What Happened to the BIG announcement then?

broony1985

I thought there was going to be some announcement at the club regarding ownership at 3pm?

Yes, I thought the same. It seems that Kickback hasn't even picked up on this story. Seems like Supporters Direct have been helping a "Fans Group" with negotiations regarding taking ownership of the club. As I understand it there are a number of possible Fans Groups interested in taking over. Anyone have an idea who is at this advanced stage of negotiations?

Can anyone clarify if Supporters Direct is a Scotland only organisation or if it is UK wide? I think they may have been involved in Motherwell and Tranmere Rovers?

Yes, I thought the same. It seems that Kickback hasn't even picked up on this story. Seems like Supporters Direct have been helping a "Fans Group" with negotiations regarding taking ownership of the club. As I understand it there are a number of possible Fans Groups interested in taking over. Anyone have an idea who is at this advanced stage of negotiations?

Can anyone clarify if Supporters Direct is a Scotland only organisation or if it is UK wide? I think they may have been involved in Motherwell and Tranmere Rovers?

Supporters Direct started life just in the UK but has since branched out across Europe I think

I thought there was going to be some announcement at the club regarding ownership at 3pm?

Press conference at 3pm is a long standing Kickback joke that means that the story in question is extremely unlikely to be true.

It dates back to a claim that a press conference was going to be held at 3pm one day to announce the return of Paul Hartley to Hearts, just before he actually signed for Aberdeen.

GlasgoJambo

The announcement became so big, it went supernova and eventually collapsed in on itself. :(

I'm still outta work since quitting my job to be ready online for the last Big Announcement.

glastonbury jambo

vlads holding out for more money and pulling the carpet away at the last moment all the time

Darth Sidious

Can I be first to say, the announcement will be today at 3pm. My favourite was the big announcement we were using the Czech airline. Rumour mill was in overdrive on that one.

Can I be first to say, the announcement will be today at 3pm. My favourite was the big announcement we were using the Czech airline. Rumour mill was in overdrive on that one.

I remember that too, a lot of excitement, and then dissappointment.

It is like thinking you are on a promise with a lady. You build youself up, get the poof juice on, your best clothes, and even change your pants, then when you get to the meeting point, she phones you to say she can not make it because her cat has died.

bigsuperslim1874

On the BBC gossip column it makes reference to a 'blueprint' being with the supporters groups in terms of a proposed buy-out. May well be nonsense however do any ITK'ers know if this has actually happened?

If so, dont want to know the finer details incase that causes issues but a general opinion as to the feasibility would be appreciated.

hmfc_liam06

On the BBC gossip column it makes reference to a 'blueprint' being with the supporters groups in terms of a proposed buy-out. May well be nonsense however do any ITK'ers know if this has actually happened?

If so, dont want to know the finer details incase that causes issues but a general opinion as to the feasibility would be appreciated.

The BBC rumours page has never been right, not even once!

It's so bad it makes the football rumours website look good!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The BBC rumours page has never been right, not even once!

It's so bad it makes the football rumours website look good!

The BBC rumours page once said that Man U and Chelsea were fighting over Berra's signature and that Man U wanted Boyd. :huh:

As a Edinburgh Taxi driver you can imagine the bullshit I hear at times, however I picked a couple of business men up at the airport yesterday who where in town for a couple of meetings one being with Hearts. They never said to much regarding their interests but one did say there is things happening with investors & Heart of Midlothian. Am I right to think Vlad is still in town today?

As I said I do hear some total bullshit being spouted out in the back of the taxi but something about these guys makes me think something will be anounced very very soon.

But again it might just be more bullsit.

hmfc_liam06

The BBC rumours page once said that Man U and Chelsea were fighting over Berra's signature and that Man U wanted Boyd. :huh:

Case closed!

pennyjambo22

As a Edinburgh Taxi driver you can imagine the bullshit I hear at times, however I picked a couple of business men up at the airport yesterday who where in town for a couple of meetings one being with Hearts. They never said to much regarding their interests but one did say there is things happening with investors & Heart of Midlothian. Am I right to think Vlad is still in town today?

As I said I do hear some total bullshit being spouted out in the back of the taxi but something about these guys makes me think something will be anounced very very soon.

But again it might just be more bullsit.

Sergi & his sidekick left Edinburgh airport yesterday morning, Big Janny was also there but not with them, Vlad was nowhere to be seen! So there is a chance that he is still in Edinburgh.

Sergi & his sidekick left Edinburgh airport yesterday morning, Big Janny was also there but not with them, Vlad was nowhere to be seen! So there is a chance that he is still in Edinburgh.

Did Vlad not leave the final with 20 minutes to go & head straight to the airport? That's what I read somewhere.

The Real Maroonblood

Did Vlad not leave the final with 20 minutes to go & head straight to the airport? That's what I read somewhere.

If he left early it proves he is not a real fan.

