Too many kids.

Dr. Bapswent

Not enough experienced heads who know when grit is needed and when to play the simple game.

Also too light and easily manhandled.

We've basically got no one else.

Mehdi, Stevenson, Sutton.

Whilst they aren't any better, they have experience.

ToadKiller Dog

Losing hamill , Grainger then Zal to injury plus the madness of Gollum over Stevenson certainly ain't helped us , more so with a weak tactically and uninspiring manager for the kids to learn from .

To clarify before some people start wetting knickers - I'm not suggesting not playing kids. Just not a team predominantly of kids.

They need a scaffolding of experience to learn and take a lead from.

Guest C00l K1d

Mehdi, Stevenson, Sutton.

Whilst they aren't any better, they have experience.

You're right about the lack of experience, but i still think the kids we have bring more to the team than these 3.

Apart from maybe medhi on his day but he's far to inconsistent.

You're right about the lack of experience, but i still think the kids we have bring more to the team than these 3.

Apart from maybe medhi on his day but he's far to inconsistent.

Maybe - but the kids don't have the experience to handle a game that is getting away from them.

Whilst I don't doubt their ability - I don't see them being able to handle older more physical teams who can easily dominate them.

We're missing Zaliukas badly. There are no options whatsoever when we go forward and we have no cutting edge. Painful stuff to watch.

Thunderstruck

The kids were not the problem today. They all did well; the problem was older heads at set pieces - they should have taken charge but failed.

The kids were not the problem today. They all did well; the problem was older heads at set pieces - they should have taken charge but failed.

100% this. Woeful defending!!!

King was deservedly dropped today - if we can get Hamill back (not sure how close he is to a return), that would be ideal as Mullen is so far out of his depth at the moment.

Nelly Terraces

The most experienced part of the team has let us down 6 times in the last week. The defending has been shambolic, and above all, lazy.

Jam Tarts 1874

The "kids" were hung out to dry by one of the supposed "experienced" players. Not only a shocking defender, but his fresh air shot when he should have scored just sums him up - never liked him, has the reactions of a dinosaur.

McGlynn may have been desperate for some experience on the park, but this was McGlynn's worst decision of the season.

Darren Barr.

:facepalm:

I didn't say it was.

Whilst the goals have been down to poor defending, i think the team lacks experience and needs some more level heads to manage games where the kids can get lost.

The 2 things dont have to be mutually exclusive.

letsalllaughathobos

A lot of shit, there is more experience on the feild in our team than a no mark pish Inverness team today,

quincy adams wagstaff

The dud is doing exactlywhat vlad wants bringing youngsters through hopefully finding a gem and punting them on,nobody cares about results anymore,thats why the runt is still in a job,and as long as we keep going along and paying our money he will stay in a job.

What riles me is how McGlynn says that the young players inexperience is costing us, when he chooses to leave Taouil (as bad as he is) on the bench. I understand he has been unlucky with the likes of Grainger and Zal but still.

Wilson, Holt, Walker and Tapping all get pass marks today. I had the Lino in my way so never saw the 2 goals in the second half, but the defence were beaten 3 times and that is where we have experience.

I will just add Boaby Madden, the reason Gollum is on the EUFA list. This was his 3rd game at Tynie this season and he is shite beyond belief.

Wilson, Holt, Walker and Tapping all get pass marks today. I had the Lino in my way so never saw the 2 goals in the second half, but the defence were beaten 3 times and that is where we have experience.

I will just add Boaby Madden, the reason Gollum is on the EUFA list. This was his 3rd game at Tynie this season and he is shite beyond belief.

This ^

3 goals from set pieces, it should be dealt with. mchattie had one mistake near the end but wasnt that bad. Taouil may have experience but he;s been gash when he's played, i'd rather have holt and tapping over him. Also i think mcgowan over barr is a better option in the middle 3.

Sorry that should be UEFA

After The Watershed

So far tonight i've read its the kids, its MacDonald, its Barr, its Mullen, its Webster etc to blame for today. Last week was the same. Think its the manager myself.

At times like this the team needs to play to its strengths. We ain't doing that under mcglynn and for me something is wrong when the experienced players are making mistakes. Poor Morale? Confused by the tactics? Feel the pressure? Down to the manager again for me.

Just a guess from reading about us not being able to cover the ?1000 fee to contest Stevenson's booking,maybe we are not playing more of the senior players at the moment because we can not afford to pay their appearance/bonus money.

Thunderstruck

On reflection, that was a game where the kids did a lot that was worthy of praise. They are learning and today was much better than last week. They kept Caley on the back foot for much of the game and, again, a visiting team came with a packed defence hoping for breaks on counter-attack; they rarely threatened the Hearts goal and only got forward in numbers at set-pieces.

This is a problem Hearts have struggled with all season - lacking someone in midfield with the vision and guile to command the game.

The kids didn't deserve to lose today and were let down by the defence.

Holt's goal was a peach - Rudi-esque. Walker's shot at 2-2 was stunning and he was only thwarted by a very good save. Ngoo showed some determination and great control but got no protection from the Ref who was shocking.

Disappointed but encouraged if that isn't a strange mixture.

Not enough experienced heads who know when grit is needed and when to play the simple game.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet but this is the issue imo.

Nope.

Too shite a manager.

There's no better training than on the job training so although it's tough at the moment and the youngsters are maybe a bit inconsistent and making some mistakes, in the long-term it will benefit us. We desperately need Stevenson back though. I would replace Tapping with Stevenson and ensure Barr is in midfield as well. At least that would add some much needed experience in midfield.

Archived