We can put Dundee down...

Gillyboy

For the first time since 86 I'll be heading to dens next week - the clock always comes round to 12!

As said by BP in another thread.....I'd rather st mirren went down instead....we should lie down...

That would be :verysmug:

john brownlee

would it mean between finishin' above h1b5 or lying down so st midden went down..... thats a toughie.....could all three get relagateds now that would please me

You understand they will be kicking 3 shades of shit out of our team yeah ?

Still beat them like! just hope the ref nips it in the bud early doors

..for me Putting Dundee down would be more pleasing. Anyone that was there in 86 should get themselves to the game. They loved it jumping about on the pitch etc.. that day ..now it's payback! Let them feel the pain, once down it will take them years to get back.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

As said by BP in another thread.....I'd rather st mirren went down instead....we should lie down...

That would be :verysmug:

That would make us no better than them. Better to have a bit of dignity & try to win every game we play.

SEND.THEM.DOWN..........................................................................RIGHT DOWN.

That would make us no better than them. Better to have a bit of dignity & try to win every game we play.

Ofc I want hearts to win, 3 in a row too, not done that for a bit, but if Dundee did beat us, its looking at it in a positive slant ;) It would be a wonderful wind up...

:lol:

Fermit the Krog

Do we only have to beat them to send them down?

Or do other results have to go a certain way too ?

A draw might be enough.

A win seals it.

Hope they burn, like.

john brownlee

the trouble that day was that dundee were trying to win as they could have got the euro spot whereas st liedoon were just losing to help their kissin' cousins and that to me was just plain cheating so for that reason I want st liedoon out I suppose the lesser of two evils I've never blamed dundee at least they were trying to win a game but in all honesty which one of the two would you want Hearts to do, lose and cheat or go for a win and see what dundee can do, hold your head up high regardless of the result,

the only thing that I hated about dundee was that tickidd milked it for all its worth got gigs even as far as aussie boastin how he destroyed Hearts and handed the league to his bhoyhood team (sic)

Fermit the Krog

the trouble that day was that dundee were trying to win as they could have got the euro spot whereas st liedoon were just losing to help their kissin' cousins and that to me was just plain cheating so for that reason I want st liedoon out I suppose the lesser of two evils I've never blamed dundee at least they were trying to win a game but in all honesty which one of the two would you want Hearts to do, lose and cheat or go for a win and see what dundee can do, hold your head up high regardless of the result,

the only thing that I hated about dundee was that tickidd milked it for all its worth got gigs even as far as aussie boastin how he destroyed Hearts and handed the league to his bhoyhood team (sic)

The best Dundee could have finished going into 03/05/86 was 5th.

Did we have 5 euro places up for grabs?

*Not that I disagree with your broader point.

IIRC Dundee would have qualified for Europe if Rangers lost at home that day (to Morton?) which was really not expected. A draw against us was no good if thee huns lost. 10 mins from the end at Dens still 0-0 and suddenly the Dundee fans started cheering and singing. It had wrongly and to my mind still highly suspiciously announced on Radio Scotland that Rangers were losing. Remember no internet, mobile phones back then and no way of checking if it was true. Dundee players got a huge lift and upped their game. The rest is history.

To this day I dont know how that piece of disinformation got out but it fecked us as much as the antics in Paisley.

Dundee thought they had qualified for Europe and their fans were gutted too. Although not nearly on the scale we felt.

Would love to feck St Mirren more than Dundee.

dkmmgcycbwc

Dundee did nothing wrong that day. Played a game of fitba and won it. No problem. Their announcer bent things a bit by giving only news positive for DFC fans... regular Celtic goals and no update on Rangers score (oveturning HT deficit). He'd say that was to keep the atmosphere positive.

One guilty club that day. StM who picked a team of whom 5out of 11 had already been freed.

Fermit the Krog

IIRC Dundee would have qualified for Europe if Rangers lost at home that day (to Morton?) which was really not expected. A draw against us was no good if thee huns lost. 10 mins from the end at Dens still 0-0 and suddenly the Dundee fans started cheering and singing. It had wrongly and to my mind still highly suspiciously announced on Radio Scotland that Rangers were losing. Remember no internet, mobile phones back then and no way of checking if it was true. Dundee players got a huge lift and upped their game. The rest is history.

To this day I dont know how that piece of disinformation got out but it fecked us as much as the antics in Paisley.

Dundee thought they had qualified for Europe and their fans were gutted too. Although not nearly on the scale we felt.

Was there but too young to remember the specifics of what you mention.

