Tragic Fatal Plane crash at Bagrum base in Afghanistan caught on camera 04/29/2013.

Craigieboy

You know what, with a title like that I'm not gonna watch it. And it probably isn't really suitable for this forum either.

Craigieboy

You know what, with a title like that I'm not gonna watch it. And it probably isn't really suitable for this forum either.

It's pretty bad.

The People's Chimp

Why not? It's on dozens of news sites. Watch it or don't.

Why not? It's on dozens of news sites. Watch it or don't.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound arsey or precious which it does come out as.

What I meant to say was 'it sounds like a horrific video of people dieing and I'll give it a miss, cheers.'

Franklin Delano Bluth

Looks like the plane just stalls and falls out of the sky

:(

Strange how you can hear the guy/girl moving around in the car but he/she remains silent when that happens right in front of them. Not even a gasp! Well, he says f@ck 2 mins after. Seems more annoyed that the road is now blocked.

heartsfc_fan

Awful

Did it hit some heavy wind or something? It just stopped mid-air and fell to the ground.

Franklin Delano Bluth

It looks very much like a stall turn. Obviously it wasn't meant. But the weather is bad, the angle of attack is too high and the aircraft loses all it's speed. Then it turns to one side and falls to earth.

Jambof3tornado

Watched a french air force jet go into the ground at about 400mph a few years ago. No ejection. Blooming big hole in the ground.

ArcticJambo

It's almost surreal watching it from a distance ... you get no idea of speed, it's not way up in the sky, and yet the results are catastrophic, beyond what you would expect (had you never been on a plane).

However, when you're on board any jet, whether taking off or landing you fully appreciate how vulnerable you are.

First thing that struck me was that the angle of take off was way too steep. Cargo shifting seems logical.

Guest GhostHunter

Horrible video - but the complete lack of any emotion/reaction from the driver, is baffling.

Looks like a military vehicle as well.

hughesie27

Great thing to hear about the day before you set off to Valencia. Cheers OP

Currahee!

That wasn't nice.

Especially since I dreamt about more or less that the other night bar the explosion. Weird.

Shanks said no

Given that my daughter is currently flying across the Atlantic I really wish I hadn't watched that!

hmfcjamie

Great thing to hear about the day before you set off to Valencia. Cheers OP

I will have the ticket ta

Craigieboy

Given that my daughter is currently flying across the Atlantic I really wish I hadn't watched that!

:jjyay:

Sorry.

Better call Saul

That French plane that went down from brazil still haunts me !!! All they people !!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but was this not staged?

I'm sure I read they flew a B-52 into the ground via remote control as some sort of test?

Could be wrong though

EDIT: sack that, just read the description. The pilot was known to be irresponsible apparently.

Wow.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was this not staged?

I'm sure I read they flew a B-52 into the ground via remote control as some sort of test?

Could be wrong though

It would explain the guy with the camera tripod looking on very calmly.

It would explain the guy with the camera tripod looking on very calmly.

Well the fact the guy is just standing there made me think it was the staged one, but I just read the description and apparently the pilot in charge was known to be irresponsible and caused it.

Hugh Phamism

Bugger. Saw it earlier on Fox News and now preparing for 2 long haul flights home tomorrow...

Bugger. Saw it earlier on Fox News and now preparing for two long haul flights home tomorrow...

It seems as has been said already that the extremely heavy cargo came loose and slid to the back of the plane which caused the plane to lift the nose up which reduced the stall speed and as such the plane couldn't maintain height. Regular passenger planes don't carry that much cargo so don't worry about your flights.

Archived