Gretna Midweek

K1874M

hibshater

yip monday night falkirk then gretna on thursday then killie on sat. typical spl fixture pile up.:evilno:

portobellojambo1
What an apt way to end the season.

Just had a quick look on our own website Kenny, we have 10 going on our bus to the game Monday night versus Falkirk, have no idea how many will turn out on the Thursday (the fact it is not on the telly and is pay at the gate might help slightly)

Just had a quick look on our own website Kenny, we have 10 going on our bus to the game Monday night versus Falkirk, have no idea how many will turn out on the Thursday (the fact it is not on the telly and is pay at the gate might help slightly)

Ill be at Falkirk but getting the train cos of work... will be struggling for the gretna game tho, pretty sure I'll work something..... gutted, last day of the season should be full of banter, no rushing about.

Benny Factor

Emphasise the word "slightly", PJ1...:P

Charlie-Brown

I was at a League Cup game away to Clydebank in the 1980's when the crowd was only 587....is that low attendance under threat?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The consolation is that this farce of a season will be over sooner than we expected. Now on to the close season, which is far more important.

Ill be at Falkirk but getting the train cos of work... will be struggling for the gretna game tho, pretty sure I'll work something..... gutted, last day of the season should be full of banter, no rushing about.

Last game of the season is now home to Killie next Saturday. At least this god awful season will come to an end quicker than expected....

Charlie-Brown
The consolation is that this farce of a season will be over sooner than we expected. Now on to the close season, which is far more important.

Who do you think will win the European Championships?

Last game of the season is now home to Killie next Saturday. At least this god awful season will come to an end quicker than expected....

Just realised that.... haha.

Still pain in the erse.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Baroomp ching!:rolleyes: Are you here all week?

portobellojambo1
I was at a League Cup game away to Clydebank in the 1980's when the crowd was only 587....is that low attendance under threat?

Don't think it will go as low as that NMH, wouldn't surprise me if it were in the mid to high hundreds mind you , I wouldn't think many Gretna fans will bother making their way up on a Thursday night, so it will totally depend on how many travel.

portobellojambo1

I am similar Kenny, I am participating in a project Wednesday/Thursday, and was initially looking forward to being out of the office for a couple of days from 08:00 to 17:00. Thursday could now turn into a bit of a rush. I'll have to wait and see what time the bus is leaving, or find another way of getting through.

Last years farce of a season lasted the normal time though

I genuinely have difficulty distinguishing between our last 2 farce seasons. Its like one extra long fecking 76 game farce season

Oh well

I am similar Kenny, I am participating in a project Wednesday/Thursday, and was initially looking forward to being out of the office for a couple of days from 08:00 to 17:00. Thursday could now turn into a bit of a rush. I'll have to wait and see what time the bus is leaving, or find another way of getting through.

Think the 6 or half 6 train gets in to Motherwell 7 and half past... pretty sure the earlier one has a change. Prob what I'll have to do.

no way am i traveling down from inverness on a thursday night for a gretna game so thats 4 at least off the crowd.

Ben Dover

Unless there are any complications I cant see, why dont we ask the SPL ( and of course Gretna FC ) if we can shift the game to Tynie ?

Gretna would go for it, especially if we maybe split the gate recepts

......which would be min 10k instead of max 3k at Fir Park ?

Hibs dont play at home that weekend so there doesn't appear to me to be as problem ...............apart from the SPL / GFA :sad:

grumpyjambo

Dont giva a toss about the Euro champs, what happens at Tynie is much more important IMO.

boabyarsebiscuit

I won't be back up in Scotland on Thursday so that's another 3 off the attendance. Glad the Away ST didn't cover this game now.

Jambof3tornado

4 games in 6 days if you include the testimonial. Talk about a 2 tier league!!

I wonder if we can reshedule the remaining games coz we are tired???

Don't think it will go as low as that NMH, wouldn't surprise me if it were in the mid to high hundreds mind you , I wouldn't think many Gretna fans will bother making their way up on a Thursday night, so it will totally depend on how many travel.

Id dought many Gretna fans will travel, maybee a hundred of them so it really depends on how many of us travel, hard to say id guess at under a thousand will be at the game.

chester copperpot

As someone who doesn't work on a thursday, this actually helps me out attending the game.

Will be in the wee Bowling club extra early now. ;)

Ben Dover

Given that TTBOMK it's only Rangers fixture pile-up that's causing us to move our match, I say again - lets ask for a switch to Tynie :hypno:

Unless there are any complications I cant see, why dont we ask the SPL ( and of course Gretna FC ) if we can shift the game to Tynie ?

Gretna would go for it, especially if we maybe split the gate recepts

......which would be min 10k instead of max 3k at Fir Park ?

