Rangers Moaning

Toxteth O'Grady

Charlie-Brown

If I recall correctly the league wasn't extended as a result of Celtic reaching the Seville final and Rangers won the title on the final day as a result.......that's what they are frightened of.

cosanostra

I think Rangers have 7 games in the next 20 days.

That's not great for a team playing in a European final.

Eckauskas

Tell them to **** off.

If they don't like it, tough.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They have caused their own problems.

Postponing the fixture before the Lyon game.

Postponing the fixture before the Scotland game.

Drawing with Partick Thistle in the Scottish.

Drawing with Hibs in the Scottish.

TOUGH!

They have 74 or 75 players FFS. Are all those players so rubbish that Walter can only play the same 11?? They only have a handful of injuries as well.

No sympathy.

It's supposed to be a squad game these days as well - remember?

IMA MAROON
They have caused their own problems.

Postponing the fixture before the Lyon game.

Postponing the fixture before the Scotland game.

I'd agree with that plus this...

Postponing the fixture for Celtic because Phil O'Donnell died.

They will now realise they should have played them all.

Guest S.U.S.S.
If I recall correctly the league wasn't extended as a result of Celtic reaching the Seville final and Rangers won the title on the final day as a result.......that's what they are frightened of.

There wasnt fixture congestion tho.

God, are we so blighted by hatred we cant wish another scottish club well and give them the best chance of increasing to co-efficient.

If they win it and we get another UEFA place should we turn it down cos it was due to the rangers winning the cup.?

I think Rangers have 7 games in the next 20 days.

That's not great for a team playing in a European final.

I think the Hun has played 18 European games culminating in their appearance at Manchester. I mean that is almost silly.There are more points available in "coefficients" if they win the thing meaning probably and extra UEFA cup place for Scotland. I dont think that happens if they lose. Our Stat Jambos can answer that one?

So extend the season to July if it gives us a better chance of getting to UEFA cup!!!:107years:

No point in hating the Hun so much it hurts us eh?

MacDonald Jardine

God, are we so blighted by hatred we cant wish another scottish club well and give them the best chance of increasing to co-efficient.

If they win it and we get another UEFA place should we turn it down cos it was due to the rangers winning the cup.?

Yep.

It's the Huns. As a proper thinking non bigot non racist anti English Scotsman I am obliged to only see bad in them.

Rangers could have played their reserves against Gretna and win, but they chose to ask for the game to be postponed. Mind you, I think they tried playing their reserves against Thistle and just snuck a replay when they should have gone out.

Looks like Rangers have about 50 players not good enough to play for them then eh?

IMA MAROON
Rangers could have played their reserves against Gretna and win, but they chose to ask for the game to be postponed. Mind you, I think they tried playing their reserves against Thistle and just snuck a replay when they should have gone out.

Looks like Rangers have about 50 players not good enough to play for them then eh?

They should have and they would probably have won.

They should have told Scotland to GTF and not cancelled their game for them, it was not as if Scotland had a chance of beating Italy.

They should have told Celtic to GTF when they wanted to show respect to O'Donnell, it is not as if he was a Celtic player.

Rangers will learn a lesson from this and will do things differently in future, I'm sure.

Charlie-Brown

I am just saying what goes around comes around - Celtic wanted to delay their games just prior to & after their UEFA Cup Final but the SPL / Rangers weren't keen and the SPL games were played to schedule including Celtic playing a league decider 4 days after an exhausting 120-minute UEFA Cup Final, neither were Gers willing to delay a game when we played in Europe....they reap what they have previously sown.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I am just saying what goes around comes around - Celtic wanted to delay their games just prior to & after their UEFA Cup Final but the SPL / Rangers weren't keen and the SPL games were played to schedule including Celtic playing a league decider 4 days after an exhausting 120-minute UEFA Cup Final, neither were Gers willing to delay a game when we played in Europe....they reap what they have previously sown.

They reap what they sow?

Great, lets play tit for tat from now too eternity.

They reap what they sow?

