of a trek from mine for a kick about.

Maybe in the summer.

I feel its something that everyone should have done and I haven't AFAIK.

Malcolm Tucker

Working 2-8 at Tesco today. Good amount of money earned, but I'd much rather be at the park with a ball and some mates.

Miss the first 15 mins of the Hearts game as well!

Ray Winstone
I always try to get my mates up for it, but its a hell of a trek from mine for a kick about.

Maybe in the summer.

I feel its something that everyone should have done and I haven't AFAIK.

Our house looks on to the back of Aberdeen Grammar school playing fields - theres about 5 marked out football pitches with goals!

Its amazing. Then a 2 minute walk back to the house for BBQ and beers - which have been chilling in the fridge instead of roasting in the sun!

Good times.

Gigolo-Aunt

Still in my dressing gown and watching Escape to Victory.

Lazy days, baby.

Lazy days, baby.

That German centre-mid is a bad 'un. Watch out for him.

Accrington Stanley players tell me to bet on a high scoring draw...

Gigolo-Aunt
That German centre-mid is a bad 'un. Watch out for him.

Accrington Stanley players tell me to bet on a high scoring draw...

Hehehehehe

I love how Michael Caine is only shown from the waist up when he is playing in the big game.

davemclaren

Lazy days, baby.

Is it a tartan one? :eek:

Hehehehehe

I love how Michael Caine is only shown from the waist up when he is playing in the big game.

I hope you are watching in widescreen just to get the full effect of John Wark's 'tache.

BoJack Horseman

Was in Uni for all of an hour today and that's me off til September. Time for a bevvy I think.

dodethejambo

Been off work for 4 weeks now, best weather so far, unfortunetly the kids are off too,they are currently running about with water pistols.

Hope the weather stays like this for the rest of the week as I could do with a tan :)

Ray Winstone

Just came in from the sun to catch the end of Escape to Victory.

How good is that film!

love how they dont even attempt to explain why a Brazilian is in a Nazi concentration camp.

Archived