When was the last time Hearts Started with a ScotsXI

Hearts Heritage

When was the last time Hearts Started with a Scots XI?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When was the last time Hearts Started with a Scots XI?

Hearts Heritage

Someone asked this question. So I thought I'd post a poll and see what people on here perceive to be the last time Hearts started with XI Scots.

I'd have a guess at 2005.

I'd even have a guess at a team of Gordon, Neilson, McAllister, Pressley, Webster, Hartley, Simmons, MacFarlane, Hamill, Miller, Burchill.

Ryan Gosling
I'd have a guess at 2005.

I'd even have a guess at a team of Gordon, Neilson, McAllister, Pressley, Webster, Hartley, Simmons, MacFarlane, Hamill, Miller, Burchill.

Against Celtic?

Against Celtic?

Never had a game in mind, just knew we had a lot of Scottish players after Maybury, De Vries and Kisnorbo moved down south. The team was just a complete guess, in fact if it was before Miko, Chesney and Kizys arrived then it probably would have been Wyness as opposed to Burchill.

Dunno about the home game against Celtic but Kizys played in the away one.

Really can't remember if that is how you spell his name.

Ryan Gosling
Never had a game in mind, just knew we had a lot of Scottish players after Maybury, De Vries and Kisnorbo moved down south. The team was just a complete guess, in fact if it was before Miko, Chesney and Kizys arrived then it probably would have been Wyness as opposed to Burchill.

Dunno about the home game against Celtic but Kizys played in the away one.

Really can't remember if that is how you spell his name.

Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

Hearts: Gordon; Neilson (Cesnauskis, 45), Pressley, Webster, Wallace; Hamill (Kizys, 57), Hartley, MacFarlane (Wyness 82), McAllister; Burchill, Miller. Subs not used: Moilanen, Berra.

Therapist

Who cares. Winning is what counts.

jambo walesy

When was the last time Hibs started with a Scots X1?

Surely last week as they are a young Scottish team.

Was there last time before or after Hearts?

RockyBalboa

Only having one Scottish goalie in the past 20 years is going to make it quite hard me thinks ;)

RockyBalboa

Only having one Scottish goalie in the past 10 years is going to make it quite hard me thinks ;)

jambo walesy
Only having one Scottish goalie in the past 20 years is going to make it quite hard me thinks ;)

Goram,Leighton,Mcneil

I think you will find that is 3.

Therapist
me thinks

Looks like there is indeed a first time for everything.

Tom Heaney

Changing the theme slightly. Can anyone who may have access to Scotland team stats tell us how many Hearts players played (or on the bench) the night Scotland played Italy at Ibrox. I may be way off here but I seem to remember it being really significant. Like 5 or 6. It was the days of Colquhoun , Robbo Levein , Smith , McPherson, Mackay

Cheers

Changing the theme slightly. Can anyone who may have access to Scotland team stats tell us how many Hearts players played (or on the bench) the night Scotland played Italy at Ibrox. I may be way off here but I seem to remember it being really significant. Like 5 or 6. It was the days of Colquhoun , Robbo Levein , Smith , McPherson, Mackay

Cheers

Andy Goram 1

Dave McPherson 2

Maurice Malpas 3

Paul McStay 4

Alan McLaren 5

Derek Whyte 6

Gordon Durie (Jess, 71) 7

Gary McAllister 8

Ally McCoist 9

Ian Durrant (Robertson, 88) 10

Thomas Boyd 11

Playing Substitutes

Eoin Jess (Durie, 71) 13

John Robertson (Durrant, 88)

From Perth to Paisley

Cheers

It doesn't say who the unused subs were though -

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/match_details.cfm?matchid=57956

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I got that one wrong then:mad: I'm sure thats the game I was thinking about but I seem to have caled it wrong. Then again, maybe its the game I gor wron

Getting auld is a terrible thing:eek:

I think you're thinking of a friendly against Germany (Scotland wore the same salmon-pink strip). I think four or five Hearts players played - Walker, McLaren, Levein, McPherson and Robertson. For some reason I'm thinking only four of them started.

