MacMillan's Longest Day of Golf

Scott M

Hi all,

On the 26th of June, myself and 3 colleagues from Dundee University are taking part in a fundraising event for MacMillan Nurses. The event is called "The Longest Day of Golf" and entails us playing 72 holes of golf in one day! We are further complicating this challenge by completing our task across 4 different courses in the Dundee/surrounding area.

Longest Day of Golf

We start at Scotscraig (an Open qualifying course) at 6am and finish at Downfield (another Open qualifying course) around 10pm, whilst visiting Camperdown and Ballumbie in between the 2.

I'm aware many of you will be familiar with the MacMillan charity through either personal involvement, support or by sheer reputation alone. I wanted to stand up and do something for them after losing 2 grandparents to cancer in recent years - they were fantastic in their care and support, both during the ordeal and after they passed. I'm sure many of you will also have been affected by cancer in some form or other and will appreciate the work MacMillan continue to do.

Between the 4 of us, we are aiming to raise at least ?1000 to go towards the MacMillan nurses. The four golf courses which are accomodating us have happily agreed to waive their green fees and provide us with changing facilities and a meal at no cost, thus maximising the significance of monies raised. A great gesture.

I've included a link at the bottom of the page to my fundraising site, which i've just finished constructing should anyone wish to make a donation. I don't care how little or big, absolutely anything is appreciated.

Donations Welcome :)

Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread and thanks in advance for any donations made. It's truly appreciated.

Scott

Good luck Scott, Scotscraig is about 100 yards from my house, if I'm up at 6am I might say hello!

There are guys from my old club at Pitlochry doing this too, they are trying to play 99 holes in one day...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Good luck with that, sounds like torture to me though!!

Good luck Scott, Scotscraig is about 100 yards from my house, if I'm up at 6am I might say hello!

There are guys from my old club at Pitlochry doing this too, they are trying to play 99 holes in one day...

There's no smiley I could use to mimick my expression whilst reading that - this will have to do! :eek:

Archived