not a happy bunny

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli said Rangers did not deserve to reach the Uefa Cup final.:rolleyes:

"We have to accept it," he said after his side were knocked out on penalties. "It has been a beautiful night and it could have ended better for us.

"I have to thank my players, who kept on fighting until the last minute.

"A team that has renounced to play has won, football is like this. Football sometimes awards teams that don't deserve it.":107years:

The Italian club dominated the game and had a host of chances to win the tie in normal time.

But they were unable to break the deadlock and Rangers were 4-2 winners on spot-kicks, to leave Prandelli frustrated at the outcome.

It's been a cursed tie

Fiorentina midfielder Fabio Liverani

He added: "This great adventure is over and we have to accept the result even if we surely deserved more.

"We gave everything we had trying to score until the last minute of extra-time.

"I'm sure we deserved to reach the final. Rangers came here just to stop us playing our best football and got the result they wanted.

"I have nothing to say to my players. The game would have been more entertaining if we were facing a team ready to play a bit more.":107years:

The club's president, Andrea Della Valle, was just as critical of Walter Smith's side, saying: "Rangers played the whole match with the objective of going to penalties, and they succeeded.":rolleyes:

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Give your reaction to the result in Florence

Midfielder Fabio Liverani, who missed in the shoot-out, believes Fiorentina were destined to miss out on the final.

"It's been a cursed tie," said Liverani. "Throughout the match I believed that sooner or later the goal would come, but we didn't succeed.

"I'm personally disappointed to have missed the penalty. The crowd have been great though, I must thank them."

Rangers will face Zenit St Petersburg, who are coached by former Light Blues boss Dick Advocaat, in the final at the City of Manchester Stadium on 14 May.

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli said Rangers did not deserve to reach the Uefa Cup final.:rolleyes:

"We have to accept it," he said after his side were knocked out on penalties. "It has been a beautiful night and it could have ended better for us.

"A team that has renounced to play has won, football is like this. Football sometimes awards teams that don't deserve it.":107years:

The Italian club dominated the game and had a host of chances to win the tie in normal time.

But they were unable to break the deadlock and Rangers were 4-2 winners on spot-kicks, to leave Prandelli frustrated at the outcome.

It's been a cursed tie

He added: "This great adventure is over and we have to accept the result even if we surely deserved more.

"I'm sure we deserved to reach the final. Rangers came here just to stop us playing our best football and got the result they wanted.

"I have nothing to say to my players. The game would have been more entertaining if we were facing a team ready to play a bit more.":107years:

The club's president, Andrea Della Valle, was just as critical of Walter Smith's side, saying: "Rangers played the whole match with the objective of going to penalties, and they succeeded.":rolleyes:

Midfielder Fabio Liverani, who missed in the shoot-out, believes Fiorentina were destined to miss out on the final.

"It's been a cursed tie," said Liverani. "Throughout the match I believed that sooner or later the goal would come, but we didn't succeed.

"I'm personally disappointed to have missed the penalty. The crowd have been great though, I must thank them."

Rangers will face Zenit St Petersburg, who are coached by former Light Blues boss Dick Advocaat, in the final at the City of Manchester Stadium on 14 May.

No sh it signori!

JamboRossi79

and he is 100% correct in what he says too.

The only loser last night was football.

Lets hope Zenit restore my faith in football (outwith the mighty JT's of course)

MackaysCentreSpot

Wonder if Fernando Ricksen will crunch a few old team mates............:whistling:

Cliffundo

can't believe Italians crying about a defensive display!! The master of the 1-0 get a goal and defend for the duration of the game.

sour grapes imo ... they lost because the failed to score in over 210 minutes of football and then failed to convert their penalties.

Rangers are crap to watch, but I would rather it was a spl side in the Uefa cup final than Serie 'A' team

and he is 100% correct in what he says too.

The only loser last night was football.

Lets hope Zenit restore my faith in football (outwith the mighty JT's of course)

If it's up to our lot to restore anyone's faith in football then they could be waiting a very long time.

davieholt

Throughout this campaign Rangers have been embarrassing. Their style of play and general ineptitude has left me bored to tears. The Italians were all over them like a rash but just couldn't finish. I fell asleep in the second half of last night's match. So that's another two hours I won't get back . . .

I know it is good for our coefficient and, yes, glad to see an SPL side in the final but for pity's sake Rangers give us a reason to watch !

