Durty Leeds fail to have their penalty points reinstated

Therapist

I'm very hazy on what they actually did and how it was breaking the rules. I know they went into administration but I thought the reason the did that before being officially relegated was so it wouldn't count against them the season after when they were trying to get promoted straight back.

Can anyone clarify?

northfieldhearts

absolute joke. criticising the club for stalling yet the case was raised way back in august.

go on boys, win the playoffs.

Gigolo-Aunt

Dirty ******ing Leeds.

Dirty ******ing Don Revie

C/O Brian Clough

Therapist

Leeds have been at it on and off the field since the late 60s. It's about time they got their come-uppance. ;)

For once, I am happy to comment on a JKB thread concerning english football.

Get it right up them.

Rawrrrrrrr

Whilst I detest leeds and hope they lose the play offs I reckon the decision is a bit dodgy and if leeds fight it to CAS would be thrown out

They simply played the rules which isnt illegal etc and have been punished twice for the same thing simply because they had the ingenuity to stitch up the FA and other clubs

Sadly this isnt forbidden and the FA have tried to catch it out with a decidedly dodgy catch all rule

The Merse
I'm very hazy on what they actually did and how it was breaking the rules. I know they went into administration but I thought the reason the did that before being officially relegated was so it wouldn't count against them the season after when they were trying to get promoted straight back.

Can anyone clarify?

I'm not sure on exact details.

They couldn't stay up when they placed themselves in administration so the 10 point penalty or whatever it was had no effect on their Championship status, so they've taken them off this year as well.

boabyarsebiscuit
absolute joke. criticising the club for stalling yet the case was raised way back in august.

go on boys, win the playoffs.

If Southend Utd make the playoff final I'm going.

I reckon Southend need to win at the weekend to pick up a semi final tie with Carlisle.

That would leave Nottingham Forest to play Leeds Utd. Tasty.

I think Forest will go up.

northfieldhearts
If Southend Utd make the playoff final I'm going.

I reckon Southend need to win at the weekend to pick up a semi final tie with Carlisle.

That would leave Nottingham Forest to play Leeds Utd. Tasty.

I think Forest will go up.

Forest v Leeds final!!!!! C U There!!

Leeds deserve to go up through the play off's. To be where they are with 15 points deducted is some achievement

troonjambo

i think its outrageous that leed were deducted the points there clearly too good and too big for that league hope they go up

The Vulture

West Ham broke the rules, yet they don't get relegated because Sir Trevor Brooking sits on the decision panel.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Not really fussed about Leeds either way, but Ken Bates is a complete bawsack. GIRUY ya posh santa-wannabe.

Walter Kidd

Leeds, Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds.

To all you Chelsea ****. Where were you when you when you were ****?

Leeds have been at it on and off the field since the late 60s. It's about time they got their come-uppance. ;)

Don't like Leeds but have a vague recollection of the FA cuo in the early 70's.

Charlie-Brown
Leeds, Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds.

To all you Chelsea ****. Where were you when you when you were ****?

WK has a point here - I'm not a Leeds fan but it seems to me they were punished twice for going into administration - once last year when they were relegated then again at the start of this season - twice deducted points....

Leeds weren't that dirty in the 70's - not compared to chopper Harris etc.....men were men etc.

Charlie-Brown
MARCHING ON TOGETHER.

If only the Hearts support was like Leeds.

What Notorius hooligans and trouble makers? not since the early eighties..... ;)

Leeds weren't that dirty in the 70's - not compared to chopper Harris etc.....men were men etc.

More cynical than dirty.

I'm not sure on exact details.

They couldn't stay up when they placed themselves in administration so the 10 point penalty or whatever it was had no effect on their Championship status, so they've taken them off this year as well.

That's not right though. While we may know that Leeds would have been relegated, without officially going down I don't see why they should be actually sent down just because it looks like mission impossible. Remember, they weren't officially relegated because had they won something like 9-0 in the last game they might have stayed up. Obviously that's never likely to happen but when it comes to financial rules like this I'm not sure that opinion (no matter how accurate it might be) should come into it.

Also, why was it 15 points then? Surely it should have just been 10 if they slapped the same penalty on them?

Walter Kidd
MARCHING ON TOGETHER.

If only the Hearts support was like Leeds.

No 30000 in the 3rd division. Unlike the anti everything brigade.

**** the Hibs.

Still Edinburghs team.

Charlie-Brown

FJ is correct - why was it 10 points deduction in the championship but 15 points in league one? It's all still the English Football League afterall - it's not as if it was the Premiership and a separate organisation.

Walter Kidd

It's because the FL moved the goal posts with the Inland Revenue.

Doesnt matter we'll pish the play offs.

MARCHING ON TOGETHER./

The following extract is from timesonline :

Leeds were docked ten points for going into administration at the end of last season. They then accepted a further 15-point penalty for not exiting administration via a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA), subject to an appeal to other League clubs. Not surprisingly, more than 75 per cent voted for the extra penalty. ?There is more than one club who voted for the 15 points because it would handicap us,? Bates said. He added that he was looking forward to meeting Paul Scally, the Gillingham chairman, at the final match of the season tomorrow. Leeds are guaranteed a play-off place but Gillingham could be relegated. ?Mr Scally was very mouthy when he went on Sky TV and said he had studied the facts very carefully,? Bates said.

So there you have it. Leeds broke the rules and blamed the other clubs for acting in self-interest in punishing Leeds further. This guy is so deluded he should be at Easter Rd. It has also been overlooked that the Football league was so pist off at Leeds bevahiour that they threatened to revoke their membership of the football league.

Yes, the extra 15 points deduction was due to the way they came out of administration rather than for them going into it. Penalty was probably a bit severe but there are rules for a reason. Still hope they go up via the playoffs, with Forest going up automatically.

Jambo Hud316

As a Forest fan I'm delighted they got their appeal rejected

Forest for automatic promotion, Doncaster will choke tomorrow - C'Mon Forest

Archived