Peter Houston

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Fantastic thread.

Right up there with your Robbo`s a shite manager chat.

Walter Bishop

ITK?

FFS.

ITK? Just passing on a rumour im afraid.

Source. A very good one however that told me McGlynn would be next manager.

Just heard in last half hour from him that Houston is in his words "the man very much wanted and he is keen to come". He also said that Robbo has not been spoken too. I hope its wrong, imo Houston is not the right appointment at this time.

I know your mate got McGlynn right and I'm not even saying your mate didn't hear this, all I'm saying is post statement on the website I'd be utterly astonished if we hired him.

Walter Bishop

I know your mate got McGlynn right and I'm not even saying your mate didn't hear this, all I'm saying is post statement on the website I'd be utterly astonished if we hired him.

Im with you 100%, however he was bang on about Danny Wilson aswell if you recall.

Right up there with your Robbo`s a shite manager chat.

Show me where I said that plz. thx.

I`m now convinced it will be him.

Looks like john murray got his way again.

Alot better choice than Mcgylnn tho

Walter Bishop

Show me where I said that plz. thx.

Apologies i thought you had said he was a shit manager another thread.

For what its worth i think Houston would make no sense whatsoever, he is cut from the same cloth as McGlynn and commercially it isnt going to sell tickets.

Peter Houston's assistant at Utd was Gary Kirk, massive Hearts supporter who's dad used to play for Hearts in the 50's, Bobby Kirk.

Apologies i thought you had said he was a shit manager another thread.

For what its worth i think Houston would make no sense whatsoever, he is cut from the same cloth as McGlynn and commercially it isnt going to sell tickets.

I said his previous record wasn't great which is pretty much fact. I also don't think he is the right man for the job, Houston has more experience but agian, probably not the right man.

Walter Bishop

Peter Houston's assistant at Utd was Gary Kirk, massive Hearts supporter who's dad used to play for Hearts in the 50's, Bobby Kirk.

Correct, son of a cup winning legend. He was at Hearts with Levein,Houston,McGlynn,Hegarty etc etc

I love Robbo but to suggest he is a better manager than Houston is frankly ridiculous.

I heard this morning that Robbo has not been approached - not sure if it was a wind up or not

jack D and coke
I love Robbo but to suggest he is a better manager than Houston is frankly ridiculous.

I heard this morning that Robbo has not been approached - not sure if it was a wind up or not

Remind me of exactly how Houston is a better manager than Robbo. Houston IMO has been underachieving with that United side and he's been very fortunate with the good young players that have come through too.

Walter Bishop

If you have heard Robbo HAS been approached then im delighted as it blows my rumour out the water. Commercially it has got to be Robbo imo.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Why are people surprised that Robbo has not been approached ??

If he wants the job he should be asking for it himself.

rossthejambo

Meh, not very imaginative or exciting but he'll probably do a decent enough job.

Shame that Hartley or Cameron will have to wait longer to return. Can't see Houston doing a temp job.

Maybe a better long term option as a manager, but I think we need a short term deal with a fan's favourite like Robbo.

After the summer, the new owners can appoint a manager of their choosing without the cost of terminating a contract.

Believe it when I see it.

Obviously has hearts ties, but was only assistant to levein, wonder how he will do managing a club of our size on his own.

Whoever gets this job must be backed all the way by the fans. Only way is up.

kingantti1874

God I hope not... Yet another shite appointment if true... More dull boring hoofball, defensive teams, random selections and lack of personality...

kingantti1874

Why is it ridiculous ? Ask the Dundee united fans if they think its ridiculous

Gregory House M.D.

Remind me of exactly how Houston is a better manager than Robbo. Houston IMO has been underachieving with that United side and he's been very fortunate with the good young players that have come through too.

Well his Scottish Cup does trump anything Robbo has done and he has maintained United's run in the top 6 despite losing the majority of Leveins experienced players and their 2 best midfielders in the same summer.

His sides regularly score goals and he has made shite like John Rankin look like a valuable team player.