Could that explain the OTT celebrations of the Dundee fans at FT (thinking they had qualified for Europe?) Really dislike Dundee(as a club and city) because of what happened but have always thought of them as just going out to win a game of football (unlike St Mirren) and part of me refusing to believe their fans would gloat about Celtic winning the league (but then I hear stories of the fans giving it large to the Hearts fans on the buses leaving Dundee and I still hear them singing about Albert Kidd when they play us etc.)

Be good if John Sutton scores the winner. Our Albert Kidd moment.

They are a certainty to go down. Different circumstances. Just wouldn't be the same.

Still would love it if the big man bagged a hat trick :)

The Marooney Meister

I still recall many Dundee fans coming to our games well after '86 wearing Albert Kidd wigs.

Personally speaking and being there in '86, I would love it if Hearts put them down next week!

Plus they have always been a bogey team ever since :disappointed:

3fingersreid

..for me Putting Dundee down would be more pleasing. Anyone that was there in 86 should get themselves to the game. They loved it jumping about on the pitch etc.. that day ..now it's payback! Let them feel the pain, once down it will take them years to get back.

I know what your saying but I've never been back to that shit hole and I made a promise never ever to return

FFS I can still see that day as clear as crystal however in the words of KK I'd love it if we could relegate they *******s especially with the current manager they have

We can do st cheats next season

Was there but too young to remember the specifics of what you mention.

Could that explain the OTT celebrations of the Dundee fans at FT (thinking they had qualified for Europe?) Really dislike Dundee(as a club and city) because of what happened but have always thought of them as just going out to win a game of football (unlike St Mirren) and part of me refusing to believe their fans would gloat about Celtic winning the league (but then I hear stories of the fans giving it large to the Hearts fans on the buses leaving Dundee and I still hear them singing about Albert Kidd when they play us etc.)

Im convinced they thought they had qualified and were gutted although sympathy for them wasnt really uppermost in my mind trooping out the stadium!!

Another poster mentioned the Dundee stadium announcer but I genuinely dont remember any updates whilst the game was in progress.

Why did Radio Scotland lie about the score at Ibrox? Kidd only came on when Dundee thought they could qualify for Europe. By and large they had been poor that day but sensed we were under huge pressure because of the score in Paisley. It all sort of conspired against us in the end.

Dundee fans have been a bit knobbish about it but all's fair in football banter.

What was not fair was the lack of effort by certain St Mirren employees who cheated their own fans and us.

Would rather put St Mirren down, but would concentrate on the 3 points to be honest as we could do with them.

Fermit the Krog

Im convinced they thought they had qualified and were gutted although sympathy for them wasnt really uppermost in my mind trooping out the stadium!!

Another poster mentioned the Dundee stadium announcer but I genuinely dont remember any updates whilst the game was in progress.

Why did Radio Scotland lie about the score at Ibrox? Kidd only came on when Dundee thought they could qualify for Europe. By and large they had been poor that day but sensed we were under huge pressure because of the score in Paisley. It all sort of conspired against us in the end.

Dundee fans have been a bit knobbish about it but all's fair in football banter.

What was not fair was the lack of effort by certain St Mirren employees who cheated their own fans and us.

Thank you.

Puts a feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I think too much about it (like now).

Shutting off the laptop and away to read the wee yin a story.

Theme From Sparta F.C.

Rangers played Motherwell that day.

A rumour went round the 'Derry' that Motherwell had scored and went 1-0 up at Ibrox. A Rangers defeat and a Dundee win would've put them into the Ufea Cup the next season. That's when the 'Derry' roared.

Three of my mates are Dundee season ticket holders. And they all thought they were heading to Europe.

They were all gutted at the outcome.

7 days later, Steve went to the SC Final with me, and he had to drag me out of Hampden greetin after Wallace Mercer came to the Hearts end, waved a scarf, and applauded us.

To this day, Steve, Daren and Greig are still Dundee season ticket holders. And we're all still good mates.

And ALL 3 of them hate St Liedoon, and wish we had won the league.

In fact, Steve claims that that fateful day in '86 changed Scottish football for ever. That Summer, Rangers brought in Souness as player manager. And the circus of buying English / European players began.

When we won the Cup in 98, Steve and Greig were in the pub later that evening with Champagne for us. And they partied with us last year on the 19th May.

Definitely want St. Midden down more. hate the *****.

This...dreadful fecking team

Dundee had to win in 86 for a chance for europe...fair play to them.

Still dislike them,but St mirren have shown themselves time and time again to be fecking sewer rats.

They know 86 was a fecking disgrace...

