The Ruiner arrested - Ken Barlow on charges

jambovambo

You can't create a ruiner and then complain when he goes about ruining. It should be society up in the dock.

Free the weatherfield one.

One thing being a ruiner if it's all legal and consensual.

When it's neither then it's pitchfork and torches time.

Coronation Street is one big peado club.

Roy Cropper next.

It's always the ones you don't suspect. Ill go for Martin Platt.

Franklin Delano Bluth

His comments on that programme meant this was inevitable.

Asked to clarify whether that meant victims brought the abuse on themselves, he said: "No, not quite, but and yet I am, because everything that happens to us has been a result of what we have been in previous lives or whatever."

:ruiner:

hearts151

There is only one real Ruiner in the Street anyway.

Dev+and+Deirdre.jpg

550w_corrie_dev.jpg

:laugh: Where the **** is that last photo about lol

Franklin Delano Bluth

He is denying the claims.

But so did Stuart Hall.

:maybenotsoruiner:

• 9 months later...

Not surprising. I can't see how a jury can convict when it is a case of one person's word against another.

I don't know the ins and outs of this case, and I know their are a number of accusers, but I don't think any of them have witnesses to back up their claims, do they?

Not surprising. I can't see how a jury can convict when it is a case of one person's word against another.

I don't know the ins and outs of this case, and I know their are a number of accusers, but I don't think any of them have witnesses to back up their claims, do they?

don't know if it applies in England but up here we have the Moorov Doctrine which deals with exactly this sort of scenario.

Obviously there is a difference in the cases, but how have the likes of Stuart Hall been found guilty then? Not that it means guilt, but the crown wouldnt let it get to court if there wasnt more evidence than simply "he did it it", "no, i didnt".

Hopefully justice has been served today and i look forward to Ken's return to the cobbles.

Without knowing anything about the details of this case, I'd imagine sometimes it can be very obvious if one witness is telling the truth and another is lying - one can provide details of things that happened, explain any issues or inconsistencies and not avoid answering questions, for example, while another one gets caught out in court, won't answer certain questions and so on. That said, it's unusual for someone to be convicted when there is one witness. When there are fifteen witnesses, even if they are to do with different allegations, it's pretty unlikely that they are all making it up, and their accounts can corroborate each other if details match up and so on. Hence, convictions are much more likely.

Jam Tarts 1874

Obviously there is a difference in the cases, but how have the likes of Stuart Hall been found guilty then? Not that it means guilt, but the crown wouldnt let it get to court if there wasnt more evidence than simply "he did it it", "no, i didnt".

Hopefully justice has been served today and i look forward to Ken's return to the cobbles.

Pretty sure Stuart Hall pled guilty to every charge.

At least we can wheel the smiley back out.

William Roache on the steps of the court just said, "there are no winners today". Au contriaire, mssr barlow. The good people of kickback have come up trumps.

Pretty sure Stuart Hall pled guilty to every charge.

Regardless, he'll have done that as there will have been evidence that was clearly insurmountable. But if that doent float your boat, pick another who has been found guilty.

Jam Tarts 1874

Great outcome, hopefully DLT's will also have a positive outcome very shortly.

It really is time for the accused in these cases to have the same annonymity as the accusers, either that or the accusers have to be named to stop these ridiculous cases coming to court.

Great outcome, hopefully DLT's will also have a positive outcome very shortly.

It really is time for the accused in these cases to have the same annonymity as the accusers, either that or the accusers have to be named to stop these ridiculous cases coming to court.

If that was the situation Jimmy Saville's crimes wouldn't have come to light.

I think his defence team were absolutely right in that he was a victim of the Jimmy Saville affair. It does seem that due to the shear incompetence of how allegations against him were handled (I rather not handled), they are now pressong charges to easily against other celebrities without actually thinking whether the evidence will stand up in court.

It is like when a referee fails to give a stonewall penalty, realises it, so gives one later on that isn't, sending a player off in the process.

If that was the situation Jimmy Saville's crimes wouldn't have come to light.

So you would not object to your name being dragged through the papers with accusation after accusation, with your career on hold in the process, then going to court for an allegation that is not proven, while the accusers (some of which could have an ulterior motive - I am not saying that was the case here) remain anonymous?

Will action be taken against his accusers? I certainly hope so.

That's the second Corrie star to be found not guilty.

Jimmy Saville's 'alleged' crimes, surely?

Nope. He's dead. I can say he commited nazi war crimes and i'm fine. He was a peadophile. Probably one of the worst in british history.

So you would not object to your name being dragged through the papers with accusation after accusation, with your career on hold in the process, then going to court for an allegation that is not proven, while the accusers (some of which could have an ulterior motive - I am not saying that was the case here) remain anonymous?

As far as i'm aware i can't be named if someone simply makes a complaint about me. For the police to then arrest and charge me there'd have to something for them to follow up on. Now that doesnt mean guilt, but the greater good is achieved by this being known and allowing others to come forward. Whether i'd mind or not isnt the issue as the british legal system doesnt offer anonymity based on the fact that someone 'minds' or not.

It's not perfect, but it's better.

What the actual ****?

don't know if it applies in England but up here we have the Moorov Doctrine which deals with exactly this sort of scenario.

Haven't heard that one in many ,many years. was it not to overcome the evidence of corroboration, that you could use multiple single witnesses who could give similar evidence although not present at the time the similarities of evidence from victims could corroborate each other. As evidence of a single witness is enough in England would it be needed in these cases.

Haven't heard that one in many ,many years. was it not to overcome the evidence of corroboration, that you could use multiple single witnesses who could give similar evidence although not present at the time the similarities of evidence from victims could corroborate each other. As evidence of a single witness is enough in England would it be needed in these cases.

. Exactly that Bob. You would have thought though in a case like this evidence of this sort would have been very strong - always supposing of course that the evidence given was credible. The fact that he has been found "not guilty" of all the charges makes me wonder about the credibility of the witnesses and their evidence. All in all I'm beginning to wonder if this had been Joe Soap if this case would even have made it as far as court.

Ask our justice Minister who wants to remove corroboration - which would mean every rape accusation would be decided on one word against another.

Sterling Archer

Being proven not guilty doesn't mean his accusers lied, you already know that though.

Ask our justice Minister who wants to remove corroboration - which would mean every rape accusation would be decided on one word against another.

. Exactly - if corroboration goes then we can all look forward to a steep rise in the number of wrongful convictions and a system of justice that has served the people of Scotland well for hundreds of years being in tatters.

Jesus christ

Archived