How To Wind Up A Liverpool Fan

ronnie_fife

ronnie_fife

A Liverpool fan in my office is out for the majority of the day, what hilarious things can I do to wind him up about last night's result?

Ask him the difference between a tragedy and a cow?, when he says he doesn't know just say 'Bet you can't milk a cow!' :whistling:

Walter Bishop
A Liverpool fan in my office is out for the majority of the day, what hilarious things can I do to wind him up about last night's result?

You could always just not bother winding him up, get on with your work and grow up! ;)

Denny Crane
Ask him the difference between a tragedy and a cow?, when he says he doesn't know just say 'Bet you can't milk a cow!' :whistling:

I hope you never have a loved one crushed to death while those accountable remain unpunished.

I hope you never have a loved one crushed to death while those accountable remain unpunished.

I thought they had sent people to prison for Heysel?

Denny Crane

This could be a bit tricky for you as Liverpool fans have the very easy and strong comeback of their Euro trophy count. Even if it had been Man Ure beating the Reds last night, the pointing out of Anfield holding five Euro Cups in its trophy room does somewhat put a gas in the Glams' peep.

Your best bet could be to praise those stupid Yanks in control of the club but I'd check if you were a faster runner than your colleague first.;)

Denny Crane
I thought they had sent people to prison for Heysel?

You know fine well I'm referring to Hillsborough.

And yes I am aware that people were convicted for Heysel (and released far too early in my opinion).

You know fine well I'm referring to Hillsborough.

And yes I am aware that people were convicted for Heysel (and released far too early in my opinion).

I'm not totally convinced that the post was actually referring to Hillsborough (a tragedy that as you rightly say needs reckoning) in the first instance though, more of a general Scouse need for public showings of emotion.

Goose Baxter

Every time he is at his desk and if you sit next to him, evertime you go to get up and leave just say " I'm away to the toilet, Moscow "

Poor i know

upthehill
I'm not totally convinced that the post was actually referring to Hillsborough (a tragedy that as you rightly say needs reckoning) in the first instance though, more of a general Scouse need for public showings of emotion.

Boris had it bang on about them. As does the cow joke!!!

Robertson9

... and you'll never walk alone !

You'll never walk alone !

sign it under your breath, they hate it when "other" fans sign it.

Denny Crane

And what is wrong with that? Better out than in I'd say.

I obviously distance myself from that toff tit. :)

Denny Crane

Ah Mr Littlejohn. Glad you could join us.:rolleyes:

And what is wrong with that? Better out than in I'd say.

For some things yes, but for others it looks kind of tacky and vulgar. IMHO of course.

Liverpool are just the english sellik, always greetin and moanin about something. And scousers remind me of weejies too much ;)

and the cow joke is funny, typical british/scottish humour...

The Old Tolbooth

As a Liverpool fan, if someone said to me that Rafa's tactics last night were spot on and he was unlucky, I think I'd bite (in an office that is, not to the usual trolls on here ;))

I P Knightley

In the office this morning, I mentioned an observation that the Russian Embassy had stuck a banner up overnight drawing attention to Moscow as the host of the Final and how there was no queue outside of folk applying for visas (there's usually at least 20 at the gate).

This was no more than an innocent observation and completely overlooked the fact that there are 2 die-hard 'Pool fans who almost burst into tears.

No one has ever accused me of having the sensitivity meter switched on high.

Spot on boris! My other half is scouse and it was her that told me the joke! She and most other scousers that I know find the mass hysteria caused by the slightest thing even close to merseyside totally cringeworthy !!

Miller Jambo 60
This could be a bit tricky for you as Liverpool fans have the very easy and strong comeback of their Euro trophy count. Even if it had been Man Ure beating the Reds last night, the pointing out of Anfield holding five Euro Cups in its trophy room does somewhat put a gas in the Glams' peep.

Your best bet could be to praise those stupid Yanks in control of the club but I'd check if you were a faster runner than your colleague first.;)

Buy the SUN MA HA

Why is it that matt74 has such a chip on his shoulder about all things Liverpool.

