Vincent Kompany

Ecce Romanov

Ecce Romanov

From tweeting a respectful message when Ferguson announced his retirement, to warmly congratulating Whelan after the game yesterday, to clapping Wigan as the lifted the FA cup. He didn't need to do any of that.

Seems like a decent bloke.

The man has class - reminds me of McJake.......................

gashauskis9

Yep, agreed. Big family man as well, unlike some of the tubes in his age and wealth category. Reckon if he, Yaya and Aguero had been available more often this season, city would have taken the EPL to the wire.

Being wasted at City.

Needs to move to a big club where his attitude will be applauded more and will actually get him somewhere.

City applauding Wigan lifting the trophy is how it should be done h1b5.... Not throwing your medal and storming off!

Take note for when Celtic win :smug:

From tweeting a respectful message when Ferguson announced his retirement, to warmly congratulating Whelan after the game yesterday, to clapping Wigan as the lifted the FA cup. He didn't need to do any of that.

Seems like a decent bloke.

It's called Sportsmanship, sadly it should be the norm however it rarely happens nowadays. Good on him, it shows that you can still be respectful even in defeat, top guy.

:shitwine:

He does seem like a top bloke, and he's argubly the best defender in the league.

For all the (deserved) criticism of Mark Hughes, getting Kompany for ?6.5m was a steal.

Not to forget hi and city lining up to shake the Wigan players hands as they came down the steps with the cup.

Total gent and can see past the mentality of football being only about winning.

Hes their captain, he has to do that

No, he doesn't.

And,

No, I don't think that's the attitude at all in UK football, but Yes I think it should be.

KillieMitch

City applauding Wigan lifting the trophy is how it should be done h1b5.... Not throwing your medal and storming off!

Take note for when Celtic win :smug:

I read that quite a few of their players wanted to just walk down the tunnel and Kompany pulled them back and told them to stand and applaud. Class act.

The thing about this Is that Kompany can afford to stand and applaud and be gracious cos he's the one City player that gives his absolute all in every game. He puts everything he has into games unlike some of his overhyped overpaid Teammates. He is indeed a class act and deserves every respect he gets...

Archived