The night football died?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Kirk Broadfoot will take part in a major European final. It really does make you wonder why you bother.

bertracoon

I was thinking that earlier, him and Nacho ****ing Novo will both probably play.

My mate has tickets, already been offered 750 quid each

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I know its petty but i really fancy winning the competition on Scotsport when you win a chauffer driven car down to the final with tickets and prize money thrown in. Would love to win it, get driven to Manchester, rip the tickets up in front of the cretinous *******s who will converge on Manchester then use the prize money to get pished.

There is something wrong with this sport that one team can do little to try and win a tie in two games and still go through. Penalties, as entertaining as they are, are very unfair.

jamboinglasgow
There is something wrong with this sport that one team can do little to try and win a tie in two games and still go through. Penalties, as entertaining as they are, are very unfair.

sadly this is football, however I think some great tactical genius should come up with a way that can destory this boring football.

I described Broadfoot while watching the game with my rangers-mad flatmate that he learnt from the Robbie Neilson school of footy, punt it up the park when you get the ball and an inabilty to pass. My flatmate feels that Rangers should not play him, as his only posistion in CB. Whititker on the right would be better with a proper left winger.

sadly this is football, however I think some great tactical genius should come up with a way that can destory this boring football.

I described Broadfoot while watching the game with my rangers-mad flatmate that he learnt from the Robbie Neilson school of footy, punt it up the park when you get the ball and an inabilty to pass. My flatmate feels that Rangers should not play him, as his only posistion in CB. Whititker on the right would be better with a proper left winger.

I compared those 2 as well. Both p*sh. Can't believe broadfoot will play in a major european final. he is rank.

That wouldn't fit Rangers though as Whittaker, while a very good footballing full back, is not a strong defender. Rangers have proved time and time again this season they are more interested in defending than anything else.

Anti football :mad:

I actually think its been a great night for Scottish football,but so what its only me.

Well done the Rankgers!

letsmakesomenoise

I agree, should go to sudden death with a player from each side removed every now and again. Rankgers would never have won that in a month of Sundays, especially when it was down to 2 versus 1!!

I actually think its been a great night for Scottish football,but so what its only me.

Well done the Rankgers!

Got to agree with you , at least it makes Scottish football seem a bit better in the minds of some folk, plus the fans might get the award for being the best fans in the tournament, taking over the crown of their mhank neighbours. ;) ;)

Jambof3tornado

This rangers team could easily be the worst team for a long time,yet the most successful,makes you think of what effect a decent manager can have!!!

Mon the Zenit,get raping these hun soap dodgers!!!!!!(the higher you go the bigger the fall);)

Forever Maroon
Kirk Broadfoot will take part in a major European final. It really does make you wonder why you bother.

good night for scottish football if only just.... but your right about Broadfoot he canny ever throw the ball onto the park correctly:evilno:

boabyarsebiscuit
good night for scottish football if only just.... but your right about Broadfoot he canny ever throw the ball onto the park correctly:evilno:

Which is the one thing Robbie Neilson can do!!!

jack D and coke

Well done the Rankgers!

Totally agree with you. Granted it aint pretty but like we'd all be complaining if we got there. That d*ck that owns us promised us things like this he's the real enemy of football. A d*ck who wants to pick a team and subs from 2000 miles away and have our team morale and work ethic completley destroyed through his own pig headedness, an ethic that has got the huns to the final. Well done Rangers.

Just spat cornflakes all over my desk...here's my quote of the week :cheer1: :cheer1:

bigwull22

Just shows you what a proper manager can do eh Vlad, go through the rangers team of this season man for man against our 2005-06 team, I would hardly say they are any better.

Cliffundo

Rangers are a shocking team! dire to watch...they have less individual talent than any Rangers team I can remember! They play a third of their team out of position not once but several times throughout the compitition.

Just goes to show that there is no substituion for a proper manager!

Never conceded a Goal at Ibrox, conceded very few away from home and have made it into the Uefa cup final.

It sure as hell aint been pretty, but they have been very well organised and very well schooled in how to play the system!

You have to say well done ...but they have the worst squad of players I have ever seen a Rangers team with.

