***** walking around Edinburgh like a shan version of Reservoir Dogs

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Da *** is this all about??

Noticed it more and more lately. Groups of 3/4/5 people walking in a line blocking the entire pavement, meaning you have to walk onto the road to get around them.

Gives me the ******* seethe that big time. How do you approach it? Just barge through them or what? Stand on the back of one of the ***** shoes so it falls off, breaking their Reservoir Dog impression in the process? Refusing to move on to the road any longer for these ignorant *****.

(Reservoir Dogs line stolen from another thread :lol: )

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Grumble: *fuxake* and walk past them brushing against the one on the end's shoulder a little more forcibly than is usually regarded as polite. :D

Da *** is this all about??

Noticed it more and more lately. Groups of 3/4/5 people walking in a line blocking the entire pavement, meaning you have to walk onto the road to get around them.

Gives me the ******* seethe that big time. How do you approach it? Just barge through them or what? Stand on the back of one of the ***** shoes so it falls off, breaking their Reservoir Dog impression in the process? Refusing to move on to the road any longer for these ignorant *****.

(Reservoir Dogs line stolen from another thread :lol: )

Happens in Glasgow too unfortunately. :(

Got stuck behind 4 wallopers today walking up Glassford Street on the way to work this morning, as we approached scaffolding ahead, I thought, excellent a chance to swoop past on the outside as they will need to drop into a 2-2 formation.

Did the feck, 2 walked through the scaffolding as the other 2 went round the outside which involved one walking on the road. :wtf:

What is the point??? Seriously??

Do The Dance

The etiquette is that they should surely break. Walk with head down into them. Run to create greater force, if required.

Got stuck behind 4 wallopers today walking up Glassford Street on the way to work this morning, as we approached scaffolding ahead, I thought, excellent a chance to swoop past on the outside as they will need to drop into a 2-2 formation.

Did the feck, 2 walked through the scaffolding as the other 2 went round the outside which involved one walking on the road. :wtf:

:lol:

They can't break the line. They will go to any length to maintain the line.

Bunch of ***** man.

Lancashire_Lou

So, like trying to get through a roller derby pack? Shoulder/hip smash them at their weakest spot.

It's the arrogance of these people that their speed of progress is the optimum, that grinds my gears. A water cannon would be my personal choice but maybe a fake gun with authentic gunfire? I'm sure after a suitable explanation the police would be sympathetic.

So, like trying to get through a roller derby pack? Shoulder/hip smash them at their weakest spot.

Didn't see anyone say it was a line of 4 hairy lesbians?

I remember walking down Rose Street once and Riordan and his gang were on the march towards me. They covered every single gradient of pavement in a line on their way towards me - I must have been fifteen or so at the time. Where the **** was I supposed to walk?!

Should've just nutted him. :jjyay:

Guest GhostHunter

Easy - just before "meeting" them - you turn around as if someone has just called you from behind, but in doing so, slightly lower your shoulder whilst speeding up your walk and brace for impact.

It won't be you that's on your arse...and, should the inevitable - "Whit's yer problem mate" arise, smugly turn round and say, "Sorry, DIDN'T SEE YOU".

Uttering "Ya ******" under your breath gets bonus points.

:verysmug:

That's how you do it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Should've wrapped a bit of that scaffolding round one of their heads.

When in Rome and all that...

BoJack Horseman

Absolutely despise folk that walk across the whole pavement in a group. If they're coming towards me I just walk straight into the middle of them. If I'm behind them it's usually a scoot round them via the road. I hate pedestrians, absolutely hate them. Worse than the folk who get on the bus. The one's who walk slowly, the one's who walk and text, the one's that just stop mid stride, the one's that change direction without warning, the one's that can't make their mind up where they're going. All pricks.

Should've wrapped a bit of that scaffolding round one of their heads.

When in Rome and all that...

Was very tempting to go all Patrick Bateman on them, but I didn't want to get blood on my suit or raincoat.

Absolutely despise folk that walk across the whole pavement in a group. If they're coming towards me I just walk straight into the middle of them. If I'm behind them it's usually a scoot round them via the road. I hate pedestrians, absolutely hate them. Worse than the folk who get on the bus. The one's who walk slowly, the one's who walk and text, the one's that just stop mid stride, the one's that change direction without warning, the one's that can't make their mind up where they're going. All pricks.

the ones that do all of this at the one time while waving about an umbrella should be shot on sight

BoJack Horseman

the ones that do all of this at the one time while waving about an umbrella should be shot on sight

Don't even get me started on umbrellas.

This is one of my pet hates too. Arseholes.

Or couples walking hand-in-hand taking up the entire pavement refusing to let go so one of them can let you past without either walking into one of them or walking in the gutter. Pricks.

Stand still, pull a Big Issue out and watch the path open up for you. They may even cross the road.

Stand still, pull a Big Issue out and watch the path open up for you. They may even cross the road.

:rofl:

Does that still work if you are wearing a suit??

If you are behind them kick a stone on approach. Even if you don't hit them, at least one will turn round and see you, thus giving carte blanche to breenge past them. If approaching, walk through and don't say anything, Ever. The person that speaks after a pedestrian collission is admitting their guilt.

It's amazing how many folk wander around places like Princes Street in their own wee world as if there isn't ever going to be anyone else walking about at the same time!

As for the couples holding hands/groups walking 4 abreast if they are coming towards me it isn't an issue but that might just because I'll generally look like a right grumpy **** that isn't going to alter course for anyone!

Stuart Lyon

How does a pedestrian warn other pedestrians that he/she is about to stop/turn round? Can't recollect ever seeing anyone make a gesture to indicate their intentions to fellow pedestrians. Is this covered in the Highway Code?

How does a pedestrian warn other pedestrians that he/she is about to stop/turn round? Can't recollect ever seeing anyone make a gesture to indicate their intentions to fellow pedestrians. Is this covered in the Highway Code?

The correct procedure is to gradually move towards the edge of the pavement, glance over your shoulder and then make your stop and turn after checking that nobody is about to walk into the back of you.

BoJack Horseman

The correct procedure is to gradually move towards the edge of the pavement, glance over your shoulder and then make your stop and turn after checking that nobody is about to walk into the back of you.

This, it's not a literal warning. It's just being self aware. If I'm going to stop abruptly, I'm going to check if there's anyone directly behind me first.

they engage their brain, thats a start. it's pretty much the same as highway code, no rocket science. left right back and front then manouvre/stop how hard can it be

Sawdust Caesar

Or get your hands on a chuggers charity jacket/vest thingy, people will part like the Red sea when you approach them.

Nobody under six foot four should be allowed an Umbrella

This. I recently shouted at a woman for basically taking my eye out with one and got stared by other people at as if I was the arsehole.

Maybe "Have some ******* spacial awareness you ******* daft cow" wasn't the best way to open, but as a tall guy I'm sick of being at face level with other ***** umbrellas.

This. I recently shouted at a woman for basically taking my eye out with one and got stared by other people at as if I was the arsehole.

Maybe "Have some ******* spacial awareness you ******* daft cow" wasn't the best way to open, but as a tall guy I'm sick of being at face level with other ***** umbrellas.

Using the word 'spacial' was probably the problem. A lot of people can take being called a '******* daft cow', but take umbrage if somebody uses a word that they don't understand.

ArcticJambo

If you are behind them kick a stone on approach. Even if you don't hit them, at least one will turn round and see you, thus giving carte blanche to breenge past them. If approaching, walk through and don't say anything, Ever. The person that speaks after a pedestrian collission is admitting their guilt.

Assuming of course that you carry a pocketful of stones around with you.

Archived