Who gives a ****, it's Rangers?

I don't agree with all this 'Scottish Club' stuff. When they start representing Scotland, as opposed to Great Britain, I might change my views.

They wanted games postponed earlier in the season, in my opinion they got special treatment and right now that is coming back to bite them. Good.

Plus, as mentioned, there is no excuse for taking 120 minutes to beat St. Johnstone or failing to beat Partick Thistle at home in the cup.

Or they could have done what the big teams in England do and play youth teams in the League Cup instead of just being plain greedy and so petty by not wanting to be outdone but Celtic on any front. Celtic are just as bad.

Charlie-Brown
They reap what they sow?

Not for eternity - but until Rangers show better consideration for the rest of Scottish Football when they can decide to help or hinder others then they can complain with without accusations of total hypocrisy.

They have a big enough squad to deal with things, fair enough RFF have postponed two games, that's up to them, but to ask for 8 games ?? or so to be moved, ferk right off. They have reserves, they have all those players taken from other clubs warming the bench, use them and stop moaning.

Imeantasong
They have a big enough squad to deal with things, fair enough RFF have postponed two games, that's up to them, but to ask for 8 games ?? or so to be moved, ferk right off. They have reserves, they have all those players taken from other clubs warming the bench, use them and stop moaning.

Good point.

Already weakened the opposition, and still want games cancelled.

1874robbo

A lot of Rangers fans for years were always saying that they could win the league with their reserves.

Well let's see them try!!!!!!

1874robbo

I actually think that the Russian league are possibly putting Zenit at a disadvantage by giving them a break,surely you want your team going into a game like that match fit.

Not playing a competitive game for two weeks before a massive game like that isn't the preperation i would want my team to have.

How many times have you seen teams playing superb before an international break and yet when they come back the team are stale.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Erm, if you want to win four competitons, you have to play a lot more games? They can have success in Europe or a nice wee uncongested end to their season - they can't have both. They have one of the two best sqauds in the league, they should deal with it.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Not for eternity - but until Rangers show better consideration for the rest of Scottish Football when they can decide to help or hinder others then they can complain with without accusations of total hypocrisy.

When teams ask for a game to be postponed its for their benefit, not the opposition, Hearts agreed to a postponement in the past, thats our lookout, not theirs.

Why should any team look consider the others, thats not what they are paid for.

The Real Maroonblood
Who gives a ****, it's Rangers?

I don't agree with all this 'Scottish Club' stuff. When they start representing Scotland, as opposed to Great Britain, I might change my views.

They wanted games postponed earlier in the season, in my opinion they got special treatment and right now that is coming back to bite them. Good.

Plus, as mentioned, there is no excuse for taking 120 minutes to beat St. Johnstone or failing to beat Partick Thistle at home in the cup.

Or they could have done what the big teams in England do and play youth teams in the League Cup instead of just being plain greedy and so petty by not wanting to be outdone but Celtic on any front. Celtic are just as bad.

A few closet huns on Kickback really worry about that s**m.

:)

I actually think that the Russian league are possibly putting Zenit at a disadvantage by giving them a break,surely you want your team going into a game like that match fit.

Not playing a competitive game for two weeks before a massive game like that isn't the preperation i would want my team to have.

How many times have you seen teams playing superb before an international break and yet when they come back the team are stale.

Really good point.

Rafa Benitez did something similar by giving Fernando Torres a rest before their first leg match against Chelsea in order to keep him fit by dropping him from the Fulham game from the Saturday. The result was exactly the opposite of what Rafa had hoped for. Torres appeared rusty, as opposed to fresh, and him being taken out of his rhythm more than likely led to the usually deadly Torres spurning two great chances that could have buried Chelsea. The first of which he uncharacteristically took an extra touch when it wasn't need and the second he lost his concentration, taking his eye off the ball when just about any sort of first touch would have set him up one on one with Reina.