I wish we had a manager the calibre of Smith!

Ben Dover

Would there be the same outrage if Robbie was to be involved at that level ?

Aye anyway. Rangers have been dire but apart from playing one up front ( quite popular these days ..........home or away :rolleyes: ) I don't think they can really be accused of going out to stifle games by their tactics. The infamous Red Star Belgrade performance of some years ago, now that was a different beastie entirely :sad:

Sadly they simply don't have the players to ask questions at 'that' level which once again ought to train the microscope down on the quality of the game up here, where they will probably end up champions none the less ?

They have also been really fortunate in a number of games where opposing teams have battered the Hun for most of the 90 mins yet created very few if any clear cut chances.

vegas-voss

Well done the Rankgers!

It is great for Scottish football and if your a Rangers fan absolutely brilliant but they killed that game.The Italians were not even that good if Rangers opened up just a little they could have won that game without penalties but instead they tried for nothing but to get to penalties.If Rangers had lost that game on pens there is no way anyone could have felt sorry for them.But like every other jambo out there i would love it if we could do the same no matter how the football was.

The huns have been dire, but remember just how bad they were under the Frenchman? Smith has been rebuilding the squad and isn't finished yet. My hun mates were hoping to challenge the tims for the title this year with anything more than that being a bonus. They'll be insufferable now! Anyway, Fiorentina were awful in front of goal, so their fate was more than in their own hands.

Besides, I never heard us complaining when Scotland were doing well under Smith and playing the same way against the bigger teams.

Cliffundo
The huns have been dire, but remember just how bad they were under the Frenchman? Smith has been rebuilding the squad and isn't finished yet. My hun mates were hoping to challenge the tims for the title this year with anything more than that being a bonus. They'll be insufferable now! Anyway, Fiorentina were awful in front of goal, so their fate was more than in their own hands.

Besides, I never heard us complaining when Scotland were doing well under Smith and playing the same way against the bigger teams.

I aint complaining m8. I think it is great for the game in scotland, I was just pointing out earlier that they have the worst sqaud of players I have seen for years. well, since the eighties! I think the credit goes to Smith and Mcoist because they have schooled them well on how to play the system.

colinmaroon

The main problem was that Fiorentina could have created great openings down the flanks (which they did repeatedly) all night and still not have put in a really decent ball!!!

If they could have put decent balls ito the box, it would have been a cake walk!!!

Walter Bishop

Rangers had a gam plan and stuck to it, they defended for their lifes and their players played for the jersey, I take my hat off to them.

John Findlay

Rangers were just being like Inter Milan and the majority of Italian teams of the mid 60s to early 70s. Not pretty but effective football, sadly.

John

Got to agree with you , at least it makes Scottish football seem a bit better in the minds of some folk, plus the fans might get the award for being the best fans in the tournament, taking over the crown of their mhank neighbours. ;) ;)

To be honest I don't know that it really does, or certainly not for those who actually watched that game anyway.

Rangers did not try to play football, not that they could have managed particularly well if they had tried. I think I remember them having 3 or 4 shots on goal and that was it. Instead they sat and defended for 120minutes and then snuck it on penalties. For me it was more a case of Fiorentina throwing it away than Rangers winning, they should have easily put away a couple of their chances.

I was sitting watching the game with a few english guys and they all commented on the massive gap between this and the Champion's League and several of them commented that Ranger's wouldn't be doing all that well in the Championship playing like that. Some of these guys support Rangers, but even they can see they're not a good team.

They tried to make the game boring and I'm not honestly sure how that reflects well on Scottish football as a whole, or why it would make people want to watch it.

Broadfoot has done a good job for Rangers this season.

Out of position (he is a decent SPL centre back) and a huge effort each time I've seen him play.

As others have said, getting the best out of honest hardworking players is a job for a good manager.

John Findlay
To be honest I don't know that it really does, or certainly not for those who actually watched that game anyway.

Rangers did not try to play football, not that they could have managed particularly well if they had tried. I think I remember them having 3 or 4 shots on goal and that was it. Instead they sat and defended for 120minutes and then snuck it on penalties. For me it was more a case of Fiorentina throwing it away than Rangers winning, they should have easily put away a couple of their chances.