He's never managed a Dundee United side with a set of top end SPL defenders yet his team were still defensively strong. His midfields were always strong as well despite losing valuable players in those positions year on year.

Peter Houston has proven himself far more than Robbo in management.

I'm not sure about Houston as Hearts manager but he certainly done a decent job at Dundee United and I'd be willing to give him my full support. Part of the coaching staff that won the Cup in 98 as well so this myth that he has always just been Leveins right hand man is pish.

kingantti1874

Well his Scottish Cup does trump anything Robbo has done and he has maintained United's run in the top 6 despite losing the majority of Leveins experienced players and their 2 best midfielders in the same summer.

His sides regularly score goals and he has made shite like John Rankin look like a valuable team player.

He's never managed a Dundee United side with a set of top end SPL defenders yet his team were still defensively strong. His midfields were always strong as well despite losing valuable players in those positions year on year.

I'm not sure about Houston as Hearts manager but he certainly done a decent job at Dundee United and I'd be willing to give him my full support. Part of the coaching staff that won the Cup in 98 as well so this myth that he has always just been Leveins right hand man is pish.

Again, I don't know what your basing this on ... It certainly is not the opinion of the DUFC fans I know who were desperate to get shot of him at myglynn esque levels

heartsfc_fan

Houstons SPL record:

3rd place - 2009/2010

4th place - 2010/2011

4th place - 2011/2012

Scottish cup - 2010

I'd also imagine his budget was less than Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen aswell.

Jambos_1874

This. His record speaks for itself. He would be a good interim manager at the very least and I don't have a problem with him being given the job permanently (assuming results between now and the end of the seaon are decent).

Gregory House M.D.

Again, I don't know what your basing this on ... It certainly is not the opinion of the DUFC fans I know who were desperate to get shot of him at myglynn esque levels

I'm basing it on what I've seen of him. I'm not really arsed what some backward Dundonian arseholes were shouting on the back of a mediocre season when their best player was injured.

We'll see how well their new manager copes now Russell is out never mind GMS.

Houstons SPL record:

3rd place - 2009/2010

4th place - 2010/2011

4th place - 2011/2012

Scottish cup - 2010

I'd also imagine his budget was less than Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen aswell.

And there you have it not a bad record in the slightest.

It depends on what we want here Robbo to sell ST's till the end of the season or a more long term appointment.

If its ???? in the short term then its Robbo but if its a more long term manager we are looking for then Houston is a better choice, not that I am saying he is the one I would chose but if we are only looking at these two then it is depending on how you view it.

kingantti1874

I'm basing it on what I've seen of him. I'm not really arsed what some backward Dundonian arseholes were shouting on the back of a mediocre season when their best player was injured.

We'll see how well their new manager copes now Russell is out never mind GMS.

Right so you've seen about 1% of what they have probably on sport scene highlights. Ill stick with their view thanks

By the way: he never turned rankin into a good player, was shite and still is shite

Why the problem with houston. i think he did very well at united, take him over robbo for sure.

Seriously, some posters trying to suggest Robbo has done more in management than Houston.

Jesus wept.

Robbo will galvanise the club, bring everyone together but in the long term I am not sure.

I am not saying Houston is the answer but stats back me up when comparing one v another.

We_are_the_Hearts

Why the problem with houston. i think he did very well at united, take him over robbo for sure.

THIS, a lot of Hearts fans are deluded......I can understand people having a preference but to totally not want someone like Houston, considering we could be in Administration very soon is bizarre.

Gregory House M.D.

We'll just ignore the fact that Houston has a better Managerial record at Dundee United than Craig Levein in nearly every area as well by the way.

alwaysthereinspirit

inspire who fans or players?

I would say us more. McGlynn was never an inspiration from day one from a fans perspective. Following Paulo was never going to be easy for anyone but coming in after the greatest day in our teams history we needed someone with some oomph. We need someone now who can lift us and the players. Even if its short term. We have a national cup final in less than two weeks. It feels like a morgue on here some days. Mostly due to onfield happenings.

Archived