I love how fans of a club down south can get so upset about results, its football not the end of the world.

Buy the SUN MA HA

You really are not very clever are you. Your posts suggest a mental age of about 8, yet I kow you're older.:confused:

Era Macaroons

Ask him what the score was...but before he answers do the following.

Extend both arms

Lean from side to side

and squeal loudly 'CALM DOWN CALM DOWN CALM DOWN'

normally irritates the hell out of em

Denny Crane
For some things yes, but for others it looks kind of tacky and vulgar. IMHO of course.

Of course. I'm not disputing that some take this too far but it is hardly a trait which is exclusive to Merseyside. Glaswegians, Geordies, Irish, Cockneys, Brummies etc all have members within their communities who wear their hearts on their sleeves (and then some).

:food-smiley-004:

Denny Crane
Why is it that matt74 has such a chip on his shoulder about all things Liverpool.

I love how fans of a club down south can get so upset about results, its football not the end of the world.

As explained many moons ago, I have blood ties down there. Given the nonsensical crud spouted by one or two idiots on this site, I feel they should be put right.

Think about all the usual stereotypes about Liverpool and ask yourself, if Glaswegians and everyone else started spreading the same ill-informed tripe about Edinburgh, how easy would it be to control the urge to tell them to get stuffed?

The crime/thieving one for instance always makes me laugh and wonder in disbelief how some stupidly recycle this urban myth. Two years back, the lobby group Reform did an extensive survey on cities and towns all over England and Wales and found that overall, Liverpool ranked 21st in the worst crime-rate stats (Nottingham, Leeds, Stockport, Bradford and Manchester) were the top five, with Manchester being the worst for......robbery. Liverpool didn't even come close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=387271&in_page_id=1770

Still, no doubt there are some misguided fools out there who will carry on spouting the usual nonsense from their so-called crime-free neighbourhoods.

One final thought on your "chip on his shoulder" remark. If something is talking or writing rubbish, I'm not going to stay silent because you want me to.

As explained many moons ago, I have blood ties down there. Given the nonsensical crud spouted by one or two idiots on this site, I feel they should be put right.

Think about all the usual stereotypes about Liverpool and ask yourself, if Glaswegians and everyone else started spreading the same ill-informed tripe about Edinburgh, how easy would it be to control the urge to tell them to get stuffed?

The crime/thieving one for instance always makes me laugh and wonder in disbelief how some stupidly recycle this urban myth. Two years back, the lobby group Reform did an extensive survey on cities and towns all over England and Wales and found that overall, Liverpool ranked 21st in the worst crime-rate stats (Nottingham, Leeds, Stockport, Bradford and Manchester) were the top five, with Manchester being the worst for......robbery. Liverpool didn't even come close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=387271&in_page_id=1770

Still, no doubt there are some misguided fools out there who will carry on spouting the usual nonsense from their so-called crime-free neighbourhoods.

One final thought on your "chip on his shoulder" remark. If something is talking or writing rubbish, I'm not going to stay silent because you want me to.

Fair enough. I too have family down in Liverpool.

Your point about people spreading rubbish about Edinburgh, I really wouldnt care. Just as it does'nt bother me people saying stuff about Liverpool.

Hearts fans sing songs about Hibs fans "raking bins for something to eat", I presume you avoid singing this as Hibs are a team from Edinburgh.:kiss2:

boabyarsebiscuit

Ah, so this is where they've been hiding.

Quick enough to dish it out in the Terrace. Hiding in the Shed when it all goes Pete Tong.

Denny Crane
Fair enough. I too have family down in Liverpool.

Your point about people spreading rubbish about Edinburgh, I really wouldnt care. Just as it does'nt bother me people saying stuff about Liverpool.

Hearts fans sing songs about Hibs fans "raking bins for something to eat", I presume you avoid singing this as Hibs are a team from Edinburgh.:kiss2:

Nope. Grew up from all of that.

And if you you want a kiss chummy, you'll have to buy me dinner first! ;)

tell them you'd rather have ronaldo in your team than gerrard. and just wait for the bite. better still lampard or cole.

Archived