What makes this case different is that while Zenit are being given time off, Rangers are getting run off their feet. It's not as if Rangers are in a comfortable rhythm themselves as they are having to play an exceeding amount of games than they normally would. Only if Rangers were playing a regular of pattern would I see Zenit's time off being as a disadvantage. When all is said and done, the longer that game goes on, which of course we know a lot of Rangers games have, then Zenit will benefit from the fresh legs.

Guest S.U.S.S.
A few closet huns on Kickback really worry about that s**m.

:)

Ah the old closet hun line, just the one you trotted out about me a few weeks back, posted funnily enough around 3:30 when i was at Tynie watching Hearts, as i indicated at the time, perhaps you should go to Tynie and give it a try before trying to abuse others.

The Real Maroonblood
Ah the old closet hun line, just the one you trotted out about me a few weeks back, posted funnily enough around 3:30 when i was at Tynie watching Hearts, as i indicated at the time, perhaps you should go to Tynie and give it a try before trying to abuse others.

Raw nerve time.

;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Raw nerve time.

;)

Not at all, as i always ask, show the proof that posters are mini huns or shut up.

Also, try going to tynecastle and following Hearts before posting **** about those who do.

Strange this init,here was me thinking that the OF get everything their own way by the SFA and SPL or so loads think on this web site.

Thig Ar Latha

I hate both Huns and Tic, although I would'nt mind the Huns problem. :confused:

Strange this init,here was me thinking that the OF get everything their own way by the SFA and SPL or so loads think on this web site.

But this is a different situation. Helping the hun will ensure SPL championship, and Celtic see this as a possible way of snatching it from them. If Rangers have to play all these games, good chance they will drop points, if not, good chance they could take a treble, if not quadruple, and no way in hell Celtic would back that.

OF do get their own way against the rest, but rarely against each other.

IMA MAROON
Erm, if you want to win four competitons, you have to play a lot more games? They can have success in Europe or a nice wee uncongested end to their season - they can't have both. They have one of the two best sqauds in the league, they should deal with it.

Walter Smith has said he did not expect Rangers to go so far in Europe so I guess that was why he was happy to postpone games for the sake of Scotland and in respect to Celtic.

He made a mistake and should have been self-centered, concentrated on his own club and prepered for any eventuality. He brought all these problems to himself.

Lt.Speirs

Rangers and celtic are quick to say how bad the scottish league is when they get horsed out of europe, play their reserves instead since they league is so bad

The Real Maroonblood
Not at all, as i always ask, show the proof that posters are mini huns or shut up.

Also, try going to tynecastle and following Hearts before posting **** about those who do.

Get a grip because I missed one game do I have to explain to you.

On that day you were a better supporter than me because I couldn't make it.

Are you that stupid that you can't notice them by their posts.

Charlie-Brown
When teams ask for a game to be postponed its for their benefit, not the opposition, Hearts agreed to a postponement in the past, thats our lookout, not theirs.

Why should any team look consider the others, thats not what they are paid for.

You kinda defeat your own argument - if every team looks out for their own interests then what valid complaint do Rangers have? The SPL is composed of 12 teams of which Rangers are just 1 - the needs of the many must prevail over the needs of the 1 or few surely - Rangers have been granted a league extension - what more do they want / can reasonably expect?

Guest JamboRobbo

Much as I despise Rangers, they have done well for Scotland this year.

I'm not sure exactly what their fixtures are, but special cases like this should be taken into account, and they shouldn't be asked to play more than saturday wednesday saturday until their UEFA final. If thats all their being asked to play, then they should shut up and play.

If their being asked to do more than that (e.g. 4 games in a week before UEFA final) then I think the SPL should be helping them out - no team should be expected to play more than 3 games a week before a UEFA final.

Charlie-Brown
Much as I despise Rangers, they have done well for Scotland this year.

I'm not sure exactly what their fixtures are, but special cases like this should be taken into account, and they shouldn't be asked to play more than saturday wednesday saturday until their UEFA final. If thats all their being asked to play, then they should shut up and play.

If their being asked to do more than that (e.g. 4 games in a week before UEFA final) then I think the SPL should be helping them out - no team should be expected to play more than 3 games a week before a UEFA final.

