Dreadlocks

ScottishSandstorm

ScottishSandstorm

I am getting them next week. Was apprehensive at first but my hair is just long enough. It will take a while to get them started but I am going through with it. Getting paid a fair bit from my mates and aunt but I think they will look cool. Has anyone on here had them? What are you peoples opinions of them?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Are you white?

conn artist

they smell so bad when they get wet, like a dog to be exact. they should be left to crusties who drink massive bottles of cider and keep dogs on a string , jamaicans and spanish techno kids. so if you are not one of those then dont bother!

upthehill

horrible, smelly, unhealthy. Dinnae expect positive attention from anything except tramps and insect life. Big mistake man, it'd be more socially acceptable to dye your hair green and follow hibs.

Dr. Bapswent

And check out these cool cats.

I bet their mothers were sooooo proud of them.

Looks good with a suit, at interviews etc.

Doesn’t ruin a wedding photo and shows great respect at funerals.

A hair style for all occasions.

And favored by many an English ya - slumming it and getting all 'ethnic' while at uni.

Get dreads, smoke roll ups, were tied died hemp and get a didgeridoo

Makes you an individual...just like all the rest.

dread_lock.jpg

dread-locks.gif

Really cool!

White people just do not suit dreadlocks at all.

Is that Side Showbob's Laddie??

If your White and Skinny, That's what you'll look like.... ;)

And check out these cool cats.

I bet their mothers were sooooo proud of them.

Looks good with a suit, at interviews etc.

Doesn?t ruin a wedding photo and shows great respect at funerals.

A hair style for all occasions.

And favored by many an English ya - slumming it and getting all 'ethnic' while at uni.

Get dreads, smoke roll ups, were tied died hemp and get a didgeridoo

Makes you an individual...just like all the rest.

dread_lock.jpg

While I think they look stupid, I fail to see how it "shows great respect at a funeral"?

I presume you are taking the mick, in which case, how does it show disrespect?

cosanostra
they smell so bad when they get wet, like a dog to be exact. they should be left to crusties who drink massive bottles of cider and keep dogs on a string , jamaicans and spanish techno kids. so if you are not one of those then dont bother!

I agree with this guy.

The only Spanish techno kid i know (my mate Santi) had dreadlocks and they smelled disgusting. He was also a cider drinking, free tekno party attending, van full of bass bins owning, ketamine loving, crusty.

There are some fashions that only look cool on brothers such as dreads, corn-rows or flat brim basebasll caps. White Scottish people just look silly.

You'll look like one of those mingers that hangs about at the Faslane peace camp getting arrested with Tommy Sheridan.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

God, what makes people want to do this to themselves?

Up there with big feck off moustaches and PONY TAILS.

Usually only seen on complete gimps.

LOL.

Never a truer word.

cosanostra

As an aside, a mate of mine has currently got a mullet / moustache combination. He looks like an absolute imbecile but he thinks it's really cool. :sad:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Dreadlocks are for black people.

End of discussion

If you happen to be of any other ethnic persuasion other than the above you'll look like a fud and smell like my dog

ScottishSandstorm

Ouch you people are brutal. I am white but if they look horrible i can always get it done to collect the money from my mates (who didn't think i would go through with it) and then shave it off or comb it out. The smell thing isn't an issue because I will not have neglect dreadlocks and therefore have good hygiene (you can wash dreads, a special shampoo is required).

we all know whats under a Pony's tail, thats right, an ar** h*le

Ouch you people are brutal. I am white but if they look horrible i can always get it done to collect the money from my mates (who didn't think i would go through with it) and then shave it off or comb it out. The smell thing isn't an issue because I will not have neglect dreadlocks and therefore have good hygiene (you can wash dreads, a special shampoo is required).

My mate was looking into getting dreads. do you not have to pay quite a bit? I mean hundreds to get the done properly?

But if the bets cover the cost or whatever. just go for it. you can always shave them off. something to tell the grandkids. grandad used to have dreads! haha

ArmiyaRomanova
As an aside, a mate of mine has currently got a mullet / moustache combination. He looks like an absolute imbecile but he thinks it's really cool. :sad:

I may throw up.

A hair option worse than dreadlocks.

There's also the Liverpudlian frizzy perm/moustache combo to consider.

ScottishSandstorm
My mate was looking into getting dreads. do you not have to pay quite a bit? I mean hundreds to get the done properly?

But if the bets cover the cost or whatever. just go for it. you can always shave them off. something to tell the grandkids. grandad used to have dreads! haha

My aunt is going to do it for me. That or I know a girl who works in a hair salon so hopefully I can get this done for free or dramatically cheaper. Part of the agreement I have in getting these is that my aunt will do them or pay for them.

Thanks for the support man. My hair isn't super long so there is a very good possibility that they will be easy to wash and won't look ridiculous. They should also be easy to get rid of.

Archived