U20's

PsychocAndy

PsychocAndy

Playing Ross Co today. Can anyone just turn up at Ricarton and watch?

Deans Jambo

2pm k.o

Might go along to this today as I'll soon be finished work for the week. Question for those regulars to Riccarton, which car park is best to park in?

2pm k.o

Might go along to this today as I'll soon be finished work for the week. Question for those regulars to Riccarton, which car park is best to park in?

Students are away so you should e able to park in any of them.

For the nearest one to the academy, turn left on the lane just after the mini roundabout on the main avenue. Follow the road round and you are in the walled garden car park. There's an opening in the opposite wall that takes you to the pitches.

Hopefully another successful run out for Hamill, maybe if he comes through it ok he could be in the squad for Aberdeen.

Jambof3tornado

2pm k.o

Thats a short working week that you have. Finished up by monday!! Quality.

Deans Jambo

Thats a short working week that you have. Finished up by monday!! Quality.

Sounds good if you say it like that :lol: but my working 'week' started on Thurs (4 on, 4 off).

Dave The Rave

2pm k.o

Car park C - Turn left just pass mini roundabout

Harry Palmer

Hearts 1-0

Carrick.

(Source: Banderson, so if it's wrong blame him.)

hmfc4life1991

Hamill managed 79 mins before being subbed. Well done lad.

An extra 4 minutes than Thursday, seems likely he will be in the squad for Aberdeen then

An extra 4 minutes than Thursday, seems likely he will be in the squad for Aberdeen then

It's just crucial coming back from an injury like his that he doesn't pick up strains.

hmfc4life1991

Full team for anyone interested

Hamilton, Hamill, McGhee, McKay, Prychynenko, Adam King, Billy King, Tapping, Carrick, Beith, Nicholson.

Subs: Millar, Scott, McMillan, Gordon, Keegan, Oliver.

Deans Jambo

Saw the 2nd half and Tapping was the best player on the park. Great penetrating run to win the penalty.

Players all play good football, pass it well, good first touch but as with the big team are disappointing in the final 3rd with some poor crosses and decision making.

Being as this was my first time is it normal for no one to applaud when we score? (Was only there to see the 2nd goal mind and it was a penalty but still)

Footballfirst

It was a comfortable win for the youngsters, and a good sign for next season is that we could almost field today's side in the U20 league next season as we only fielded two U20s (Brad and Tappy) and two overage players (Jamie and Denis). The rest were U19 (3), U18 (2 + all 3 subs) or U17 (2)

The Kings were excellent in the first half (with Scotland U19 coach Ricky Sbragia watching) and Tappy came onto a good game in the second, Jordan McGee was excellent but Brad McKay was outstanding at the back and must fancy his chances of a first team start before the end of the season.

Deans Jambo

It was a comfortable win for the youngsters, and a good sign for next season is that we could almost field today's side in the U20 league next season as we only fielded two U20s (Brad and Tappy) and two overage players (Jamie and Denis). The rest were U19 (3), U18 (2 + all 3 subs) or U17 (2)

The Kings were excellent in the first half (with Scotland U19 coach Ricky Sbragia watching) and Tappy came onto a good game in the second, Jordan McGee was excellent but Brad McKay was outstanding at the back and must fancy his chances of a first team start before the end of the season.

McKay looks very good indeed and will surely be a first team regular at centre half next season.

Both Kings look talents and was Jordan the left back? if so he done well and made great runs up the left. Who was the number 10 in the centre of midfield? He never seemed a bit lost in there.

Footballfirst

McKay looks very good indeed and will surely be a first team regular at centre half next season.

Both Kings look talents and was Jordan the left back? if so he done well and made great runs up the left. Who was the number 10 in the centre of midfield? He never seemed a bit lost in there.

Jordan was playing left back although he prefers centre back. Both he and Angus Beith (#10) were the U17s so have lots of time to develop.

Angus is still at school and could only play today because of the Easter Holidays.

Deans Jambo

Jordan was playing left back although he prefers centre back. Both he and Angus Beith (#10) were the U17s so have lots of time to develop.

Angus is still at school and could only play today because of the Easter Holidays.

Ah I did presume he was younger than the rest so good experience for him.

Who came on at left back? (when Hamill went off and Jordan went right back) Looked quite firey and put in one great cross.

When I heard that name in the crossbar challenge at Tynecastle on May 20, I thought it was a gag :lol:

That's some strange parenting.

Footballfirst

Ah I did presume he was younger than the rest so good experience for him.

Who came on at left back? (when Hamill went off and Jordan went right back) Looked quite firey and put in one great cross.

Marcus McMillan came on at left back. He does have a bit of attitude about him. He generally played as a combative midfielder with the U17s last season but has played at left back before. It looked like he may have been on the way out earlier in the season, but seems to have got himself back into the fold over the last couple of months.

Seymour M Hersh

When I heard that name in the crossbar challenge at Tynecastle on May 20, I thought it was a gag :lol:

That's some strange parenting.

Do explain?

WeeToonJambo

yup, its free and you just go to the pitches behind the academy.

It's only free if you can avoid the guys with the buckets. You do get a team sheet and a programme though.

McKay,McGhee were excellent with McKay very commanding in the air.Nicholson also showing some great touches along with both Kings.

Thought Hamill looked miles short of fitness.

PsychocAndy

Thawed out now. It was good to be there and I enjoyed it.

Jamie Hamill looked ok for a guy who has been out for so long, I think this week is too soon. I also thought he got booked after the pen, but obviously not.

I liked the look of the boy Oliver when he came on and I think every one of our players must have stud marks from County's No.9

Jack Hamilton isn't a timid wee soul is he. That lad never shut up the whole game.

A good display from everyone.

Jack Hamilton isn't a timid wee soul is he. That lad never shut up the whole game.

No need for commentators with Jack in goals!

He was louder and more vocal than the whole County squad.

:bek035:

I thought it was a good game, McKay was standout in defence and Tapping in the second half, especially his run for the penalty, was excellent.

Speedy (Carrick) looked lively up-front and Adam King was composed on the ball and always looking for it in midfield.

Jamie Hamill looked fit enough and put the penalty away, though the 'keeper got a hand to it. Don't know why he kicked the ball away after scoring though. His passing and interchanging with the other players was not so great, but that should come with more game time.

Well done all.

No need for commentators with Jack in goals!

He was louder and more vocal than the whole County squad.

That's good to hear as not always something you could say. Sure the influence of Alan Combe is the reason

That's good to hear as not always something you could say. Sure the influence of Alan Combe is the reason

It was the first U20's match I've made it to this season and I certainly don't remember hearing him as much last season, but even at the opposite end of the pitch you could hear him yesterday, letting his players know where the opposition player was, or who to drop into defence if a defender was up field etc.

Archived