Webster : 'This is not acceptable'

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

"For us to be in the situation that we are is not acceptable. It's something that we need to rectify immediately. There have been circumstances over the course of the season, but generally, to be where we are in the league is nowhere near good enough for this football club."

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130301/webby-this-is-not-acceptable_2241384_3093591

This is exactly the sort of thing I want to hear from the captain. For too long we have had too many passengers in the side. It looks like the McGlynn sacking has maybe given some of them the boot up the arse required.

Positive signs at last.

glastonbury jambo

funny hes comin out wi this now after mcglynn's bullet , good stuff though we need a rally cry, got a much better feeling about the team now

Ok, anyone notice something glaring?

Usually a day after the sacking of a manager - the players would say positives about him or talk about how they would 'do it for him'. Nothing. Clearly McSpeccy was not liked.

All he says is "The manager set us up the way he wanted" I mean ffs - this says it all.

Patrick Bateman

It's not much of a secret to say the players didn't respect McGlynn. I'm still baffled as to why he got the job in the first place, but I'm just delighted that he's gone.

funny hes comin out wi this now after mcglynn's bullet , good stuff though we need a rally cry, got a much better feeling about the team now

It's no coincidence, is it?

For too long the players have hid behind the shan excuses the manager has peddled. The first step out of this rut is for the players to take responsibility for the mediocrity and I'm glad Webster has done it. Time for every one of them to raise their game.

It's not much of a secret to say the players didn't respect McGlynn. I'm still baffled as to why he got the job in the first place, but I'm just delighted that he's gone.

For what it's worth I think tomorrow has come to soon (can't see us winning) and it will take time to 'shake the McGlynn factor out' but you just feel that a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders and life is much more brighter now.

Be interesting to see what changes are made on Saturday, if any. Clearly the players aren't happy with the way they have been playing or even set up to play. Sounds like Webster has had enough of losing though!

Julius Nicholson

God knows what damage McGlynn's horrendous management has done to the players. Hopefully they'll get back to playing in their correct positions and get the heads back up.

This has no foundation whatsoever but I gauranteed not one of those players will play for him again. I mean you know when a manager moves on he likes to sign up a few guys he knows,

I will always hold a grudge to McSpeccy. I will hate him forever.

Get a grip

For what it's worth I think tomorrow has come to soon (can't see us winning) and it will take time to 'shake the McGlynn factor out' but you just feel that a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders and life is much more brighter now.

Give it a rest mate. What are you, 12? Unless you think we was getting beat on purpose, He was an honest bloke giving it his best shot in a job that was too big for him. The same could happen to you one day.

This wasn't intended to be yet another thread for proving how much you hate McGlynn. :facepalm:

Now that mcglynn is gone. The pain that is the mcglynn factor will gradually fade!

Contrasts what Mcgylnn said about being realistic. Already a more positive winning mentality about us as he's only been gone for about a day.

scott_jambo

"For us to be in the situation that we are is not acceptable. It's something that we need to rectify immediately. There have been circumstances over the course of the season, but generally, to be where we are in the league is nowhere near good enough for this football club."

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3093591

This is exactly the sort of thing I want to hear from the captain. For too long we have had too many passengers in the side. It looks like the McGlynn sacking has maybe given some of them the boot up the arse required.

Positive signs at last.

Scotland and Heart of Midlothian captain! Player manager material in making?

Eh, no.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good words Webster, not get out on that pitch and show us you mean it, starting this Saturday. :mad:

HHGH

Ok, anyone notice something glaring?

Usually a day after the sacking of a manager - the players would say positives about him or talk about how they would 'do it for him'. Nothing. Clearly McSpeccy was not liked.

All he says is "The manager set us up the way he wanted" I mean ffs - this says it all.

Aye that true enough.

You usually do hear from players after a manager is "Parted Company bu Mutual Consent" (Bullited) that he was a great guy to work for or he was popular with the lads or they wish him all the best but what have we heard?

Hee Haw

Apart from Webster saying "He set us up how He liked".

Does say it all!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good words Webster, now FFS get out on that pitch and show us you mean it, starting this Saturday. :mad:

HHGH

I'm moving on and believe me I want to forget the sack of shit. He has left a sour taste in the clubs mouth tho.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm moving on and believe me I want to forget the sack of shit. He has left a sour taste in the clubs mouth tho.

Onwards and upwards.

I share a similar hatred of Mcgylnn but we need to move on and think of the positives.

Now we have a chance to win a cup an beat hibs. Top 6 is unlikely but you never know.

Great stuff from the stroller hopefully now he can pick up n lead these young lads to a few wins and a league cup winners medal!

