Vikings - New drama series on History Channel

vegas-voss

Dont know if this is on in the UK but i downloaded the first 2 episodes and its been brilliant so far.Gabriel Byrne is the star name in it but not the main character.Anybody else watched it or if not you should def give it a watch.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

One thing about it, its certainly not slow paced.Kind of gutted i now have to wait on the next one as i could have sat through a few more episodes of it.

They're filming a second series in the summer - had one of the actors from it in a casting earlier in the year.

They're filming a second series in the summer - had one of the actors from it in a casting earlier in the year.

Good to hear as thats always my worry when starting to watch a new US show that it just ends up getting the chop.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched 4 episodes.After a good start I'm finding it a bit samey.They go out on a boat to England,fight and plunder.This upsets G Byrne,who kills a couple of people every episode.Needs a different plot quickly for me to follow the first series.

Slow motion swords going into the body does my box in as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up to episode 7 it gets a lot better, this is a great show that fills the hole for historical bloodshed Spartacus left after it finished.

So is this on UK tv yet?

no and acorrding to their site there is no plans as such to show it here. I'm only going by the site don't have sky so i could be wrong.

Only 9 episodes in season 1. Finishes up on Sunday. Kinda disappointing that it is such a short series.

jack D and coke

I go through phases of liking this and then thinking its pish. Some of the acting is borderline rank but I'm intrigued by the story of Ragnar Lothbrok now I know it's actually based on true events.

Some episodes are quality like the one where Gabriel Byrne tries to murder him and his family but others are a bit cringey. It's got potential but getting Scandinavian actors for some roles was a mistake?

Rudolf's Mate

Dont know if this is on in the UK but i downloaded the first 2 episodes and its been brilliant so far.Gabriel Byrne is the star name in it but not the main character.Anybody else watched it or if not you should def give it a watch.

:thumbsup:

Just giving the first ep an airing now.

:thumbsup:

Just giving the first ep an airing now.

Its worth watching you have to keep watching even though Ragnor is so much like Jaxx from SOA IMO

Last episode was good. This season has been more of a slow build up letting you into Viking life and beliefs. Next season should be where it really kicks in. Interesting to see that the actor who plays Rollo is in a Viking film due out soon playing another Viking.

jack D and coke

Just watched episode 9 and I've enjoyed the series in the main. Couple of ropey episodes in the middle but its kept me watching and I'm looking forward to seeing the next series now. With some more gory fighting scenes this could be superb.

• 1 month later...
Say What Again

Just started watching this after a guy at work recommended it. Only 2 episodes to go, I'm really enjoying it.

For anyone with Lovefilm, the entire first series is free to view there. :thumb:

Archived