job interview...

lyonjambo

lyonjambo

:confused: I have a job interview next week and I have been asked to prepare a presentation based on a small amount of info that will be a reporting and filing calender...! I don't really know what that is can anyone help me? does anyone have business knowledge?

Please do not point out that i should know this if I a going to get the job....it is for my first job out of uni and I did not do a business degree. I think the company want to see how quickly i can learn a completely new thing with little direction from them.

Ray Winstone
it's assistant company secretary :eek: it sounds really hard

Well I am certainly not doing buisness studies and wouldnt have the first clue where to start.

What did you study again?

lyonjambo
Well I am certainly not doing buisness studies and wouldnt have the first clue where to start.

What did you study again?

law... the two other parts of the interview are fine because they are about company law but this is def more like an annual report and i am not that sure about that

Stuart Lyon

If its about the annual report will it not relate to calenderising when contributions have to be made, drafts created and approved, distribution etc perhaps even including the AGM? Could one of your former lecturers not help?

lyonjambo
If its about the annual report will it not relate to calenderising when contributions have to be made, drafts created and approved, distribution etc perhaps even including the AGM? Could one of your former lecturers not help?

I am thinking i might go and try to find the business school on monday, i do law and have basically done a lot of public law subjects, not even sure which lecturer in the law faculty would do this.

I think what you are saying is right, about contributions, drafts etc thanks!

I only have till wednesday to do it which is fine but the problem lies with it being a weekend and a public holiday on monday and i have to get the bus down from abdn on tues so not go much time if i leave it till tues to see my lecturer( i only got the brief for the interview about an hour ago and am in edinburgh so had no chance to go today)!

:confused: I have a job interview next week and I have been asked to prepare a presentation based on a small amount of info that will be a reporting and filing calender...! I don't really know what that is can anyone help me? does anyone have business knowledge?

Please do not point out that i should know this if I a going to get the job....it is for my first job out of uni and I did not do a business degree. I think the company want to see how quickly i can learn a completely new thing with little direction from them.

Not trying to be smart here but you could fail immediately if you don't spell CALENDAR correctly.

lyonjambo
Not trying to be smart here but you could fail immediately if you don't spell CALENDAR correctly.

Yeah probably, normally my spelling is just fine and I am pretty sure that I will proof read my presentation a good few times so sorry for the spelling mistake in something I wrote quickly.

Therapist
:confused: I have a job interview next week and I have been asked to prepare a presentation based on a small amount of info that will be a reporting and filing calender...! I don't really know what that is can anyone help me?

If you don't know what the exact brief is why not call them to clarify things? If I were the interviewer I would look on it as a positive. Those of you who are familiar with the Crosby quality process will know that one never undertakes a task unless one fully understands the requirements.

Let me give you an example. I often bid for consultancy type work. Even if the brief is absolutely clear, I will always phone the prospect up and ask a few questions even if I know the answers already. It always gets a positive response that I've taken the time and effort to clarify things which, in turn, shows I'm keen on winning the business. ;)

Good luck.

lyonjambo
If you don't know what the exact brief is why not call them to clarify things? If I were the interviewer I would look on it as a positive. Those of you who are familiar with the Crosby quality process will know that one never undertake a task unless one fully understands the requirements.

Let me give you an example. I often bid for consultancy type work. Even if the brief is absolutely clear, I will always phone the prospect up and ask a few questions even if I know the answers already. It always gets a positive response that I've taken the time and effort to clarify things which, in turn, shows I'm keen on winning the business. ;)

Good luck.

Thanks I think I will, will have to do it on monday so will try to get the other parts of the interview sorted just now and leave presentation till then.

The Merse

Ahhh, the key sign of a smart arse, starting a sentence with "not trying to be smart".

Good luck in the interview Lynn! I haven't got any lined up yet, oh dear...

:)

Miller Jambo 60

Went for an interview about a month ago as a production Supervisor.

Was put through 3 hours of tests then an interview.

