loss of daughter

Sharpie

I have hesitated in creating this thread, but I have just read the loss of pet thread. I didn't want to be seen as a sympathy seeker, but my 48 year old beautiful, lively daughter was fatally injured an an automobile accident last Thursday in Gorey Ireland.

She was staying at their house which she visited regularly, Deborah and her husband commuted regularly between Vancouver and Gorey, she loved her house and Ireland. They had a lovely house in the Country, an acre of so of land with a view that was unobstructed for miles. She told her Mum she had always felt that Vancouver was not her place to be in life, and that she had found her place in Gorey to be her place on earth it just all fitted for her.

She has been cremated and her husband John is bringing her back here for a Memorial service. It is going to be extremely large he has some prominence throughout the Country. On conclusion she will be returned to Ireland, and her remains spread in the area she felt was her heaven on earth, this does give us some condolence, but impossible as it is I want her back cause she was Esther and my life.

Seven years ago when I was in having just had cancer surgery she came here to Kelowna, to make sure I was O.K. I said Hearts had a big game today against Aberdeen, I wonder how they done. She came back to the house and logged on to JKB told the guys where |I was and got the score. There were some posts and I don't know if they were talking about me or Deb, but I don't think they could get their head around the surgery for cancer and the checking on the score on a football forum

I am sorry about spreading this misery on you, but just writing has helped, as did a fine JKB member who privately gave me valuable advice, sympathy and counselling.

Unimaginable. I hope you can find some comfort in the time that you had with her and the memories that you hold.

My heart goes out to you.

scottish_chicP

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and your family.

I also don't think sharing the loss of someone so close to you is in any way attention seeking.

RIP Deborah. Thoughts going out to your family at this difficult time Bob. I'm sure you will all give her a great final goodbye when she returns over the pond.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Sorry to hear that, Bob.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. May she Rest in Peace.

Walter Payton

Sorry to hear that Bob. Hoping you and your family will find the support you need during this awful time.

Condolences Bob. Thoughts are both with you and your family.

You are one of the most popular / respected posters on JKB, so if typing out a few words to us is of any help at all, then keep doing it.

No parent should outlive their child, it must be the worst thing to experience.

Sorry about your loss and my thoughts are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and your family.

I also don't think sharing the loss of someone so close to you is in any way attention seeking.

As is usual with me I write and it doesn't,t come out the way I mean it. For example when I mentioned the pet thread, I was not being critical, I actually realized the poster there was showing me tha it is o.k. To grieve and share it, could see he and I were going through similar emotions. Equally I am of the old school and the philosophy was never show any weakness, what a load of bull, nothing helps more than sharing with friends the grief. I have been on jkb since this happened there is no better place to visit if you want a good laugh and to get free entertainment. You see even now I feel pretty good, thanks folk

So sorry to hear of your loss, Bob. I can't imagine what you're going through, but my thoughts are with you.

Such sad news. I'm so sorry to hear this Bob.

Thoughts are very much with you and your family.

If it helps then you scribble away, there's plenty people here who want to hear it.

Neilson's Shank

Bob, in my opinion what you have done is exactly the right thing. My younger brother was knocked down and killed in a hit and run in 1975. There was little counseling then and the culture and technology of the time was not as it is now. I am convinced that not sharing their loss had a profound impact on my mother and father and both died before reaching a good age. It is good for you and those round you to do whatever you can to come to terms with this tragedy, you will never fully recover, but you will arrive at coping strategies in a shorter period of time.

Thinking about you.

willie wallace

Sorry for your loss Bob and if sharing your thoughts with the guys on here helps in even the smallest way please do not hesitate.

What can i say,what can anyone say!! I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through, life is so unfair at times I'm sure I speak for all of us on this forum if it helps you even in the smallest way then we are hear for you. Take care.

Carl Fredrickson

Sorry to hear this tragic news Bob. I always enjoy your posts and your reflections on how things were have brightened up many a day of mine.

I found it really hard reading your post without a tear in my eye. I do not know you, will never meet you but you have been a welcome addition into my life.

May you and your family draw together at this tough time and you will be in the thoughts and prayers of many at this hard time.

Toxteth O'Grady

Sorry to hear this Bob, the suddeness makes it all the worse.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

That's such a terrible story, I really feel for your loss. The impact an event like this has on the family and close friends must be life changing. Cancer is enough to cope with and the recovery without this knocking you for 6 again.

Very best wishes, bob.

shaun.lawson

So sorry to hear this, Bob. It's just awful. :(

You take very good care, and all the best man.

Very sorry for your loss Bob, I know every one of us here stands with you. I hope that's some comfort to you and your family. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hannibal Lecter

Sorry to hear of your sad loss Bob in such tragic circumstances. As has already been mentioned nobody should outlive their child, my thoughts go out to you and your family at such a sad time.

Archived