22 years today - ah well

Devries4

Therapist

I was at Dens that day. :sad:

Still one of the best seasons I've had supporting Heart of Midlothian FC. :)

Uberjambo

FFs I was in a good mood there. I can see me hitting the whisky and cuddling the bottle quite soon.:evilno:

Denny Crane

Look at it this way. After the pain of the yo-yo years and tinkering with bankruptcy, this was the season where no one would laugh at us anymore. OK, we didn't pull it off in the end but we had achieved the restoration of our self-respect over that campaign.

Miller Jambo 60
22 years the day.

Worked as a young laddie in a pub The Tattler in Commercial St Leith, never got to the game as I was working, but did get to the final the following week, even went to the EOSS final at Easter Road on the Wednesday in between.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19860503.html

107 you plank the gorgie rule

Miller Jambo 60
22 years the day.

Worked as a young laddie in a pub The Tattler in Commercial St Leith, never got to the game as I was working, but did get to the final the following week, even went to the EOSS final at Easter Road on the Wednesday in between.

107 plank you will never get that close.

CAUSE HIBS ARE SHAT

Uberjambo
It was my 14th and worst birthday. I'm 36 today. :(

Stay safe in 4 years. Happy Birthday btw:birthday:

Eckauskas
107 plank you will never get that close.

CAUSE HIBS ARE SHAT

Why would a Hibee be bothered about going to, what was heavily predicted, as a championship winning game?

Or why would they have a username like Devries4?

Dear lord.

Nookie Bear

It's a shame how that team never gets talked about due to what happened

Smith

Kidd

Whittaker :sad:

Jardine

Levein

Black

Mackay

Berry

Colquhoun

Clark

Robertson

Still reckon they are the best team (as in, a group of guys who worked together rather than individual players) I have seen at Tynie.

Now, I would LOVE to see that team re-united for Robbie's testimonial.

ginger jambo98
It's a shame how that team never gets talked about due to what happened

Smith

Kidd

Whittaker :sad:

Jardine

Levein

Black

Mackay

Berry

Colquhoun

Clark

Robertson

Still reckon they are the best team (as in, a group of guys who worked together rather than individual players) I have seen at Tynie.

Now, I would LOVE to see that team re-united for Robbie's testimonial.

Pretty sure that Craig missed the game due to a virus (20 years before vlad flu !) and big rod the prod played. Hobo **** e bags will hail "sir albert of kidd " day which shows how sad these poor non-achievers really are, they always chase anything we do.

PS to any smartmouthhobos about this day in history, try and get that close ya tampon lickin' softies !!!

Millerntor

Was at the game in dens as a 14 year old with my auld man (RIP) on the legendary pivot bus from Rutherfords bar in drummond st.

I remember going to every away game that season with the pivot starting with a humping at love street and craig levein scoring a spectacular own goal if i remember right.

Some proper characters on that bus, I had the great pleasure of bumping into Frannie who ran the bus a few times recently, what a gem of a guy. Ill never forget all those radge times up at aberdeen til 1am as a kid with all you heidcases taking no prisoners with the aberdeen casuals and looking after us young leith jambos, god bless ye's!

What next? how about this one. 1971 3rd May, Hearts beat Wolves 1-0 in the second leg of the Texaco Cup final but lose 3-2 on aggregrate.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19710503.html

Was there!!!!! I will aways remember one of their goals ........ goalie nowhere open goal!!!!!

Also at Dens, but also at good games as well!!!!!

PresidentRomanov
22 years the day.

You must've been a mad keen Hearts supporter, if you couldn't get the day off from working in a pub, to see your team win the championship :confused:

I was at the game.

Can't believe the abuse I got on the thread i started about it (never saw this one before I did).

You can't forget your history - good or bad.

The Boo - shame on you for jumping on the band wagon. Thought more of you.:sad:

jamborich

Watching the 86 FA Cup final at the moment on Liverpool TV, John Motson has just mentioned John Hewitt scoring a second goal for Aberdeen in what is turning out to be a heartbreaking season for Heart Of Midlothian.

Yeah thanks for the reminder.

Archived