RockyBalboa
Looks like there is indeed a first time for everything.

I'd love it (looov it) if we ****ed the Huns tomorrow and Newcasle done your manky English mob :)

Therapist
I'd love it (looov it) if we ****ed the Huns tomorrow and Newcasle done your manky English mob :)

You can only achieve happiness and contentment through the success or otherwise of other clubs.

From Perth to Paisley
I think you're thinking of a friendly against Germany (Scotland wore the same salmon-pink strip). I think four or five Hearts players played - Walker, McLaren, Levein, McPherson and Robertson. For some reason I'm thinking only four of them started.

This one - http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/match_details.cfm?matchid=58047

cosanostra
When was the last time we started with a decent 11?

Now that's a great question.

Cup Final maybe?

Ibrahim Tall
I am not a racist. This is leading into SNP territory.

A Scottish club playing Scottish players is racist? :laugh:

troonjambo

as far as i am concerned i don't want to see hearts ever start with a Scottish 11 again i honestly believe that the improvement in our results against the o/f the last couple of years especially against rangers is down to the foreign boys not giving 2 monkeys for them

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Wouldn't be concerned if Hearts started with XI guys from pluto if it meant we were succesful. Its all very well being principled and playing all Scots but that when jokers like Joe Hammil and Jamie McAllister come into the equation. As long as they give 100% and aren't wage thieves, they can come from wherever the hell they like

jambos are go!
Livvy 1 - 2 Hearts Jan 2005?

I'd agree. Certainly an all Scots Starting 11. Who cares though.

RockyBalboa
You can only achieve happiness and contentment through the success or otherwise of other clubs.

If we win today we're in 3rd and the European place. Where's the other clubs part? My English side are also the best club in the world.

Im away to the big match. Laters.

Guest hoggis
If we win today we're in 3rd and the European place. Where's the other clubs part? My English side are also the best club in the world.

Dont hurry back.Theres a good Hobo.

Miller Jambo 60

HUNS 2 NO CUP 0

Sorry baby cis;)

as far as i am concerned i don't want to see hearts ever start with a Scottish 11 again i honestly believe that the improvement in our results against the o/f the last couple of years especially against rangers is down to the foreign boys not giving 2 monkeys for them

I think that's a very good point and if I had more time I would try and dig up some facts to back that up.

I think if you are Scottish, or even British/Irish, you grow up with the knowledge that the OF are usually all conquering. This leads to players at the smaller clubs, who know the history, developing a loser's mentality when it comes to the Old Firm which, in turn, helps develop the winning mentality already well established by the Glasgow giants.

Some of the differences in points is just ridiculous when you look at how poor some of these Rangers and Celtic sides have actually been. Was a 32 point difference a true reflection of the difference between Rangers title winners in 2004/2005 between third place Hibs? Rangers had Nacho Novo and Dado Prso, Hibs had Riordan and O'Connor. How did anybody not even get close to challenging a Celtic team in chaos under Barnes and Dalglish, they were pitiful.

In the second instance Hearts were 15 points away from them but it wasn't a case of us going in scared against Celtic as we managed to win our final two games against them. What was Hearts downfall was the failure to register a home win against Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone and Motherwell all season, drawing every game with these teams in the process. The same accusation can be leveled at Hibs during, and since the 04/05 season when they have been one of, if not the, best at taking points off the Old Firm.

Is it a case of these teams being too weak and therefore their inconsistency showing through in an end of season table or are the rest of the division partially to blame by not being afraid to play these teams in the same way that they are when playing the Old Firm.

The Old Firm will turn round and point to the fact that all other teams will raise their game when playing them but that in itself does not always mean better performances. Getting themselves so worked can backfire in terms of poor discipline, both as individuals and as a team in general. Also when you've fired yourself up for a game so much, losing the first goal to a team that has beaten you and everybody like you regularly can be a crushing blow.

Foreign players can get used to this mentality over time but bringing in a new batch, such as Hearts did in 2005, brings with it a mentality that every team is just like the other.

last time hibs fielded a scots 11 was 15/03/97 according to my hibbee mate.

if any one was interested to compare.

Archived