Gyms in Edinburgh (Central/West)

kamikaze jambo

kamikaze jambo

Currently go to Virgin at Fountainpark but since christmas it was become very busy at the times i can go (5-7pm) and im sick of hanging around waiting 2-2.5 hours to do a 1 hour weights session.

Looking for a new gym, mostly free weights. Any ideas?

Cheers

Try Marcos gym in Grove Street. Upstairs there is a weights room for the heavier weights, but if you go to the main floor,theres the usual cardio machines, and a few assisted weights aswell. Pretty good for the price aswell compared to fountainpark.

I go to Green's at the Corn Exchange, it's pretty good. Not really fantastic for free weights, though, so might not be what you're looking for. Could be worth a look, though.

Best gym in edinburgh is the David Lloyd just behind the Jaguar garage glasgow road mate

Guest S.U.S.S.

Bannatynes it top quality, allows you to use any of their gyms and have just invested in new machines. Cant speak more highly.

Pete Seeger
Try Marcos gym in Grove Street. Upstairs there is a weights room for the heavier weights, but if you go to the main floor,theres the usual cardio machines, and a few assisted weights aswell. Pretty good for the price aswell compared to fountainpark.

I used Marcos in the past when i was in Edinburgh but it's closed down. Shame because it's free wieghts area was really good. I use the institute of sport gym at Stirling uni now. It's top drawer for weights and lifting.

Like S.U.S.S said I would recommend Bannatynes. Although I only go to the one near the Fort it is really good. Everyone is friendly and it has brand new machines and loose weights.

Rawrrrrrrr

Edinburgh Leisure

?41 a month, no joining fee, all their gyms, pools, classes and saunas included, discounts on football etc

Gyms vary in quality but the ones at ratho, victoria swim centre, the commy and drumbrae are very good

It mixes a decent quality with good prices

None of the contract stuff either

Carl Weathers
Like S.U.S.S said I would recommend Bannatynes. Although I only go to the one near the Fort it is really good. Everyone is friendly and it has brand new machines and loose weights.

How much is a membership and any join up fees?

Thanks

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Edinburgh Leisure

?41 a month, no joining fee, all their gyms, pools, classes and saunas included, discounts on football etc

Gyms vary in quality but the ones at ratho, victoria swim centre, the commy and drumbrae are very good

It mixes a decent quality with good prices

None of the contract stuff either

I'm in the Victoria Swim Centre one and the new gym is excellent.

Really don't know what else you could need and ?41 is great value.

Ray Winstone

Its a pity there is no JJB gym in Edinburgh.

I just joined the one in Aberdeen on a student membership and it is excellent.

State of the art equipment etc - with TV monitors and radios built in to most of the bikes, Pool, Steam room etc.

19.95 (off peak) per month - 6 month rolling contract - no joining fee.

Unfortunately the nearest one to Edinburgh is in ****dee!

Anyone know if there are plans to open one in Edinburgh?

Fenerjambo

I go to the Carlton Hotel (bodysense) 3-4 times a week. Got a deal for ?30 a month (no joining fee) including a towel on entry,classes,steam/sauna room,spa,2xgyms with most type of equipment ( punch bag included,really gets the anger out after a frustrating day!!)and squash courts.

Been there for 2 years now and only complaints is that you do find that some people from other parts of the world have hygiene worse than a manky dog!!:mad:

Archived