I was sitting watching the game with a few english guys and they all commented on the massive gap between this and the Champion's League and several of them commented that Ranger's wouldn't be doing all that well in the Championship playing like that. Some of these guys support Rangers, but even they can see they're not a good team.

They tried to make the game boring and I'm not honestly sure how that reflects well on Scottish football as a whole, or why it would make people want to watch it.

People are forgetting that the only reason Rangers are in the Uefa Cup is because of THEIR FAILURE in this season's Champions, runners up, runners up and runners up league.

They finished third in their group and were parachuted into the Uefa Cup. A ridiculous ruling by Uefa but done because they didnt want a breakaway European league.

What this does do is gather more clout to a certain degree for Sky Television to continue with it's stealth campaign to get both Celtic and Rangers in the EPL.

John

Some of you need to listen to yourselves lol.

If we got to the same stage playing the same type of football we would be delighted.

Stop being petty and jealousand give them some credit.

Would there be the same outrage if Robbie was to be involved at that level ?

Aye anyway. Rangers have been dire but apart from playing one up front ( quite popular these days ..........home or away :rolleyes: ) I don't think they can really be accused of going out to stifle games by their tactics. The infamous Red Star Belgrade performance of some years ago, now that was a different beastie entirely :sad:

Sadly they simply don't have the players to ask questions at 'that' level which once again ought to train the microscope down on the quality of the game up here, where they will probably end up champions none the less ?

They have also been really fortunate in a number of games where opposing teams have battered the Hun for most of the 90 mins yet created very few if any clear cut chances.

You cannot be serious.

If that lot win the UEFA cup it will be the biggest disgrace since that Rumanian lot beat Barca in the Eueropean Cup final.

Frankly , I don't see any material difference between the two : Bucharest never tried . Rangers are prepared to have a go - so long as it only involved long punts to Darcheville.

Midloth_Iain

Rangers play to their strengths.

From the day Smith took over he decided he needed a rock solid defence if he was to achieve anything (as would any proper manager). Now they have sorted that out they can go about improving other areas of the team. Say what you want about Broadfoot but he gives 100% commitment and with the correct coaching he can become a dependable if not classy defender.

The ref took pity on him with his throw ins though. There were at least 5 or 6 more "foul" throws he wasnt penalised for. :rolleyes:

Wouldnt mind seeing Zenit pump them in the final though ! :cool:

Look back at the 80s. Steua Bucharest reached a Euro Final by playing for penalties in every round, winning 3 penalty shoot outs. The press pilloried them for it. So how come its OK for Rangers to do it.

Following Steau and other East European teams doing this, FIFA foresaw the death of football, and changed the rules to ban passbacks.

What rule can we change this time!?

cosanostra
Look back at the 80s. Steua Bucharest reached a Euro Final by playing for penalties in every round, winning 3 penalty shoot outs. The press pilloried them for it. So how come its OK for Rangers to do it.

Following Steau and other East European teams doing this, FIFA foresaw the death of football, and changed the rules to ban passbacks.

What rule can we change this time!?

Ban huns?

I'd vote for that.

John Gentleman

A personal perspective........

Rangers to win the UEFA.

QOS to win the Scottish.

Ye' have to laugh at the possibility (perhaps probability) of it happening.

That's why we're all addicted to football - the possibility, morphing into reality.

Lets enjoy it. History could be in the making. And we can all tell oor grandbairns, "I mind in 2008 when Rangers won the UEFA and QOS won the Scottish....."

That's what makes Association Football the greatest show on earth.

Christian Vieri had so many chances could have quite easily had a hat-trick in my opinion, but he couldn't score in a brothel.....

Our big signing in the summer??

If Broadfoot played for us he would get dogs abuse. He is the huns weakest link.

Why are these other teams not targeting him?

JamboRossi79

Good point, which means :

Robbie Neilson 1 - 0 Kirk Broadfoot

:)

A personal perspective........

Rangers to win the UEFA.

QOS to win the Scottish.

