Buying a suit in Edinburgh

Placid Casual

Placid Casual

Can anyone recommend a place to buy a decent suit?!

Not sure of the best place to start. Would be for occasional use only, looking to spend ?200 max.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Try Smiths Menswear just off Hunter Square on the Royal Mile. Style never goes out of fashion.

super_vlad
Can anyone recommend a place to buy a decent suit?!

Not sure of the best place to start. Would be for occasional use only, looking to spend ?200 max.

Moss bros at george street or Slaters. Should get a decent suit for that value in those stores. You can also try Celcil Gee at freckrick street, a bit more but the guys in there are really good at helping you.

Go to Slaters in George Street.

You can get a ?70 suit off the peg, or a quality designer suit from Ralphs room for ?200 plus.

Plenty of choice and extremely helpful staff.

I do prefer the Glasgow store as the girls who serve who are far more attractive than Edinburgh.

Fxxx the SPFL

Cecil Gee in Frederick Street, closing down sale got a ringspun shirt for ?18 was ?60 they have loads of stuff.

christhejambo

I'd definately reccommend Slaters. I've got my last few suits from there- excellent service, helpful staff, they do quick alterations if you need it too. Very good selection of suits within your price range aswell

I P Knightley
Go to Slaters in George Street.

You can get a ?70 suit off the peg, or a quality designer suit from Ralphs room for ?200 plus.

Plenty of choice and extremely helpful staff.

I do prefer the Glasgow store as the girls who serve who are far more attractive than Edinburgh.

And if you mess around, standing on tiptoes and stuff, you get your inside leg measured more than once...

Best suits - Slaters (aprt from your Cruise etc but we aint footballers)

Best Ties - Next or Debenhams

Best Shirts-Debenhams

speedbump
Try Smiths Menswear just off Hunter Square on the Royal Mile. Style never goes out of fashion.

Smiths???? It shut down in 1995!!!:oopsoops::oopsoops:

Legend Claws

200 should get you a not bad effort these days. Never spend less than that though.

Smiths???? It shut down in 1995!!!:oopsoops::oopsoops:

I don't remember any shop anywhere this side of markets in 3rd world countries where the staff bothered you as much as they did in Smiths.

You were no quicker through the door than you were asked what it was that you were looking for:evilno:

Placid Casual

Thanks for the tips, will check out Slaters and Cecil Gee's tomorrow.

:cheers:

Archived