Trouble outside stratties already

Private Womble

Private Womble

If i could facepalm on this phone i would. Who goes fighting at 9am i couldnae be arsed.

There's usually trouble earlier than that during the week.

My bus stop is just outside Stratties, and there's often scraps at 7am.

Why do they let pubs open at 6 in the morning anyway? Bonkers.

Is this not one for the Shed ?

Why do they let pubs open at 6 in the morning anyway? Bonkers.

Is this not one for the Shed ?

Not bonkers if you work night shift and fancy a pint after work.

The only thing bonkers is the twats that are fighting and that would be the case at any time. And calling them bonkers is being kind.

Simon. Once upon a time I lived in Stewart Terrace. There weren't many workers in there having a quick jar at seven in the morning. It was a haven for problem drinkers.

Simon. Once upon a time I lived in Stewart Terrace. There weren't many workers in there having a quick jar at seven in the morning. It was a haven for problem drinkers.

I don't doubt it, but there are shift workers out there who are entitled to a pint after work.

But you are right isolgnthe term problem drinkers. That is what it is. It is not problem hours.

I see posties there when I pass after there night shift.... Same as anyone going for a pint after work.,,

the general

I see posties there when I pass after there night shift.... Same as anyone going for a pint after work.,,

it was orig granted for the Ferranti shift workers

This, I worked in the distillery and at one time many of the guys who,worked there would go for a couple before work, then usually back up the road for more at dinner time, different times, it was a common conception that what ever you did outside the work gates was fine as long as you didn't touch the whiskey inside the casks.

It is not problem hours.

Correct. You'll get drunkards and vagabonds regardless of the time of opening.

And as someone who has worked a good chunk of my working life as a night worker, having somewhere open for a quick half or two is handy.

the general

Self-defense. Someone tried to make off with my "breakfast". :angry:

lol thought you would be on

it was all over FB and Twatter

spending the birthday card money no doubt

the general

This, I worked in the distillery and at one time many of the guys who,worked there would go for a couple before work, then usually back up the road for more at dinner time, different times, it was a common conception that what ever you did outside the work gates was fine as long as you didn't touch the whiskey inside the casks.

very true and certainly different times

when I worked in Telly House it was quite common to pop into Stratties before work

It might be mentioned that the absolute shit hole that is the Tynie Arms attracts some whoppers.

It might be mentioned that the absolute shit hole that is the Tynie Arms attracts some whoppers.

But it does have that Wayne Foster strip behind the bar :)

This reminds me of the Penny Black years ago. Full of scrapping posties and us underage drinkers. Great days.

But you are right isolgnthe term problem drinkers. That is what it is.

....and how much have you had? :ermm:

:P

I usually drink in Stratties before games and I've never seen trouble outsIde or inside before.

Rudolf's Mate

Last time I ended up in Statties at 7 in the morning it was a Monday and I'd been out since the Sat afternoon. I fell asleep and pished myself!

Not proud of it but if I hadn't moved away in 99 I reckon I'd either be dead or still doing it!

This reminds me of the Penny Black years ago. Full of scrapping posties and us underage drinkers. Great days.

I used to go there near enough every Saturday morning for a good number of years and I saw only 1 fight in that time. :lol:

Franklin Delano Bluth

Went there after work for a few drinks post-work once. Never again.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

delpieroismagic

I remember trying to get a beer early doors Sunday morning pre match and found the buffalo club near the penny black. Don't think it exists now, would never be able to find it again but entry was like going into someone''s flat. Maybe it was a dream.

I remember trying to get a beer early doors Sunday morning pre match and found the buffalo club near the penny black. Don't think it exists now, would never be able to find it again but entry was like going into someone''s flat. Maybe it was a dream.

No dream.Remember being in there early one Sunday morning around 87-88, not a bad wee club I seem to remember.

Stratties is an absolute hole. I've stayed 50 yards up the road for about 3 years and only ever been in once.

I get a great view of any trouble from my bedroom window, occurs pretty frequently.

I used to go there near enough every Saturday morning for a good number of years and I saw only 1 fight in that time. :lol:

Likewise. Pretty strange place to be when you're a bit out of it after a hard night's clubbing! Met some interesting characters in there alright!

Do The Dance

I too lived on Stewart Terrace, never saw bother outside Stratties (not saying it didn't happen). There were always posties in in the mornings. You can get trouble anywhere, to be fair.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Last time I ended up in Statties at 7 in the morning it was a Monday and I'd been out since the Sat afternoon. I fell asleep and pished myself!

Not proud of it but if I hadn't moved away in 99 I reckon I'd either be dead or still doing it!

You're found out - Get away back to hibs.net, Stanton!

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I think the Buffs is still open, not sure though as I haven't been for 3-4 years. I used to work next door at the SRO; a lot of civil servants used to pop in for a drink from the SRO and the Scottish Office. I'll maybe have a look this week to see if it's still there.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I have been in pre and post match, most games for around 18 years and had no issues.

Same here.

Clerry Jambo

Memories of Stratties.....must be all off 30 years ago, derby at Tynie.

Went in with a Hibby mate, just got a pint up and turned round to see my mate with a knife against his stomach with a "REQUEST" to exit or ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Memories of Stratties.....must be all off 30 years ago, derby at Tynie.

Went in with a Hibby mate, just got a pint up and turned round to see my mate with a knife against his stomach with a "REQUEST" to exit or ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!

a hibby mate? Yeuch!!!! what a mup for going in there in the first place.

Clerry Jambo

a hibby mate? Yeuch!!!! what a mup for going in there in the first place.

Lets say an acquaintance fae the Calders lug......

Lets say an acquaintance fae the Calders lug......

a hibby fae the Calders??? did such a thing exist? No beleevin ye...........

Clerry Jambo

a hibby fae the Calders??? did such a thing exist? No beleevin ye...........

Stayed in next building to us.........

Archived