U20's tonight

Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro

Anyone heading to this?

Am I right in saying it's at Tynecastle, and is 'pay what you can'?

What time is kick off?

Anyone heading to this?

Am I right in saying it's at Tynecastle, and is 'pay what you can'?

It is 6pm kick off, entry is by donation.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Would anyone going to the game tonight mind picking me up a programme? PM if possible. Cheers :)

Team is:

Hamilton, Smith, McMillan, Gordon, McGhee, A King, Mckirdy, Scott, Oliver, Beith and Nicholson.

Only 4 subs. Millar, Keegan Buchan and Ford.

Footballfirst

U19 side tonight with no overage players.

Hamilton

L Smith Gordon McGhee McMillan

McCurdy A. King Beith

G Scott Oliver Nicholson

1-0 Hearts - Scott, I think.

Corner played to the edge of the box, headed towards the 6 yard box then headed in.

Maurice Moss

I wonder if playing a very young U20s team means the more senior youth players (Denis, B. King, Ridgers etc.) might be getting a bit of game time for the first-team.

I wonder if playing a very young U20s team means the more senior youth players (Denis, B. King, Ridgers etc.) might be getting a bit of game time for the first-team.

They all played on Tuesday instead.

Half time.

We look decent, but the final ball needs work. McGhee and Nicholson have looked the brightest so far.

Full time.

The lads ran out of ideas in the last 20 mins, and were caught at the back easily.

Good learning curve, and all that.

Ah, fair play

a couple of weeks ago Brad McKay played 90mins against Hibs on the Tuesday then started against Roos County on saturday

Footballfirst

Disappointing loss after twice being ahead. Hearts fielded 2 x U19s, 4 x U18s 4 x U17s and 1 x U15, a selection that was reminiscent of the young sides that started the season. Dundee Utd also fielded a young side with only a couple of U20s in their line up.

United had the better of the first 15 minutes before Hearts got a foothold in the game by exploiting some space on the right flank. The opening goal came after 20 minutes from an Adam King corner on the right, who found Liam Gordon rising unchallenged beyond the back post to head back towards goal, where Gary Oliver's flicked header was enough to beat the keeper.

Hearts then looked the better side for the remainder of the half and were much more confident in their passing. They might have gone two up with a Jordan McGhee header which flew just over the top from another Adam King corner .

United got back on terms in the 41st minute due to a lack of concentration and "professionalism" on Hearts part. Jack Hamilton was busy lining up his wall for a free kick 25 yards out when Barrett took a quick free kick coolly knocked the ball into the opposite corner.

Hearts went back in front a minute into the second half after Sam Nicholson broke down the right and cut inside to play a pass to Gary Oliver at the edge of the box, Gary made as if to shoot with his left foot but turned back onto his right and curled his shot superbly just inside the right hand post.

The second half was a bit scrappy with few real openings, but United probably had the edge on pressure. They equalised after 74 minutes when the ball was played into the middle and the striker chested the ball down to Scott Fraser who swiveled and hit a first-time shot into the corner of the goal.

Worse was to follow after 82 minutes when United's trialist substitute chased down a ball over the top and as Jordan McGhee stumbled he was in on goal and slotted the ball past Hamilton.

Euan Spark was sent off a minute later for his second yellow, but Hearts didn't really create anything of note in the later stages.

The second half was pretty average from a Hearts point of view as they failed to create anything in the final third.

Jordan McGhee had a good game at the back, bar the incident around the winning goal, while Adam King was the best of the midfielders. Gary Oliver was excellent for the first hour but struggled to create anything in the last half hour as perhaps tiredness from the 4 games in 10 days eventually took their toll on those who played in 3 or 4 of those games.

Thought Hearts deserved a win or draw from that game last night and poor defending on two occasions cost us dear. Some beautiful flowing passing from the lads and really impressed by their skill and composure (and desire to get the ball back when they lost it). King, McGhee, Oliver, and George Scott really impressed me, but all the team did well. There is definitely hope for the future if we can retain Darren Murray to nurture these young lads.

I thought Liam Gordon had a decent game, I've not seen him play before, but the stand outs for me were McGhee, Nicholson and King.

Oliver and Beith both look like they have 'something' and hopefully they go on to develop more, as they certainly have the potential.

Well done to all the lads, especially wee McKirdy who never stopped running and annoying the big defenders he was up against.

United were certainly a physically bigger side.

Billy Dodds disagrees. There is no side bigger or physicaller than Hearts.

Would anyone going to the game tonight mind picking me up a programme? PM if possible. Cheers :)

Did you get a programme Jim?

I could photocopy mine and email it to you if you want.

Billy Dodds disagrees. There is no side bigger or physicaller than Hearts.

But Dodds would not say it like that, it'd be:

Thur a biggerer physicallyilier team oh big lads.

:cheesy:

Footballfirst

The U20s will be without four of the players who started last night for next week's game against Hamilton.

Adam King, Jordan McGhee, Sam Nicholson and Angus Beith are all away with Scotland U18s playing two matches in Israel next week.

The U20s will be without four of the players who started last night for next week's game against Hamilton.

Adam King, Jordan McGhee, Sam Nicholson and Angus Beith are all away with Scotland U18s playing two matches in Israel next week.

Scott Smith, No 8 for United last night is in the squad as well.

I thought Liam Gordon had a decent game, I've not seen him play before, but the stand outs for me were McGhee, Nicholson and King.

Oliver and Beith both look like they have 'something' and hopefully they go on to develop more, as they certainly have the potential.

Well done to all the lads, especially wee McKirdy who never stopped running and annoying the big defenders he was up against.

The player that scored the winner for them was massive, surely he's not u20?

Fantastic to watch some superb football last night from back-middle-front ,watching young players being brave on the ball in tight situations .

At times especially in the middle third of the game the football from the young Jambos was top drawer .

Question is - why not play in this style in the 1st team...be brave.

A few of this squad will have a right good chance

Sounds from all the reports that the boys did well and played some good football, how did the younger players that are not full time cope with the pace of the game and similarly those who haven't really had a lot of game time ?

Sounds from all the reports that the boys did well and played some good football, how did the younger players that are not full time cope with the pace of the game and similarly those who haven't really had a lot of game time ?

I thought they all coped well, tired as the game progressed but that's to be expected, Scott and McMillan looked as though they play every week!

Archived