The are not being asked to play more than Sat, Weds, Sat prior to the UEFA final JR - but they are being asked to play Sat, Mon, Thursday prior to the saturday Scottish Cup final with the monday game being a squeezed in fixture that only they & nobody else plays, well except their opponents in that game. They also force Gretna & Hearts to play a midweek fixture to accommodate them.

Guest JamboRobbo
The are not being asked to play more than Sat, Weds, Sat prior to the UEFA final JR

Thats fair then

- but they are being asked to play Sat, Mon, Thursday prior to the saturday Scottish Cup final with the monday game being a squeezed in fixture that only they & nobody else plays, well except their opponents in that game. They also force Gretna & Hearts to play a midweek fixture to accommodate them.

Sounds a wee bit harsh to be fair. They should play Sat, Tuesday, then sc final, then the tuesday or wednesday after it.

That would be reasonable, and would hardly make much difference to the end of the season but for a few days......

I think 4 games in a week is something that teams can and should be asked to do in this sort of situation, but not if the last of the 4 games is the cup final. thats not fair on anyone, regardless how much I want QOS to win it.......

davemclaren

The fixtures have already been changed to help Rangers. If they feel they are not strong enough to win all of the 3 trophies they are still in they need to prioritise imo.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Get a grip because I missed one game do I have to explain to you.

On that day you were a better supporter than me because I couldn't make it.

Are you that stupid that you can't notice them by their posts.

Im not the one that feels the need to call others names or label them, if you feel your justified in doing so all im asking is you show others your proof or stop abusing other members.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I see where your coming from and hate myself for saying this but the spl should have done all the could to help Celtic when it came to seville.

We are a small nation and need to all help each other, of course each team should look after no1 as a priority, but if not disadvantaged then helping another should be done.

Granted tho Hearts always seem to get the short end of the stick on these ones.

Yep.

It's the Huns. As a proper thinking non bigot non racist anti English Scotsman I am obliged to only see bad in them.

Ehhhhhhh...

Charlie-Brown
I see where your coming from and hate myself for saying this but the spl should have done all the could to help Celtic when it came to seville.

We are a small nation and need to all help each other, of course each team should look after no1 as a priority, but if not disadvantaged then helping another should be done.

Granted tho Hearts always seem to get the short end of the stick on these ones.

For what it's worth SUSS I totally agree with you - it is insane & petty minded in the extreme the 'iam alright jack' mentality as it hinders our game in so many ways & instances however the others clubs attitudes are understandable given the fairly recent memory of what happened around the time of Seville, that & other instances where Rangers were deliberately inflexible because it suited them at that time.

Guest S.U.S.S.
For what it's worth SUSS I totally agree with you - it is insane & petty minded in the extreme the 'iam alright jack' mentality as it hinders our game in so many ways & instances however the others clubs attitudes are understandable given the fairly recent memory of what happened around the time of Seville, that & other instances where Rangers were deliberately inflexible because it suited them at that time.

True Rangers can only expect the other clubs to say do what they have done as they have never been particularly flexible when others needed them too.

I can only imagine its due to the pressure of competing with Celtic day in day out.

A little give and take makes it all much easier.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Why are people allowed to post they are anti English on here?

If someone posted they were anti Pakistani or Indian they would be banned before they hit refresh!

Hate a nation? not me, smacks of small mindedness.

Other side of the coin is that Rangers are more than happy to weaken teams to help themselves. Look at Killie, that's two times now Rangers have swiped their best striker, JJ recently said they no longer have a natural goal scorer at their club since those players have left and that's just from one club. Rangers are more than happy to weaken rival teams, even if they never play those bought, so they can't expect other teams to rearrange everything so Rangers can win as that will just further boost them in terms of cash and stature.

They have a big enough squad, they should use it, they are wanting everything handed to them so that they can take Euro success and also domestic. Field reserves and youth, show that they deserve to be UEFA Cup winners and domestic treble too.

Archived