What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

On 23/12/2022 at 17:37, Dick Dastardly said:

Stevie Nicks at her most beautiful 

One of the greatest songs of all time.  I never tire of hearing different performances.

A war protest song from the 1960's performed by a Scottish musician called Donovan. Given the deployment of mercenary groups and basically refuseniks forced to the front by Putin the lyrics of this song seem fitting for our times. There was no war in Europe when he recorded this in 1965.

Dick Dastardly
49 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

That is absolutely amazing. Best cover I've heard in a long time. I'd never heard of Molly Hatchet before and was half expecting some twee ukulele cover! 

Elder - A four piece progressive rock band from Massachusetts. 

This album is a masterpiece.  It's more instrumental than singing but if you like  12 minute journeys with intricate time signatures, guitar parts and heavy riffage, then Elder is the shit you need. 

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That is absolutely amazing. Best cover I've heard in a long time. I'd never heard of Molly Hatchet before and was half expecting some twee ukulele cover! 

Hi Dastardly

Glad you liked it.

Both Bands were from Jacksonville, new each other well, so it was a vey respectful cover.

If you like live albums, imho, Double Trouble Live by Hatchet is up there with the best, less so their studio albums, if you like Rock that is.

Boogie No More and Gator Country(their signature tune) on that album are pure class as well.

Dick Dastardly
28 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Hi Dastardly

Glad you liked it.

Both Bands were from Jacksonville, new each other well, so it was a vey respectful cover.

If you like live albums, imho, Double Trouble Live by Hatchet is up there with the best, less so their studio albums, if you like Rock that is.

Boogie No More and Gator Country(their signature tune) on that album are pure class as well.

Cheers, I'll have a wee listen