What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

maroonlegions

I like the Joke as much as the next man but, their totally mental, real space cadets, for want of a better expression. This is the band that move to Iceland in "The Eighties" to get away from the impending nuclear holocaust that was going to strike Britain at any moment.

Aye it was Jaz who fecked off to Iceland believing that a nuclear holocaust was possible in the USA and Russian relations at the time. :lol: If you look at the Jokes songs at that particular time and the Album "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" and the song from that album ,"ADORATIONS", which dealt with "nuclear" themes on astral planes or the next existence that follows after the physical you would get a better perception of Jaz"s lyrical approach.Also Jaz was heavily involved in studying the "occult" and particular a one Mr Alistair Crowley.

The Joke where just that to people who did not see them from what they truly where,in studying the occult and its references one gets a much better and clearer understanding of where not only Jaz was coming from but the songs that reflected a serious social decay and decadence from a occult perspective.On the album "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" was a Crowley poem called "ONION PEELINGS" to read that from a occult undstanding it becomes clear that the JOKE is on those who cannot see the real occult meaning of it.The song RUBICON" from the album brighter than a thousand suns implies a sate of mind one must reach in order to cross over to a higher intelligence in a spiritual perspective and again is related to Crowley teaching and his book ."THE BOOK OF LIES".

CHORUS FROM THE SONG RUBICON;

"Revolution

Points of no return

Evolution

We cross the rubicon."

The song the "Hum" From the album "REVELATIONS"is a good starter of Jaz"s early interests in the "occult", if you look at most of the Jokes songs you can see an occult reference or meaning to them, take the song "DOMINATOR SOUL" from the album "Fire Dances", its a reference to possession or higher intelligence.I could go on :whistling: but i have had an intensive study of the occult over the years and can see the irony and joke emanating from Jaz and the songs from this very aware and intelligent band.Taking a look at the album names of the Joke over the years and the song lyrics from an occult perspective is an entirely different perception in trying to understand the apparent madness or "space cadet" perceptions one gets from not seeing the bigger joke.Not having a go at you personally but just thought i would highlight some facts about Jaz and the concept behind Killing Joke.

K E ? A A H I ?

Onion Peelings;FROM THE BOOK OF LIES BY CROWLEY and included on the Jokes ALBUM ,"BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS"

"The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General, at the Expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed.

But those disciples nearest to him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow.

Others next to them laughed, seeing the Universal Joke.

Below these certain disciples wept.

Then certain laughed.

Others next wept.

Others next laughed.

Next others wept.

Next others laughed".

"Last came those that wept because they could not see the Joke, and those that laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke, and thought it safe to act like Frater Perdurabo,(CROWLEY) :whistling:

But though Frater Perdurabo laughed openly, He also at the same time wept secretly; and in Himself he neither laughed or wept.

Nor did He mean what He said. :thumbsup:

rubicon.jpg

LINK; http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/rubicon/nov86.html

ADORATIONS;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLae_UECJiI

Cheers GA.

Showing some ignorance Herr, but never heard of the field mice before. They sound pretty good. Where are they from?

Probably risking it a bit by saying that there's a tinge of Pulp in there somewhere (which is no bad thing).

Will look out for them.

The Look You Give That Guy - Eels

Cheers GA.

Showing some ignorance Herr, but never heard of the field mice before. They sound pretty good. Where are they from?

Probably risking it a bit by saying that there's a tinge of Pulp in there somewhere (which is no bad thing).

Will look out for them.

The Look You Give That Guy - Eels

Don't know that much about them tbh, Lummy.

Know they were an Independent band in the mid/late 80's - always liked that track. The other stuff by them I have heard was pretty meh tbh.

The La's - Feeing

Decent track though. I'll maybe give them a miss then.

Got an album recently by a guy called john grant. It's called the queen of Denmark. The music on the album was done by a band called midlake. It's pretty mellow and well worth a listen.

Ivo - the cocteau twins.

Decent track though. I'll maybe give them a miss then.

Got an album recently by a guy called john grant. It's called the queen of Denmark. The music on the album was done by a band called midlake. It's pretty mellow and well worth a listen.

Ivo - the cocteau twins.

Will check that out.

thumbsup.gif

The Velvet Underground - New Age.

Will check that out.

thumbsup.gif

The Velvet Underground - New Age.

That's a tune.

Last one before bed GA - beercan - beck.

Have a good one dude.