Cliffundo
Throughout this campaign Rangers have been embarrassing. Their style of play and general ineptitude has left me bored to tears. The Italians were all over them like a rash but just couldn't finish. I fell asleep in the second half of last night's match. So that's another two hours I won't get back . . .

I know it is good for our coefficient and, yes, glad to see an SPL side in the final but for pity's sake Rangers give us a reason to watch !

Thought they had a decent agame away to Sporting Lisbon. Passed the ball well and created a good few chances.

I went to my bed at half time and saw the result this morning. A bit surprised but happy enough they qualified. By the way, would we be complaining if we had a decent manager sorting things out the same way, so we had something to cheer about?

Or would you rather we went out in a blaze of glory losing 4-3 in the first round?

It's been a cursed tie

While I agree with his assessment. Doesn't sound too much like 'accepting' it to me.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That's a bit rich coming from Italians. They've stifled more creative teams for decades.

Well done Rangers for giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Who knows whether or not it's good for Scottish football, but it's good for the perception of Scottish football abroad.

(PS - I wish people were as bitter, reactionary and inflexible in their hatred of Vlad as they are of Rangers winning last night - :cool:)

Cliffundo
That's a bit rich coming from Italians. They've stifled more creative teams for decades.

Well done Rangers for giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Who knows whether or not it's good for Scottish football, but it's good for the perception of Scottish football abroad.

(PS - I wish people were as bitter, reactionary and inflexible in their hatred of Vlad as they are of Rangers winning last night - :cool:)

Spot on! lets get our own house in order before having the two faced view that Rangers are destroying football with their defensive game. Vlads destroying our existence and all you can do is mope about Rangers reaching the Uefa cup final!

check up from the neck up for some folk on here!

Spot on! lets get our own house in order before having the two faced view that Rangers are destroying football with their defensive game. Vlads destroying our existence and all you can do is mope about Rangers reaching the Uefa cup final!

check up from the neck up for some folk on here!

No he's not ,he's our saviour.

davieholt
I went to my bed at half time and saw the result this morning. A bit surprised but happy enough they qualified. By the way, would we be complaining if we had a decent manager sorting things out the same way, so we had something to cheer about?

Or would you rather we went out in a blaze of glory losing 4-3 in the first round?

Of course not. As a supporter of HMFC my primary concern is that they win - pretty or ugly. With you 100% on getting a manager to put us in a similar position.

But I do NOT support Rangers and while Hearts aren't involved I watch Euro games for entertainment value. By and large the Rangers games have been pretty punk - although they are not alone in that !

Just think, if Fiorentina had managed to take just one of the 20 or so shots/chances they had last night, then they'd have been in the final instead of the huns.

Dean Winchester

While I'm pretty gutted Rangers made it to the final I hate this whole "they didn't let us play our game" malarky or "If they had played a bit football more then it would have been a more entertaining game". I'm sorry but when a team like Hamilton goes to Barcelona their not going to have 3 players up front, you play to your strengths and try to get the best result you can, whether thats attacking for 90 mins or defending for 90 mins or both. Its up to the better team to adapt against whatever style of play they come up against, Fiorentina, Werder Bremen etc. did not do that and Rangers held them off. Sure it wasn't an entertaining game but if it was Hearts that had pulled off what Rangers did would any of us actually give a flying **** how we got the win?

It's been a cursed tie

He's got nothing to complain about if he brings on Christian Vieri and thinks he can win a match for them.

I've seen guys in a Sunday Pub team fitter than that.

Time to chuck it Christian. :thumb:

Dean Winchester
He's got nothing to complain about if he brings on Christian Vieri and thinks he can win a match for them.

I've seen guys in a Sunday Pub team fitter than that.

Did you say Vieri or Nade...? :rolleyes:

JamboRossi79
While I'm pretty gutted Rangers made it to the final I hate this whole "they didn't let us play our game" malarky or "If they had played a bit football more then it would have been a more entertaining game". I'm sorry but when a team like Hamilton goes to Barcelona their not going to have 3 players up front, you play to your strengths and try to get the best result you can, whether thats attacking for 90 mins or defending for 90 mins or both. Its up to the better team to adapt against whatever style of play they come up against, Fiorentina, Werder Bremen etc. did not do that and Rangers held them off. Sure it wasn't an entertaining game but if it was Hearts that had pulled off what Rangers did would any of us actually give a flying **** how we got the win?

No of course not but yiou are missing one vital bit of information there. We (well some of us) are Hearts supporters.

colinmaroon

Not on your Nelly!!! Sorry, not on your livi!!! (Sorry NellyT). :cool:

Archived