What adverts do you hate on the t.v?

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

What adverts cant you stand on the t.v, You know the ones that make you change the t.v channel, I have 2:

1. The Churchill one with that friggin dog on the games show

2. The moon pig advert as well for the cards.

These are 2 adverts that i cant stand and i have to turn them over.

The Merse
All of them. They all **** me off.

Was about to say the same.

You'd be easier asking what adverts don't you hate!

The Halifax ones get on my chebs.

Stuart Lyon

Agree all of them! I particularly hate the way the volume increases as soon as they come on. I put mute on.

yvonnejambo

Sheilas wheels and DFS or whatever its called buy half a sofa etc, I pity the poor sod that goes to 1 of those places and pays full price with the ammount of sales they have. I will never buy from either of those companies because of their ads. Hate loads more but they wind me up the most.

tommythejambo

The Sketchers one p***es me off.

As does that one for teh clothes company no-one has heard of.

Any car advert and right now that one where some ponce is making a feckin racket in the kitchen for some feckin pesto :sterb003::sterb003::sterb003:

Say What Again
I particularly hate the way the volume increases as soon as they come on.

For that very reason my vote goes to the Citreon advert (unmistakably German, made in France) with the Ride of the Valkyries music.

It has to be the loudest thing on TV. :mad:

maltese jambo

what about that injury lawyers advert?...injury lawyers for you or something....

it has to be the lowest ive ever seen someone stoop to get on TV

the world is in a delicate balance....you could either say its an unavoidable consequence of life...or you could say THAT WAS DEFINATLY NOT MY FAULT AND SOMEONE SHOULD BE PUNISHED!

how about watching where your going you clumsy idiots (speaking in general)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I hate that Berocca ad with the running machines

Not cos its nippy but for the shear laziness and unoriginality involved in it

How the hell they managed to pass that off to the client is beyond me

heartgarfunkel
I hate that Berocca ad with the running machines

Not cos its nippy but for the shear laziness and unoriginality involved in it

How the hell they managed to pass that off to the client is beyond me

Great song though:)

I cannot stand the add for the loan where the bint follows her husband around with a camcorder, it gets on my nerves :mad:

and the ad for the claim lawyers with the woman with the anoying voice and even worse hair cut always bugs me too

I cannot stand the add for the loan where the bint follows her husband around with a camcorder, it gets on my nerves :mad:

and the ad for the claim lawyers with the woman with the anoying voice and even worse hair cut always bugs me too

"Josh! Dad's found ya scootah!!!" I hate those bloody adverts....

but not as much as Foxy Bingo. The only time I want to see Foxy bloody Bingo is when he's being chased by a pack of hounds with red-jacketed posh folk on horseback...

scottish_chicP
confused.com

Kill the ****ing lot of them.

That one really ****es me off. Esure adverts too "calm down dear it's a commercial" :evilno:

that plum from the halifax ad, i will never join halifax due to howard!!!

all injury ad's get on my pecks, and you have to hate confused.com - agree with neave kill the effin lotta them

The one that's annoying me at the moment's the BT one with that [filter edit] from My Family (****e programme, while we're at it), where the mum's meant to have fallen out with the wee lassie.

The particular bit that annoys me is that the wee lassie walks down from her room with an empty glass (which looks clean, **** knows where they keep the glasses in that household), opens the fridge, the camera goes off of her for about a second and then she's taking a full glass out of the fridge. It just makes no sense.

Also, every character in it's a total [filter edit].

The one that's annoying me at the moment's the BT one with that [filter edit] from My Family (****e programme, while we're at it), where the mum's meant to have fallen out with the wee lassie.

The particular bit that annoys me is that the wee lassie walks down from her room with an empty glass (which looks clean, **** knows where they keep the glasses in that household), opens the fridge, the camera goes off of her for about a second and then she's taking a full glass out of the fridge. It just makes no sense.

Also, every character in it's a total [filter edit].

would agree to an extend - would still give the mum one tho ;)

Can't believe people are slagging off the Picture Loans adverts. Post-modern classics, they are.

Personally, it's the ridiculously-expensive mobile phone ads which get right on my t*ts. Kick the arse out of one special effect for about two feckin' minutes. Like BWT says, god knows how they manage to get such unimaginative drivel past their clients!

jamboinglasgow

it is too tough, there are so many. Going to have to list them, so here we go:

Specsavers - didn't like the tagline still dont

Muller corner - trying to turn the action of licking yoghurt into a philosphy for life.

