Ukio bank appeals

HEARTS FOREVER

GuitarJambo

I'm not going to even pretend that I know what any of that means but it could be interesting.

I'm not going to even pretend that I know what any of that means but it could be interesting.

you will get all the answers on hobo.net

The FT Was reporting Liabilities of 2.7Bn LIT (660M GBP) with 1.9Bn LIT (460M GBP) of Assets last month when the state rescue happened.

Now BBC Sport are saying "Ukio Bankas was placed in temporary administration earlier this year with liabilities close to ?400m and all its branches have now closed."

...a bit disco

The FT Was reporting Liabilities of 2.7Bn LIT (660M GBP) with 1.9Bn LIT (460M GBP) of Assets last month when the state rescue happened.

Now BBC Sport are saying "Ukio Bankas was placed in temporary administration earlier this year with liabilities close to ?400m and all its branches have now closed."

I take it simple arithmetic, which gives me an answer of 200M GBP in liabilities, doesn't work in this case?

The Gasman
Help get us through this season without administration threat?

Almost definitely, yes. :thumb:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Almost definitely, yes. :thumb:

What do think this means in the long run? See if UKIO actually won the appeal, what would that mean for us iyo?

GuitarJambo

Who is actually apprealing? UKIO or Hearts?

If UKIO why woud they try to stall just to keep us running til the end of the season?

The Gasman

What do think this means in the long run? See if UKIO actually won the appeal, what would that mean for us iyo?

I really don't think it makes any material difference to our situation, other than potentially delaying any sale of the Club.

So some people actually think that they are appealing the administration JUST to help us, jesus wept.

Jambof3tornado

So some people actually think that they are appealing the administration JUST to help us, jesus wept.

How did you reach that conclusion?

How did you reach that conclusion?

You serious?

post 7 and 8 for a start, even your own one suggests you think it's a stalling tactic.

You serious?

post 7 and 8 for a start, even your own one suggests you think it's a stalling tactic.

The stalling tactic probably has nothing to do with the club but still sounds like a stalling tactic.

Jambof3tornado

You serious?

Not to benefit us though.

You serious?

But for them, not for us.

The stalling tactic probably has nothing to do with the club but still sounds like a stalling tactic.

I agree it'll help keep vlad out the clink a bit longer but yet some do think they are doing it for our benefit.

Jambof3tornado

Plus post 7 is a question and 8 points to the fact that it could see us through.

Nobody on jkb is stoopid enough to think this appeal is for our benefit.

Seymour M Hersh

you will get all the answers on hobo.net

And every one of them will be wrong.

The Gasman

You serious?

Try actually reading my post, and stop making up stories. I explained what I thought the effect of the appeal would be, in answer to a question. I made absolutely no mention of any reason for the appeal having been lodged.

Try actually reading my post, and stop making up stories. I explained what I thought the effect of the appeal would be, in answer to a question. I made absolutely no mention of any reason for the appeal having been lodged.

Read it AGAIN and you most definitely say " almost definitely, yes" to post 7 which says to help us get through the season without going into administration.

Jambof3tornado

Read quote 7 again.

I have and it still has a question mark at the end of it.

Read it AGAIN and you most definitely say " almost definitely, yes" to post 7 which says to help us get through the season without going into administration.

FFS read the posts properly. No-one has claimed it was done "to help us get through". That's entirely your interpretation.

FFS read the posts properly. No-one has claimed it was done "to help us get through". That's entirely your interpretation.

So it doesn't say " help get us through this season without administration threat" and the another poster agreeing with it.

How do you interpret that?

So it doesn't say " help get us through this season without administration threat" and the another poster agreeing with it.

As "might help get us through the season". No indication whatsoever that this would be their motivation in making the appeal.

As "might help get us through the season". No indication whatsoever that this would be their motivation in making the appeal.

But it doesn't say that though does it, no doubt it will help us in that department.

jimbrown76

I interpret it as by Ukio Bankas appealing there is now no threat to us going into admin before the season ends and therefore losing 18 pointys which would have seen us relegated. It certainly is in our favour although I don't think for a minute it was to help us.

The Gasman

I said it will help us, because it will help us - I never said that was why it was done - you just made that up..!

Rudi man,

Give this one up.

I've re-read this damn thread three times now and there is no way it could be construed that anyone thought this was done for the benefit of Hearts.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Feck me, if it is a thread about the SFA or the Lithuanian empire, you can be guaranteed that Rudi is polluting it somewhere!

portobellojambo1

Who is actually apprealing? UKIO or Hearts?

If UKIO why woud they try to stall just to keep us running til the end of the season?

I don't think they have based any appeal on what effect it would have on HMFC. In post 7 on this thread someone posed a question, which asked If UKIO do appeal would the delay in dealing with that appeal make it less likely that any subsequent actions which could potentially impact on HMFC then happen within the present season. And The Gasman answered, by saying that if there was a delay then it would mean any potential reduction in points wouldn't happen by the close off date for this season (and I say this while fully understanding that UBiG have more involvement with us, as far as we are/were aware but also understanding that the liquidator appointed may have discovered some information which actually suggests the major shareholding is now linked to UKIO, rather than UBiG).

I suspect they have simply appealed the overall decision, but whether it is a worthwhile appeal or not only time will tell, I suspect the answer is it is probably some form of stalling tactic, and the reasons for stalling will never be known to us, but will undoubtedly unfold as the liquidators go about their job.

Jambof3tornado

Clearly the stalling is simply so Vlad can complete his wallace and gromit style space rocket and blast off to the moon before his creditors catch up with him!

Clearly the stalling is simply so Vlad can complete his wallace and gromit style space rocket and blast off to the moon before his creditors catch up with him!

vlads debt make sevcos tiby amount of debtors weep good job he has his submarine to sail the oceons and the odd torpedo to launch if debtors lurk :10900:

The Gasman

I'm sure it's currently being constructed in his secret hide away, inside an extinct volcano, accessible only by submarine.

I'm sure it's currently being constructed in his secret hide away, inside an extinct volcano, accessible only by submarine.

yip kinda like a james bond baddy

Archived