What a farce , you did not even get enough time to answer the questions.

As for your prob ,im lost maybe a calender for dating events in the workplace.

Rawrrrrrrr
Went for an interview about a month ago as a production Supervisor.

Was put through 3 hours of tests then an interview.

What a farce , you did not even get enough time to answer the questions.

As for your prob ,im lost maybe a calender for dating events in the workplace.

Ive never experienced an interviewer stopping candidates mid sentence, I can only assume your answers were irrelevent or poor tbh

As said do not go in not knowing what it means, if in doubt phone and ask, companies dont expect everyone to know everything and they will prefer you ask for clarification/assistance if your unsure as opposed to showing up and wasting everyone's time

portobellojambo1
If you don't know what the exact brief is why not call them to clarify things? If I were the interviewer I would look on it as a positive. Those of you who are familiar with the Crosby quality process will know that one never undertakes a task unless one fully understands the requirements.

Good luck.

Agree totally.

If you have received a brief and been asked to prepare a presentation on certain aspects, but are unsure of some of them then contact the sender. Explain your situation, indicate you have received the data, but would like clarification on one or two issues to ensure your presentation covers all relevant points. They will look on it as a positive, an indication that you are showing interest in the position.

lyonjambo
Ive never experienced an interviewer stopping candidates mid sentence, I can only assume your answers were irrelevent or poor tbh

As said do not go in not knowing what it means, if in doubt phone and ask, companies dont expect everyone to know everything and they will prefer you ask for clarification/assistance if your unsure as opposed to showing up and wasting everyone's time

I think maybe he/she meant the tests, i had a psychometric test the other month and they give u less than a minute to do 40 questions in language and then same in maths it is really hard to finish!

i interview well, this is my second at the company and the feedback was very positive but am gonna take portobellojambo and therapists advice and give them a call since i want to show I am keen!

Miller Jambo 60
I think maybe he/she meant the tests, i had a psychometric test the other month and they give u less than a minute to do 40 questions in language and then same in maths it is really hard to finish!

i interview well, this is my second at the company and the feedback was very positive but am gonna take portobellojambo and therapists advice and give them a call since i want to show I am keen!

Its a HE DOUG46 changed my name.

You will do fine as you are ready for it,good luck.

Dean Winchester

I love how he tries to be a smart arse in all of his posts. Always amuses me... Now am curious to know where in the message that you quoted he said the interviewer stopped him in mid-sentence? :rolleyes: Or did you just assume and not think he was talking about the tests as opposed to the interview? :rolleyes:

Miller Jambo 60
I love how he tries to be a smart arse in all of his posts. Always amuses me... Now am curious to know where in the message that you quoted he said the interviewer stopped him in mid-sentence? :rolleyes: Or did you just assume and not think he was talking about the tests as opposed to the interview? :rolleyes:

I think me have a cider confused mate:confused:

CostaJambo

Bottom left column of page one might contain some of the info you need...

http://www.iod.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/pdfs/companysecretary.pdf

It would appear there are some "as required" and some annual filing requirements so this is probably where the calendar comes in.

Don't worry about fancy graphics in your presentation - it's the content they are interested in. All the best.

davemclaren
Those of you who are familiar with the Crosby quality process will know that one never undertakes a task unless one fully understands the requirements.

Never known a business I've worked for ( and there have been a few ) go about things that way! :cool_shades:

Legend Claws

Hey cous,

Hows you?

Why not give your Uncle P a call and ask him if he can help out? If it is annual report based knowledge then there aren't many people out there than could help you more!

M

lyonjambo
Hey cous,

Hows you?

Why not give your Uncle P a call and ask him if he can help out? If it is annual report based knowledge then there aren't many people out there than could help you more!

M

Thanks Mike I have actually just finised writing him an email :) spoke to him on MSN last night.

I am good thanks, just getting stressed out by lots of work, going out for tea tonight with Alison.

How are you and Julie??

xxx

Archived