Under 20's this week

SUTOL

Noticed on the HYDC site that there are two under 20's matches this week.

Tonight at Riccarton against St Mirren at 7.00pm and one on Thursday at Tynecastle V Dundee at 7.00pm.

I wont be able to make it to either, but thought it worth a mention.

:cool4:

Footballfirst

Might be an odd looking team tonight with so many of the youngsters having played on Saturday and Jack Hamilton, Billy and Adam King all in Serbia with Scotland U19s.

The defence will be the biggest question mark but my guess would be along the lines of:

Ridgers

Ford Prychynenko McGhee Keegan

D Smith McGowan Beith

Oliver G Smith Nicholson

They also have two games next week (Tue & Thu) away to Motherwell and Dundee Utd., so I can see a mix and match for the next few games, with no first team game at the weekend.

Footballfirst

More international call-ups for the youngsters

Heart of Midlothian ?@JamTarts 23m

Congratulations to Jordan McGhee & Adam King, both of whom have been called up to the Scotland U18s squad to play Israel on 22 & 24 April.

Also Aaron Scott in the U16 squad to play Switzerland in a double header next week

It'll be good for Ridgers to get a couple of matches.

Has he played much for the U20's since his injury?

Footballfirst

It'll be good for Ridgers to get a couple of matches.

Has he played much for the U20's since his injury?

He's played more often than Jack Hamilton this season, but hasn't been overly impressive bar a couple of games.

With the game tonight do you just show up at Tynie main stand? Never been to an U20s match and fancied it tonight.

With the game tonight do you just show up at Tynie main stand? Never been to an U20s match and fancied it tonight.

Yeah just show up to turnstiles at main stand. Bucket for donations on the way in

Chris Benoit

I should add, I will be there and update here and twitter accordingly

Can't be any worse than my efforts last week for the derby :facepalm:

Footballfirst

Team Hamilton McGhee Prychynenko Beith D Smith A King Nicholson B King Oliver Novikovas. 4-3-3

Chris Benoit

Team Hamilton McGhee Prychynenko Breith D Smith A King Nicholson B King Oliver Novikovas. 4-3-3

Too quick with the edit :lol:

Any idea the reasoning behind Novi playing?

Jambof3tornado

Too quick with the edit :lol:

I assume coz they are short of players and he could do with some match time.

Footballfirst

Probably to give him game time and some squad rotation with 4 games in 9 days

Guest Bilel Mohsni

49 mins

Cheers. Sounds like a fair few of our team have played first team football. Is that the same for Dundee?

I put what i thought was a harmless link to the latest score is that not allowed as I can't it see now ??

Can't be any worse than my efforts last week for the derby :facepalm:

You mean the kid from the Sixth Sense DIDN'T come on as a sub last week?!?!

I trusted you, man :sob:

Really want it to happen for Denis, next season. :(

So do I. Here's hoping eh. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So do I. Here's hoping eh. :thumbsup:

He's a bit of an enigma, mate. He seems to have all the ability, physique and desire... But something keeps him back.

Really want him to suss it all out and get things clicking in to place.

He's a bit of an enigma, mate. He seems to have all the ability, physique and desire... But something keeps him back.

Really want him to suss it all out and get things clicking in to place.

We've got to remember he is still young.

Even so I'd have liked him to have stamped his authority and been a regular already.

I reckon he'll come good.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We've got to remember he is still young.

Even so I'd have liked him to have stamped his authority and been a regular already.

I reckon he'll come good.

Hope so.

Footballfirst

Bit of a bummer tonight, Looked in easy street at 2-0 and 3-2, but contrived to drop points to a last minute goal through a lack of concentration in defence and poor play by Hamill allowing the cross.

Novikovas' goal was superb, beat a couple of men down the right touchline before cutting inside and unleashing a great shot from 25 yards into the top corner.

A few minutes later Billy King broke at pace from the edge of his own box, fed Sam Nicholson who got an early shot away that went in just inside the post.

Andy Barrowman got one back with a first time shot from eight yards following a cross from the right.

Graham Webster equalised with a good low shot from 25 yards that went in off the post.

Denis P put Hears back in front when he bundled the ball in at the back post from a Novikovas cross.

The last minute goal from Kevin Buchan was a sickener for everyone.

Adam King was excellent in midfield, but Billy King was superb on the left flank and went past his marker repeatedly, both inside and out. With a bit of luck he might have scored a couple himself. It said something about Billy's performance with a couple of runs in the second half that left the full back on his backside, cursing **** after the first and b*****d after the second.

Chris Benoit

FF do you think Adam is ready for the first team? I know some of the guys who saw him last week were raving about him, I thought he was good but maybe lacking the decision making/concentration required for the 1st team.

Also what's your opinion on the decision to drop Denis P back to defence? Is it for his benefit or is it down to lack of numbers at the back? Always felt he was hard done to with his opportunities in the first team and with him being put back into defence has seen Tapping overtake him and now he's further from the first team than ever.

Footballfirst

FF do you think Adam is ready for the first team? I know some of the guys who saw him last week were raving about him, I thought he was good but maybe lacking the decision making/concentration required for the 1st team.

Also what's your opinion on the decision to drop Denis P back to defence? Is it for his benefit or is it down to lack of numbers at the back? Always felt he was hard done to with his opportunities in the first team and with him being put back into defence has seen Tapping overtake him and now he's further from the first team than ever.

Adam is still only 17 so has a couple of years to develop before we make any real judgement about whether or not he will make it. However, assuming that we are not involved in any last minute decisive games about gaining league positions, I'd be happy to see him on the bench and get 10 or 20 minutes before the end of the season, partly as a recognition of his development in the last year.

It is looking more likely that if Denis is going to make it, then it will be at centre back rather than midfield. Again, I'd be tempted to give him a run out there before the end of the season, particularly if we are going to lose those who are out of contract at the end of the season (Webster, Zaliukas, Barr, McGowan) in addition to Wilson going back to Liverpool.

RenfrewHearts

Bit of a bummer tonight, Looked in easy street at 2-0 and 3-2, but contrived to drop points to a last minute goal through a lack of concentration in defence and poor play by Hamill allowing the cross.

Novikovas' goal was superb, beat a couple of men down the right touchline before cutting inside and unleashing a great shot from 25 yards into the top corner.

A few minutes later Billy King broke at pace from the edge of his own box, fed Sam Nicholson who got an early shot away that went in just inside the post.

Andy Barrowman got one back with a first time shot from eight yards following a cross from the right.

Graham Webster equalised with a good low shot from 25 yards that went in off the post.

Denis P put Hears back in front when he bundled the ball in at the back post from a Novikovas cross.

The last minute goal from Kevin Buchan was a sickener for everyone.

Adam King was excellent in midfield, but Billy King was superb on the left flank and went past his marker repeatedly, both inside and out. With a bit of luck he might have scored a couple himself. It said something about Billy's performance with a couple of runs in the second half that left the full back on his backside, cursing **** after the first and b*****d after the second.

How was Hamill overall ? Is he looking any fitter yet ? He was turned inside out far too easily for County's first on Saturday maybe time for him to get a run out in Midfield.

Can't say I'd be overly happy at Denis at centre half.

Not the quickest of players(. I know Webster ain't either but he can read the game which makes up for it) think he'd get found out in the prem league imo.

Has Denis ever been tried up front? He's got the physique and shot. Or is he just one of these guys who's not really good enough anywhere but a reasonable stand in?

Archived