The BBC football gossip page just repeats rumours from newspapers.

The Hearts takeover one is described as coming from "various" sources. The only one that I've found is in the Daily Record. It does have a quote from Alex Mackie: I've copied his quote below, but not the full story as doing so could get Kickback into trouble:

?We?re in constructive dialogue with Hearts. We?re working on our corporate governance arrangements regarding a fan-led takeover.

?We are seeking another meeting with SDS so we can all get round the table and act as one voice.?

Ewan Murray, one of the few decent football journos out there, just tweeted an uncharacteristically incoherent:

Ewan Murray @mrewanmurray

Supporters Direct/Hearts plan both a comical rip-off of Foundation of Hearts & flawed by Federation and Shareholders backing that one anyway

Ewan Murray, one of the few decent football journos out there, just tweeted an uncharacteristically incoherent:

Supporters Direct/Hearts plan both a comical rip-off of Foundation of Hearts & flawed by Federation and Shareholders backing that one anyway

Its fairly obvious that the rumoured Hearts fan ownership model will be a basic rip off of FOH.

It will also likely be unbackable

It will also likely be launched with emotional blackmail because it is so unbackable.

I'd say he's :spoton:

Paulie Walnut

The only way it's going to work is by selling future incomes to fund a purchase.

Scared yet???

You should be because this is what the grand plan looks like.

Listen to BBC rumours?

Even they don't listen to their own rumours or a lot of people wouldn't have got a fix it badge...

The only way it's going to work is by selling future incomes to fund a purchase.

Scared yet???

We could do it the way Whyte did it with Rangers by borrowing on the basis of the next three years season ticket sales and then go bust :11300:

Not a true fan then .... @@@@!

Scared yet???

Is that not how every single commercial business works..? :unsure:

Charlie-Brown

How can supporters direct plan be a rip off of the foundation? That is nonsense, supporters direct whole remit is to assist greater fan ownership and influence at all football clubs mot just hearts.

I think we see who have tied their colours to the foundation mast disparaging an alternative.

Charlie-Brown

The Federation and Shareholders presumably backing the foundation because the foundation throwing them the bone of specially appointed and reserved seats on the board.

The foundation plan reeks of cronyism in attempts to gain influence imo.

The Federation and Shareholders presumably backing the foundation because the foundation throwing them the bone of specially appointed and reserved seats on the board.

The foundation plan reeks of cronyism in attempts to gain influence imo.

What is Supporters Direct plan?

....and what exactly have you based that presumption on..? :unsure:

Anything other than your own ill informed guess..? :unsure:

What is Supporters Direct plan?

Nobody knows.

We all know, but are choosing to keep it under our hats and instead make vague comments hinting at knowledge whilst casting aspersions at our least favoured antagonist of the day.

A bizzare thing to say and most unlike Murray.

If it is the same ill thought idea or badly communicated idea, then it will be disappointing but we do not know yet. They do need to tell us their plans though, so we can judge them against FoH to see which we prefer and also so we can ask questions. If it is fan ownership/control, then that is what matters.

It will be hard to compare the two on a like for like basis though, given that one wants to own the club outright but pay for it on a drip feed basis, and the other already own the club outright anyway.

Have the FOH made any new statement in the last couple of weeks, find if bizarre when they're trying to drum up support they they go into hiding.

A bizzare thing to say and most unlike Murray.

If it is the same ill thought idea or badly communicated idea, then it will be disappointing but we do not know yet. They do need to tell us their plans though, so we can judge them against FoH to see which we prefer and also so we can ask questions. If it is fan ownership/control, then that is what matters.

It will be hard to compare the two on a like for like basis though, given that one wants to own the club outright but pay for it on a drip feed basis, and the other already own the club outright anyway.

As neither Supporters Direct, or the Foundation of Hearts, have the funds to purchase the shareholding, the details of their respective "plans" become completely meaningless. :huh:

Have the FOH made any new statement in the last couple of weeks, find if bizarre when they're trying to drum up support they they go into hiding.

To paraphrase a famous quote;

"Sometimes it's better to say nothing and have people think you've no idea, than to say something and confirm it."

Cruyff Turn

I was intrested in FoH takeover as they had a plan of sorts which was made available to supporters to read. That seemed a good idea given there were more details but Hearts share issue killed it dead as did their pittance bid which ruined any chance of them being a credible bidderS.

This 'Group' can't have anything on FoH, what's more, if they try to takeover without giving detailed plans to support as a whole they'll just look like self rightous, power grabbing arseholes and in that event i'd rather stick with the status quo.

There will be intrested parties out there, however i don't expect any concrete bids until we find out what happens to UBIG, as administration for us would probably be seen as beneficial to any of those intrested parties looking to snap the club up on the cheap.

If we come out on the otherside of this smelling of roses I hope we have owners who can bring the club foward as Vlad tried to do or someone who can bring stability to the club then pass us on.

Archived