U20s at Tynecastle

roscoe

The U20's are playing Hamilton at Tynecastle tomorrow night, Tuesday 23rd at 7pm.

Entry is free, but a programme and teamsheet will be available for a donation.

The support has been great this year, so lets get as many there for the last home game!

The U20's are playing Hamilton at Tynecastle tomorrow night, Tuesday 23rd at 7pm.

Entry is free, but a programme and teamsheet will be available for a donation.

The support has been great this year, so lets get as many there for the last home game!

According to the website there is another home match v Dundee Utd on 7th May, unless that's been switched?

According to the website there is another home match v Dundee Utd on 7th May, unless that's been switched?

Yes - there was a mix up with the dates. We played at home last Thursday against Dundee United. The 7th of May is now the away game.

Yes - there was a mix up with the dates. We played at home last Thursday against Dundee United. The 7th of May is now the away game.

Thanks for that, I knew they had swapped the game last Thursday. I wasn't sure about the 7th though.

Footballfirst

Team Ridgers McKay McMillan Gordon Prychynenko Tapping B King G Scott Oliver McGowan D Smith (1-11)

Subs Hamilton Keegan L Smith Buchanan A Scott

Team Ridgers McKay McMillan Gordon Prychynenko Tapping B King G Scott Oliver McGowan D Smith (1-11)

Subs Hamilton Keegan L Smith Buchanan A Scott

That sounds like a strong team.

Footballfirst

One of the poorest performances of the season I'm afraid. Hearts had a Hamilton team in their faces all game, winning every 2nd ball and Hearts just didn't have the creativity in the side to work around it.

Denis P started as an attacking midfielder (lost) while McGowan played at the back, but was subbed at half time as was George Scott as Hearts could barely string two or three passes together.

Hearts only created a couple of decent chances in the whole 90 minutes. Billy King drove an angled shot just wide from a long ball from McGowan and Oliver should have scored after he got the better of the centre back in the box but shot weakly from eight yards and the keeper saved easily then blocked the rebound from Billy King.

Hamilton's front three had a myriad of efforts from the edge of the box which either were just off target or deflected away for corners. However, it took until the hour mark for them to go ahead with a decent strike by Watson from 15 yards. Hearts got their lifeline with five minutes left. Billiy King cut in from the left and was tripped at the corner of the box. Billy took the spot kick and thumped the ball down the middle for the equaliser.

In the 90th minute, Hearts marking at the back was poor as a low ball from the left was turned into the net by Kilday from close range to give Hamilton a deserved victory.

It was the lack of creativity that hit us tonight. To that extent we missed Adam King, Sam Nicholson and Angus Beith in addition to Jordan McGhee who are all away on Scotland duty. For the more experienced guys in the Hearts line-up, nobody enhanced their reputation.

Jambof3tornado

Have we not lost a few late late goals in recent games? Possibly a mentality issue, not believing they can see games out.

Good experience for them all though. Fingers crossed a few make the step up.

Hearts starting 11 had a few players with first team experience who you would expect a lot more from than they offered tonight. FF focuses on the young players who are away on international duty but I feel a mention should be made for the youngsters who replaced them tonight. Liam Gordon started the game after a fine performance against Dundee Utd and had another fairly solid performance tonight, Arran Scott came on at half time and although a bit nervy initially he settled into the game and played an excellent pass to Billy King to get the penalty. Finally Liam Smith who came on with 20 to go and look assured in both full back areas linking well with his team mate Scott and was unlucky not to score in injury time.

One of the poorest performances of the season I'm afraid. Hearts had a Hamilton team in their faces all game, winning every 2nd ball and Hearts just didn't have the creativity in the side to work around it.

Denis P started as an attacking midfielder (lost) while McGowan played at the back, but was subbed at half time as was George Scott as Hearts could barely string two or three passes together.

Hearts only created a couple of decent chances in the whole 90 minutes. Billy King drove an angled shot just wide from a long ball from McGowan and Oliver should have scored after he got the better of the centre back in the box but shot weakly from eight yards and the keeper saved easily then blocked the rebound from Billy King.

Hamilton's front three had a myriad of efforts from the edge of the box which either were just off target or deflected away for corners. However, it took until the hour mark for them to go ahead with a decent strike by Watson from 15 yards. Hearts got their lifeline with five minutes left. Billiy King cut in from the left and was tripped at the corner of the box. Billy took the spot kick and thumped the ball down the middle for the equaliser.

In the 90th minute, Hearts marking at the back was poor as a low ball from the left was turned into the net by Kilday from close range to give Hamilton a deserved victory.

It was the lack of creativity that hit us tonight. To that extent we missed Adam King, Sam Nicholson and Angus Beith in addition to Jordan McGhee who are all away on Scotland duty. For the more experienced guys in the Hearts line-up, nobody enhanced their reputation.

Agree with this summary. Notables for me where Billy King (I think he's going to do well next season) and No.4 Liam Gordon. Think Liam was one of only two or three players who played last Thursday I think, where a much younger team played way better than tonight. Hamilton were definitely the better team and a draw would have been harsh on them. Was disappointed with McGowan, Dennis P (anonymous in midfield) and Brad McKay (strutting around like billy big baws and really quite poor). George Scott who played well on Thursday was quiter tonight but I like the look of him. No.9 Gary Oliver and No.11 David Smith tried but Hamilton were defensively too good.

Hearts starting 11 had a few players with first team experience who you would expect a lot more from than they offered tonight. FF focuses on the young players who are away on international duty but I feel a mention should be made for the youngsters who replaced them tonight. Liam Gordon started the game after a fine performance against Dundee Utd and had another fairly solid performance tonight, Arran Scott came on at half time and although a bit nervy initially he settled into the game and played an excellent pass to Billy King to get the penalty. Finally Liam Smith who came on with 20 to go and look assured in both full back areas linking well with his team mate Scott and was unlucky not to score in injury time.

I (agree) and should ave said the boys who came on at half-time especially No.12, Mark Keegan, did do well.

Wasn't his best night

I won't argue with that but the team played poorly and I thought Tappy looked decent.

Harry Palmer

Away from this game, but Jordan McGhee has scored for Scotland u18s v Israel from a Beith free kick.

Not a great performance last night. Amongst others I though we missed Adam King. Still onwards and upwards, anyone know where Dunfermline play their U20 matches?

Footballfirst

Not a great performance last night. Amongst others I though we missed Adam King. Still onwards and upwards, anyone know where Dunfermline play their U20 matches?

East End Park. The game against Hearts could be postponed however, as the Pars have the final of the Youth Cup against Celtic on 1st May.

Failing that they may field a young side (U17s / U18s ?) against Hearts and I'm sure that we could do something similar.

East End Park. The game against Hearts could be postponed however, as the Pars have the final of the Youth Cup against Celtic on 1st May.

Failing that they may field a young side (U17s / U18s ?) against Hearts and I'm sure that we could do something similar.

Cheers FF I'll check the website on Tuesday.

Footballfirst

Next Tuesday's (30th) game against Dunfermline has been postponed. No alternative date agreed as yet.

Archived