James Taylor/Did anybody record it for jambovambo?

inspector

inspector

BBC 4 Just now. Fab just fab. Showing my age but the tunes are just so good

inspector

Now it's the Eagles, The Byrds ,CSNY. Woodstock here I come. Does anyone have a Tardis?:shade:

jambovambo

Just in - watching now ... so it's the Eagles ...

Was at James T at the Playhouse last month - superb - still one of the best acoustic guitarists around.

davemclaren

Was at the James Taylor concert at the Playhouse a month or so ago. I like him but it was the missus' idea to go. Very laid back ( James that is ) but I enjoyed it...

bighusref

Whilst appreciating his guitar playing ability, I have never been a fan of JT. He is a bit rubbish really.

davemclaren
Whilst appreciating his guitar playing ability, I have never been a fan of JT. He is a bit rubbish really.

You had to be there in the early 70s.... :cool_shades:

I like him a lot, although he can be just the wrong side of twee at times. Great songsmith.

jambovambo

Mrs JV got a call the other day from friends down south who can't get freeview where they live, asking if we would record some of it for them.

Well, by the time I got in last night, I was incapable of operating electrical machinery, so I didn't attempt it - plus our VHS video machines are rubbish.

Anyone record it in any shape or form, so's I could get a copy, and then not let our friends down?

Much appreciated.

JV

I like him a lot, although he can be just the wrong side of twee at times. Great songsmith.

Great stuff. Particularly liked the version he did of the Starsky and Hutch theme tune.:chase:

jambovambo
Mrs JV got a call the other day from friends down south who can't get freeview where they live, asking if we would record some of it for them.

Well, by the time I got in last night, I was incapable of operating electrical machinery, so I didn't attempt it - plus our VHS video machines are rubbish.

Anyone record it in any shape or form, so's I could get a copy, and then not let our friends down?

Much appreciated.

JV

Mods - I realise you merged my "appeal" here into the JT thread - quite rightly so, but it means no one will readily notice my "appeal" - any chance you could change the thread title to include "- anyone record it?" ?

bighusref
You had to be there in the early 70s.... :cool_shades:

Bit after your time isn't it? ;)

• Moderators
Mods - I realise you merged my "appeal" here into the JT thread - quite rightly so, but it means no one will readily notice my "appeal" - any chance you could change the thread title to include "- anyone record it?" ?

Done. 'Speshully for you. :)

jambovambo

Interesting to see an early incarnation of the Eagles playing "How Long" (track one on, and for me the stand-out track on their latest album) ... I didn't realise it is a very old song of theirs.

Shows what I know about the Eagles, huh ?

davemclaren

Is this being repeated for the old farts who were out drinking last night. :cool_shades:

Is this being repeated for the old farts who were out drinking last night. :cool_shades:

The documentary about the california music scene seems to be on every few months.

bighusref
:evilno:

Harsh.

I thought you were big into the Skiffle movement at it's inception. I was merely commenting on the timescale you musical innovator you.:)

jambovambo

This old fart was out drinking last night, came home and ... etc etc ... see post #8.

Wash your mouth out! I've seen JT several times; he's superb!

davemclaren
Heh - good thinking, Dave. That looks like the performance on the DVD included in the One Man Band CD/DVD, which I have, so I could copy it for our friends anyway ...

Thanks for that.

Seems to be the concert I was at in March at the Playhouse. Of course, it's not the actual Playhouse performance... :)

Archived