Rangers played Motherwell that day.

A rumour went round the 'Derry' that Motherwell had scored and went 1-0 up at Ibrox. A Rangers defeat and a Dundee win would've put them into the Ufea Cup the next season. That's when the 'Derry' roared.

Three of my mates are Dundee season ticket holders. And they all thought they were heading to Europe.

They were all gutted at the outcome.

7 days later, Steve went to the SC Final with me, and he had to drag me out of Hampden greetin after Wallace Mercer came to the Hearts end, waved a scarf, and applauded us.

To this day, Steve, Daren and Greig are still Dundee season ticket holders. And we're all still good mates.

And ALL 3 of them hate St Liedoon, and wish we had won the league.

In fact, Steve claims that that fateful day in '86 changed Scottish football for ever. That Summer, Rangers brought in Souness as player manager. And the circus of buying English / European players began.

When we won the Cup in 98, Steve and Greig were in the pub later that evening with Champagne for us. And they partied with us last year on the 19th May.

The only place the rumour in the Dundee Derry could have come from was Glasgow based Radio Scotland via transister radios in the ground.

The question has never been answered. Why did they lie and effectively give Sellick a hugely unfair advantage in the dying minutes of the season?

It was a diagusting way to lose a league title.

The Old Tolbooth

This!! Very much this!

rossthejambo

I hate Dundee, I'll be more than happy when we're the ones to batter the final nail in their coffin.

:jjyay:

Theme From Sparta F.C.

To be fair, it was more likely that someone misheard their 'tranny' and they started cheering, and it just spread. A classic case of Chinese whispers perhaps?

Dundee did what they had to do. If the tables had been turned, we'd have done the same.

Now as far as St Midden are concerned.... There's no doubt in my mind that they did lie down to their Glasgow cousins that day.

Felix Lighter

From memory, I can't remember us relegating anyone in the last twenty odd years. Am I right.

I think you are right,since '86 we've had the chance to relegate both Dundee and St Mirren and lost both games at Tynie.

Fuming.

CavySlaveJambo

Do we only have to beat them to send them down?

Yep

Dundee have to win and St Mirren lose for Dundee to have a chance of staying up.

john brownlee

I believe it was between them and huns there was a story going round that dundee players thought rankers were gettting beat

dkmmgcycbwc

Difficult to be 100% certain about details all those years ago but I am sure they announced goals from the other 2 games during play - not just at HT - but then left DFC fans thinking events at Ibrox were still putting them in Europe if they beat us.

Also as the season then used to end earlier players contracts were renewed or otherwise much earlier and almost half the StM team would have known they were being freed and that was before Bosman made that a normal situation so the team selection was strange.

When they got relegated at Livingston years ago I went along with a mate. Livi fans invaded the pitch after the game so we joined in. My first sight as I got on the pitch was Tam Macmus slumped on the ground crying. I ran up to him and said get it up you ya h1b5 ****. Later in wether spoons loads of Dundee fans were there drowning their sorrows. I pretended to not know what was happening and said mate whats wrong? We got relegated mate he said. I laughed and said well you have no sympathy after your Kidd chants since 86 I hope youse rot in hell. Yes it was childish and for me that ended that chapter but that other pathetic club . if Dundee pulled this back and they went down because we helped well that would raise a smile.

St Mirren are 2 points off safety, so Dundee need to win every game while hoping St Mirren lose pretty much every game.

That's not going to happen, so we might as well put them out of their misery.

Jambo-Chappy

Can't blame Dundee for beating us that day. St Midden though, that's another story. Wish them nothing but pain.

MacDonald Jardine

Difficult to be 100% certain about details all those years ago but I am sure they announced goals from the other 2 games during play - not just at HT - but then left DFC fans thinking events at Ibrox were still putting them in Europe if they beat us.

Also as the season then used to end earlier players contracts were renewed or otherwise much earlier and almost half the StM team would have known they were being freed and that was before Bosman made that a normal situation so the team selection was strange.

I'm sure they didn't. I well remember the feelings in the Hearts end when the HT score came in from Paisley.

We need dough for finishing high as poss, so we shall try and win . Simple as that, st mirren and dundee are irrelevant we're skint!

I'm sure they didn't. I well remember the feelings in the Hearts end when the HT score came in from Paisley.

Remember thinking oh shit !! 4-0 at half time was it ?

Dundee just did their job. We did not... Neither did St Midden.

This. Need to get over this though guys. At this time, I'm far more hacked off we allowed st mirren to beat us again 5 weeks ago and deny us a well overdue cup.

Archived