Jim Jeffries.

The jj era

Would you take him back now? Not trying to start any rumours about a return but should Dunfermline die, and JJ was a free manager, Would you have him for the rest of the season?

Would you take him back now? Not trying to start any rumours about a return but should Dunfermline die, and JJ was a free manager, Would you have him for the rest of the season?

Who's gonnie be the first to reply with the correct spelling of JJ in true JKB fashion... :10900:

No doubt, would take him back especially over Houston. But there are other candidates I would rather see us go for instead of Jeffries.

Would rather stick with Locke till the end of the season than have Jefferies back.

Guest Dipped Flake

Nice thread - now we are vultures hovering over the dying carcass of another club.

Was gutted when he left and he is a genuine legend and Hearts fan, but any prospective manager should be asked the following question before giving them the job:

"Given the chance, would you sign Tony Capaldi or Rudolf Skacel?"

If the answer is Capaldi then it's a big no from me.

Sorry JJ.

Daniel Bryan

Yes.but this time with an assistant groomed to take over the reigns in a season or two

Franklin Delano Bluth

jim_jefferies_alcoholocaust.jpg

Nah. Good comedian, not sure about his football management skills though.

jim_jefferies_alcoholocaust.jpg

Nah. Good comedian, not sure about his football management skills though.

Also spelled Jefferies.

Also spelled Jefferies.

I have never seen him, but seen the posters at festival time and I am sure he use to spell it differently.

Anyway, wih regards to the OP. the answer is, as much as he is a legend, no thanks.

Mr Jim has had his day I'm afraid, steadied the ship when he came in, took us on a great run then took us on a very poor run (not entirely his fault) and deserved his sacking. Thank you for that weekend in May 1998 and pretty much all of that season but we need to move forward and that wont happen if we keep returning to mangers of yester-year!!!!!

I have never seen him, but seen the posters at festival time and I am sure he use to spell it differently.

Anyway, wih regards to the OP. the answer is, as much as he is a legend, no thanks.

Took this just before his 2012 festival show.

post-13595-0-62851400-1363108540_thumb.jpg

Took this just before his 2012 festival show.

I am probably wrong then, but I was sure up until 2012 he did not spell it that way. Maybe I am talking pish.

No. Don't think JJ should be the next manager of our club.

The world of football has changed so much since JJ earned his legend status. Will always be a hero, but that chapter is over and we shouldn't try and reopen the book.

We need to look to the future, not the past. Have no problem is giving Locke a run of games, so far he has done pretty good.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Not sure it would be a good move tbh, he was reluctant to use the young players when he was last here although he'd not really have a choice this time round.

Dunfermline's results have dipped dramatically since their financial problems, why is that? Players putting in half the effort for half the wages? Jefferies struggling to keep the players motivated?

With that in mind, I'm not sure he'd be the guy best suited to the job, bearing in mind our financial position.

Seymour M Hersh

No, No and thrice no!!

In a fight?

Yeah, I reckon I could.

I'd pay good money to watch that fight.

I am not going daft. I don't think.

He does spell it Jeffries. The Americans are the ones who spell it Jefferies.

I am not going daft. I don't think.

Spelling aside he'd be a shan manager.

Hearts daft though.

post-13595-0-05429200-1363115059_thumb.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

He does spell it Jeffries. The Americans are the ones who spell it Jefferies.

Any public record of Jefferies is spelt exactly that way.

Trust this clarifies etc

Back to the question - in comparison with Houston, yes.

Quite a few people have said to me that JJ's time has been and gone and that we should move on.

I'd take JJ back in a heartbeat any time.

Man loves the Hearts and even when things aren't going the way we hope you always know he's hurting as much as us and trying his best.

Archived