Gregory House M.D.

Eh, no.

He already is.

B)

Aye that true enough.

You usually do hear from players after a manager is "Parted Company bu Mutual Consent" (Bullited) that he was a great guy to work for or he was popular with the lads or they wish him all the best but what have we heard?

Hee Haw

Apart from Webster saying "He set us up how He liked".

Does say it all!

It don't think the club would allow the most senior player to big up the guy they just sacked on the official website.

Understand what your saying though and I'm delighted he's been removed.

Well said Captain Stroller B) hopefully we'll be seeing him lift silverware very soon.

Tommy Wiseau

Good words, but it can start with him tbh. Been very disappointed by his lack of leadership since Zaliukas got injured.

You do get the impression that the players have been given a kick up the arse by the sacking, whether that is because they have had a fright that they've not been performing and it's not acceptable, or that they never respected the manager is irrelevant now. What matters is that they get the finger out and realise what playing for Hearts is about.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good words, but it can start with him tbh. Been very disappointed by his lack of leadership since Zaliukas got injured.

You do get the impression that the players have been given a kick up the arse by the sacking, whether that is because they have had a fright that they've not been performing and it's not acceptable, or that they never respected the manager is irrelevant now. What matters is that they get the finger out and realise what playing for Hearts is about.

As far as starting with him goes, I will happily take his goal last weekend as the start of better things to come. Agree that it NEEDS to come from him though. As I said above, words are fine but we need actions.

I think that McGlynn was working under the "protect the players" (****, I sound like Csaba saying that) ethos that was handed to him though... He was used to protecting them and forgiving their mistakes and poor performances in all his previous roles but when he found himself at the helm of the second biggest club in the top division, he was unable to add a bit of 'ooophh' to that role. I think it was all about: "Unlucky lads, we nearly did it there. better luck next time. Don't be too down on yourselves though, you are young and inexperienced after-all"...

Simply not good enough when a club like ours' is struggling at the bottom of league, I'm afraid. :(

Our interim managers need to drum in to the young guys that they may be young, but as first team players at HMFC, they are expected to improve week on week and not let club standards slip.

The Great Khali

Took longer to say than it should have.

Good words but will wait and see if there has been at least a change in attitudes tomorrow.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Words are fine Webster, time to go out and put what you're saying into action.

This... A million times this!

colinmaroon

Jesus wept. Do guys really hate McGlynn the PERSON??? FFS, get a grip!!!

I have this mental image of a poster, straw sticking out his ears, pitchfork in one hand, burning torch in the other, turning in ever-decreasing circles until he eventually disappears up his own bitterness.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Webster is consistently our best player. I hope the other players take note.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm just glad a senior player has come out and said something!

Have to agree that the fact we're not seeing players saying its sad to see gaffer go etc speaks volumes.

Jambos_1874

Good to hear this from Webster. It looked like he took a bit more control on the park on Wednesday as well as he was getting stuck into players for not doing their jobs. Lets just hope we see our luck change against Motherwell on sat.

scott_jambo

Webster is consistently our best player. I hope the other players take note.

hmmm.

Balgreenjambo

I think the players performance will pick up now.the chat coming from Locke and webby is a lot more positive.i also think some players wernt trying for mcglynn,which is unacceptable,but this happened before when joe Jordan was manager when we played against Falkirk.

I8 still seething :laugh:

Good to hear Webby's words. I am more confident now than 48 hours ago. Now lets turn our season around by beating Motherwell tomorrow.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Jesus wept. You're a grown man! :lol:

Good andy!! sounds like he realizes words are cheap.

Hopefully see some tenacity on the field

Can imagine that locke and janny will take no shit

Nookie Bear

McGlynn moving in next door to i8 would be a sitcom all of its own.

A kind of updated Love Thy Neighbour.

The Real Maroonblood

This has no foundation whatsoever but I gauranteed not one of those players will play for him again. I mean you know when a manager moves on he likes to sign up a few guys he knows,

Who would hire that loser?

McGlynn moving in next door to i8 would be a sitcom all of its own.

A kind of updated Love Thy Neighbour.

Except with a lack of humour in either abode.

Csaba McGlynn Muggy Frail

Grrrrrrr

McGlynn Oot!

Zoomers

add McLean to that list, truly dreadful.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Nice to see the captain rallying the team the day before the match. Instead of mucking about in some childs ride at a hotel :vrface:

cala-millor-fishing-01.jpg

Words are fine Webster, time to go out and put what you're saying into action.

True. He's been poor of late, and I'm one of his biggest fans!

Archived