Moonpig - you pay more to get one word changed on a card????

All conpensation claim advert - they are just making us think that we deserve something when in truth accidents happen.

all car ads with the word fun or play in the strapline - they are all the same.

Berocca - its not like they are trying to rip of something no one has heard of.

Kids adverts - each kids advert should have at least have to word cool or wicked mentioned during it, least I think that is one of their rules.

Muller corner - trying to turn the action of licking yoghurt into a philosphy for life.

That's the one that I was looking for!

That creepy old man does my tits in. Licking the lid of life? Aye, licking the window of life more like ya [filter edit].

jamboinglasgow
That's the one that I was looking for!

That creepy old man does my tits in. Licking the lid of life? Aye, licking the window of life more like ya [filter edit].

can anyone actully explain what it means as a philosphy, or did the ad man think licking the lid of life sounded good.

I lick yoghurt lids but simply cos there is a little left on it, would never live my life that way.

I P Knightley

It's all

you

have

to

do....

you do the shake 'n' vac and put the freshness back

dooo the shake 'n' vac and put the freshness back...

ahhh - happy days of innocence

THE Worst advert currently being shown is the the one with 3 ladies of a certain age having a coffee to be joined by a fourth. The fourth doesn't sit in the obvious empty space, by the way, but all four are in a semi circle on one side of the table.

It seems the fourth has been having trouble curling one out and shares this with her pals, one of whom, conveniently, has some medicine that helps with such parked fudge problems.

Then there's the hilarious punchline, "I used to have a pain in my life." "Yeah, but you gave him the elbow" or something.

If they'd had the baws to say, "I used to have a pain in the ar53", I might have had some respect for them.

Oh and bifidus digestivum can gtf.

Have to agree that is a pash advert, along with the foxy bingo - how irriating is that one.

Or

The one where they're advertising a specific car and the tour bus is driving along and they comment on the beautiful cars that are parked in the driveways,once the bus has past, the owners are out and they put them back into the garage and put another one out onto the drive:mad:

All adverts should be banned

confused.com

that wee snotter of a man has a face I wouldn't get tired of punching. His voice is annoying too.

Goose Baxter

I dont like the adverts when you hear the voices but it isnt the actual actors that are speaking. The voice isnt in time with the lips.

How on earth do these adverts make it onto the telly?

marshallschunkychicken

Jackie Chan in the new Woolworths ads.

What. Are. You. Doing. Man.

:mad:

Miller Jambo 60
All of them. They all **** me off.

I will 2nd that ,a waste of tv time.

cosanostra
Great song though:)

Exactly what i was going to say.

Is it by Dead or Alive?

Injury Lawyers for you - Why is he raging?

Sheila's Wheels - Nuff said

Churchill - What is a jowly insurance hound?

Personal accident helpline - what do you mean wrong type of ladder? Surely you would have noticed before you went up and what actually happened is the ladder fell. That's not a wrong ladder, that's a crap ladder.

Halifax - Dear god

Jackie Chan woolworths ad - why jackie why?

Exactly what i was going to say.

Is it by Dead or Alive?

Think it's Living on the Ceiling, by Blancmange :)

jamboinglasgow
Injury Lawyers for you - Why is he raging?

Sheila's Wheels - Nuff said

Churchill - What is a jowly insurance hound?

Personal accident helpline - what do you mean wrong type of ladder? Surely you would have noticed before you went up and what actually happened is the ladder fell. That's not a wrong ladder, that's a crap ladder.

Halifax - Dear god

Jackie Chan woolworths ad - why jackie why?

that gets me as well, wrong type of ladder does not sound right, surely if you thought it was not right you should rightfully say sorry I feel my safety is in danger so cant use that, not oh I decided to go up it and it was a rubbish ladder and I fell off.

Also the story about the guy who crashed into the car that was reversing out. What has the bus stop got to do with that story. He claims he had to slow down because he saw kids at a bus stop (trying to make himself seem morale supperor.) From what I see the only problem is the guy reversed out too quickly and collided with the other car, nothing to do with the fact there are kids at the bus stop. Even if the other drivers view is blocked by the kids at the bus stop surely living in that house would teach him that not to reverse out too quickly. So summing up the children at the bus stop are irrelvent.

