Championship Today

JamboSean

JamboSean

Last day of the season, should be a good watch.

Stoke or Hull to go up;

Watford, Palace, Wolves, Ipswich and Sheff United can get in to the play-offs;

Southampton, Leicester, Sheff Wed, Coventry and Blackpool can go down.

Will be one interesting day anyway. Fancy a big name to go down and even Hull to go up.

Charlie-Brown

The Championship is a very competitive league from top to bottom - whilst a nightmare for sports-betting predictions there is no denying it has genuine interest from first day to last.

The Merse
The Championship is a very competitive league from top to bottom - whilst a nightmare for sports-betting predictions there is no denying it has genuine interest from first day to last.

The Championship is probably the toughest league to bet on in the world.

Still haven't learnt my lesson though.

:P

Charlie-Brown

I remember how horrible it was for us relying on a 3 way combination of scores on the last day to avoid relegation / play off on the last day of 1995 - Brian Hamilton & Robbo scored in the last 20 minutes and incredibly we jumped about 3 places to finish 7th....but it was horrible!!

I remember how horrible it was for us relying on a 3 way combination of scores on the last day to avoid relegation / play off on the last day of 1995 - Brian Hamilton & Robbo scored in the last 20 minutes and incredibly we jumped about 3 places to finish 7th....but it was horrible!!

Think I remember that too, was that against Motherwell?

I remember running on the pitch and jumping on Colin Cramb's back. I was only 13 or something.

Charlie-Brown
Think I remember that too, was that against Motherwell?

I remember running on the pitch and jumping on Colin Cramb's back. I was only 13 or something.

It was against Motherwell in a half-demolished Tynie & we were all crammed in.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't believe Watford reached the play offs. They have been murder for the last few months.

I think the worst case scenario that day for us was the playoffs. We did however miss the chance to relegate Aberdeen at Tynecastle the previous week.

Charlie-Brown
I think the worst case scenario that day for us was the playoffs. We did however miss the chance to relegate Aberdeen at Tynecastle the previous week.

I don't remember the precise scenario Martin - what I do recall is that between 4:10pm & 4:20pm the combination of results we needed were all going against us - It was a horrible horrible & very long ten minutes feelings of despair & helplessness which thankfully turned around with a goal for us and then another one, anyway it wasn't nice although the joy / relief at the end was excellent & more celebrated than any of our european qualifications except the champions league of course.

Midway through the 2nd half we were 9th out of 10 in the SPL - at full time we were 6th!!

arfurdaley
The Championship is probably the toughest league to bet on in the world.

Still haven't learnt my lesson though.

:P

Totally agree, had Sheff Wed, Wolves, West Brom and........STOKE

Archived