Hibs dont play at home that weekend so there doesn't appear to me to be as problem ...............apart from the SPL / GFA :sad:

Spot on mate, both clubs get more revenue, and aren't the SPL supposed to help clubs in financial crisis as best they can? Gretna would be delighted to take 50% of gate receipts from an 8-10,000 crowd!

Given that TTBOMK it's only Rangers fixture pile-up that's causing us to move our match, I say again - lets ask for a switch to Tynie :hypno:

ben, your idea has far too much common sense for it to be taken seriously :mad:

Spot on mate, both clubs get more revenue, and aren't the SPL supposed to help clubs in financial crisis as best they can? Gretna would be delighted to take 50% of gate receipts from an 8-10,000 crowd!

i'd give them all the gate money, less the cost of overheads (police, stewards etc.....) :eek:

Ben Dover

Cheers mate, thought I was talking to myself there for a bit ;)

I thought the club might have raised this with the SPL ( with fans travel plans in mind ) even before Rangers sealed their place last night.

Ok, some folk just want to see the back of this ghastly season :P but cramming 3 SPL games, including a very short Thursday - Sat time span, is needless if we apply some common sense. Gretna may go down the tube following their last match and I'm sure their administrators would love a wee 'top up' from a full tynie.

Go on ..........you know it makes sense :)

chester copperpot
Cheers mate, thought I was talking to myself there for a bit ;)

I thought the club might have raised this with the SPL ( with fans travel plans in mind ) even before Rangers sealed their place last night.

Ok, some folk just want to see the back of this ghastly season :P but cramming 3 SPL games, including a very short Thursday - Sat time span, is needless if we apply some common sense. Gretna may go down the tube following their last match and I'm sure their administrators would love a wee 'top up' from a full tynie.

Go on ..........you know it makes sense :)

I agree with your point, however you're sadly crazy if you think Tynie would be full for a mid week game against Gretna. Remember we'd need to ask our fans to pay entry into the ground as this would be deemed an away match for us. Think we'd be lucky to get 6-7K tops for a thursday night pay at the gate game.

Ben Dover
I agree with your point, however you're sadly crazy if you think Tynie would be full for a mid week game against Gretna. Remember we'd need to ask our fans to pay entry into the ground as this would be deemed an away match for us. Think we'd be lucky to get 6-7K tops for a thursday night pay at the gate game.

No what I'm saying Chester mate is to play the fixture on it's correct date, Sat the 17th, which means finishing the season on a Saturday like it should ALWAYS have been. We should have played them at Fir Park that day but we are now getting bumped to allow Motherwell to play their postponed home fixture against the hun that day. The game would be an 'away' game of course with STs not counting ..........unless you have the away ST ;) ( how bizarre would that be :confused: ) but it would end the season 'properly' and would probably help out Gretna. The Hobos aren't at home so I really don't see any probs if we can bang some heads together !

Benny Factor
As someone who doesn't work on a thursday, this actually helps me out attending the game.

Will be in the wee Bowling club extra early now. ;)

Is there any day of the week that you DO work, Andy?? :P

My suspicion is that the SPL have taken the opportunity given to them by the changes in the fixture list to bring Gretna's last game forward & thus reduce the risk of them not finishing the season.

Original date but played at Livi otherwise looks the obvious solution to me.

Ben Dover
My suspicion is that the SPL have taken the opportunity given to them by the changes in the fixture list to bring Gretna's last game forward & thus reduce the risk of them not finishing the season.

Original date but played at Livi otherwise looks the obvious solution to me.

If Getna are going under then granted it would suit the SPL to have their last game ASAP, thus allowing the administrators to wind the club up and lay off all the players and staff to restrict any further financial losses.

However, I would put forward the suggestion that we then switch to Tynie for the Thursday night clash anyway. It would require some fast 'bean counting' but surely us being at home makes more sense than both teams travelling, Gretna incurring Livi's expenses and yet us still providing the bulk of the fans but in a much reduced attendance :sad:

chester copperpot
Is there any day of the week that you DO work, Andy?? :P

Says the unemployed Jakester from Ayrshire. :whistling:

Seymour M Hersh

At least the last game of the season will now fall on a Saturday afternoon and not a Sunday in a poor attempt to create excitement. It will also allow us to stand and applaud the players on their lap of honour for all their hard work!:chase::rofl::rofl:

Disser Pointon

The Ruskies this year, us next year.

Vlad

If Getna are going under then granted it would suit the SPL to have their last game ASAP, thus allowing the administrators to wind the club up and lay off all the players and staff to restrict any further financial losses.

However, I would put forward the suggestion that we then switch to Tynie for the Thursday night clash anyway. It would require some fast 'bean counting' but surely us being at home makes more sense than both teams travelling, Gretna incurring Livi's expenses and yet us still providing the bulk of the fans but in a much reduced attendance :sad:

The problem is that unless we beat Falkirk, they will object as it would increase our chances of finsihing above them in the league. The higher up the league you are, the greater the prize money.

Archived