Chad Sexington

The new Sugar Puffs one that rips of The Mighty Boosh crimps.

Wrong!!!

The pot noodle one, I'll assume its new because I've only seen it once but it's awful!

Also the one with the mum, daughter and boyfriend sitting on a couch looking at the girl as a baby. The mum says something along the lines of 'this is her in the bath' to which the girl says to the boyfriend 'I bet you'd like to see me like that now', cue the awkward silence. Can't remember what its for because I now walk out the room or change the channel every time it comes on. Can't stand it!

And agreed on any accident helpline, loan company and Sheila's Wheels :mad:

The pot noodle one, I'll assume its new because I've only seen it once but it's awful!

Also the one with the mum, daughter and boyfriend sitting on a couch looking at the girl as a baby. The mum says something along the lines of 'this is her in the bath' to which the girl says to the boyfriend 'I bet you'd like to see me like that now', cue the awkward silence. Can't remember what its for because I now walk out the room or change the channel every time it comes on. Can't stand it!

And agreed on any accident helpline, loan company and Sheila's Wheels :mad:

"Here she is naked in the bath"

"You should see me now"

"...no"

"oh yeah"

It's a clearisil advert

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, drived me nuts, especially the 'oh yeah' bit at the end. Minging writing and acting.

The bird would get rattled senseless though.

I have an irrational hatred of Nadine Bagot celebrity beauty consultant. I want to strangle her until her beady little eyes pop out.

Goose Baxter
"Here she is naked in the bath"

"You should see me now"

"...no"

"oh yeah"

It's a clearisil advert

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, drived me nuts, especially the 'oh yeah' bit at the end. Minging writing and acting.

The bird would get rattled senseless though.

Such an amazing advert this, its the birds voice that does it for me "OH YEAH " and it doesnt help that she would get taken baw deep!!

inspector
that plum from the halifax ad, i will never join halifax due to howard!!!

all injury ad's get on my pecks, and you have to hate confused.com - agree with neave kill the effin lotta them

I hate HOWARD and the other guy , Japanese I think. Great voice but feck them, I prefer that dog from directline

Foxy ****ing bingo

The fecked up foxman used to have a posh voice and swagger about and it was mildly amusing. Then they changed it to a bloody irritating regional accent, Bolton or some ****e, turning him into some sort of ginger Vernon Kay, it gets right on my jubblies.

Don`t know why, but that tune to the Comet advert does my nut.

Also, hate that advert with Joss Stone and a flake. Jumped up, fake Yank accent , im in love with masel diva!

Eckauskas

The Pepsi Max advert.

Only a woman would say Fabregas should play the guitar.

jamboinglasgow
The Pepsi Max advert.

Only a woman would say Fabregas should play the guitar.

I like that advert except the bit at the end, "and then they all drink pepsi and make the classic "ahhhh" sound." Er...that could only have come from an ad executive as I have never heard the classic ahhh sound, hear it with any drink the clenches my first and dont think of Pepsi when I hear it.

Dix Handley
Think it's Living on the Ceiling, by Blancmange :)

BJ51202.gif

Spot on young ksmart.

Cant believe no ones mentioned"CILIT BANG!!!".

The Old Tolbooth
Foxy ****ing bingo

The fecked up foxman used to have a posh voice and swagger about and it was mildly amusing. Then they changed it to a bloody irritating regional accent, Bolton or some ****e, turning him into some sort of ginger Vernon Kay, it gets right on my jubblies.

Totally agree mate :evilno:

Bring back fox hunting, that should put the tosser into hiding!

The Old Tolbooth
BJ51202.gif

Spot on young ksmart.

Cant believe no ones mentioned"CILIT BANG!!!".

Crikey, for a moment there I read this post wrong and thought it would get removed! :eek:

heartgarfunkel
confused.com

that wee snotter of a man has a face I wouldn't get tired of punching. His voice is annoying too.

the dolly bird in it is a bit of a fox. less of the geezer and more of the lady, preferably in a bikini like the blonde in the Foster's annoying 'shadow' advert.

heartgarfunkel

Those boys in the 'PC World' adverts need battered as a matter of urgency.:evilno:

Terrible Trio

the halifax one

can't decide whether I'd rather smash the bloke with the glasses or the wee kitchen

Archived