Ye' have to laugh at the possibility (perhaps probability) of it happening.

That's why we're all addicted to football - the possibility, morphing into reality.

Lets enjoy it. History could be in the making. And we can all tell oor grandbairns, "I mind in 2008 when Rangers won the UEFA and QOS won the Scottish....."

That's what makes Association Football the greatest show on earth.

No why would I tell my grand kids that? That only serves to show how ancient I am and how poor hearts used to be (hopefully be better by then ;))

I don't understand you people at all. I am a Hearts fan. Unless its Hearts in that final I couldn't give a toss.

and why is everyone falling over themselves to praise Rangers!? It doesn't effect us at all, why do we care!?

"better for scottish football blah blah blah" alot of p*sh thats what that is! It just reinforces the fact Scotland are triers, defensive and boring if anything. Any good it may have done will be completely ruined when that shower of jobless soap dodgers go down to mankchester and ruin Scottish fans fine reputation.

we are Hearts fans!

The Wicker Man

The game reminded me of our AEK game at Murrayfield, without the favourable outcome.

The stats will show that Ranger made the UEFA cup final and that's all that matters to their club history.

It does show what a disciplined, hard working team - who doesn't lose their shape - can achieve.

Broadfoot is a mediocre journeymen which still makes him beter than Neilson.

Is this a Celtic site? I thought it was a Hearts one. :(

Thats rich!:laugh:

How about this: Sudden death, no keeper.

That wouldn't fit Rangers though as Whittaker, while a very good footballing full back, is not a strong defender. Rangers have proved time and time again this season they are more interested in defending than anything else.

Anti football :mad:

And ours has been ****ing superb right enough. You would let another guy shag you for the position the huns are are in right now, but unfortunately its Romanov thats been doing it!

Rangers play to their strengths.

From the day Smith took over he decided he needed a rock solid defence if he was to achieve anything (as would any proper manager). Now they have sorted that out they can go about improving other areas of the team. Say what you want about Broadfoot but he gives 100% commitment and with the correct coaching he can become a dependable if not classy defender.

The ref took pity on him with his throw ins though. There were at least 5 or 6 more "foul" throws he wasnt penalised for. :rolleyes:

Wouldnt mind seeing Zenit pump them in the final though ! :cool:

In other words an experienced manager could have organised and motivated our squad. Do the Rangers squad call him 'Wally' by the way, .................don't think so!

Which is probably the only thing Neilson can do.:confused:

And ours has been ****ing superb right enough. You would let another guy shag you for the position the huns are are in right now, but unfortunately its Romanov thats been doing it!

Really don't see what that has to do with anything on the topic of Rangers playing anti football.

jack D and coke
Really don't see what that has to do with anything on the topic of Rangers playing anti football.

Think all he means is everyone getting on their high horse sayin the huns play pish football yet ours is definately much worse. We play 4-5-1 at home to st mirren and falkirk ffs and people are on here tryin to slate rangers for doing it in big european matches! We can only dream of EVER being involved in something of that magnitude and chasing 4 trophies. Fair play to them.

Hope the Huns cop it in the final, can see a Middlesbrough on the cards.

Anyway, i think Rangers played the percentage game in the Uefa Cup. TBH, they aren`t `anti- football` in the Scotish league.

But in Europe they know they can`t play an expansive game because....

A) They don`t have enough decent players to...

B) They`d expose the lack of pace in their full back areas and one of their Centre halfs.

It is a true fairytale story. A team knocking it off in a one season wonder job. I`d like to know the collective amount of chances missed against them right through their run?

Btw, i still don`t think Thomson and Whittaker are anything special but they are doing a decent job because Smith gets more out of them.

Miller Jambo 60

Part of the game mate they had 210 mins to settle it.

asomerville
I know its petty but i really fancy winning the competition on Scotsport when you win a chauffer driven car down to the final with tickets and prize money thrown in. Would love to win it, get driven to Manchester, rip the tickets up in front of the cretinous *******s who will converge on Manchester then use the prize money to get pished.

I might end up being the Chauffeur do you think I should wear my Hearts tie.:evilno:

Archived