Vladimir Romanov

Jezza

Well as this news breaks this evening along with other events its became apparent that his lack of investment in the club is because of his other financial goings on.

I've always sat on the fence with the man, grateful for keeping us at Tynie, all the money, the cups his money provided and even his rants when at the correct people. I've also went against sackings, interfering, using us as a plaything and worried about how we will end up when the smoke clears.

But lets make no mistake this man is a generous and fantastic man, whatever the motives has been a complete hero for Heart of Midlothian football club.

His bank is sinking and he will be deeply distressed and I for one would like to make it known that I deeply appreciate all he has done for our club and I hope upon hope, even when he sells the club or its taken off his hand the man ends up ok.

All the best Mr Romanov. You have thousands upon thousands of jambos who appreciate and love you big man.

tartofmidlothian

Think how good or bad a owner vlad will be remember for. Is down to whatever happens next.

We'll have his full body of work to consider them.

For that reason I'm still on the fence.

Correct. No other response applies right now.

Think how good or bad a owner vlad will be remember for. Is down to whatever happens next.

Not if unforeseen reasons has meant it's out his hands.

Well as this news breaks this evening along with other events its became apparent that his lack of investment in the club is because of his other financial goings on.

I've always sat on the fence with the man, grateful for keeping us at Tynie, all the money, the cups his money provided and even his rants when at the correct people. I've also went against sackings, interfering, using us as a plaything and worried about how we will end up when the smoke clears.

But lets make no mistake this man is a generous and fantastic man, whatever the motives has been a complete hero for Heart of Midlothian football club.

His bank is sinking and he will be deeply distressed and I for one would like to make it known that I deeply appreciate all he has done for our club and I hope upon hope, even when he sells the club or its taken off his hand the man ends up ok.

All the best Mr Romanov. You have thousands upon thousands of jambos who appreciate and love you big man.

I will always be grateful to Romanov for keeping us at Tynecastle and in some ways I think that has been his most important legacy/contribution to the club. I'm also grateful for being able to see two amazing cup victories, repeated humiliation of the wee team and also giving me belief (albeit fleeting) that we could win the league. I hope things do work out for him but lets be honest, his management of the club has been absolutely shocking. We were virtually on the verge of extinction because of his total mismanagement and some of his rants, although entertaining, have been embarassing for the club. But the things which I think are unforgiveable are his sacking of Burley and the eventual dismissal of the Riccarton Three (even if we got a good bit of cash out of it) as well as his constant interference in playing matters. So, in summary, as things stand I wouldn't change him coming to the club if I could but I just hope that the good times we had under Romanov don't come at the ultimate price.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That would only be true if we end up extinct for me.

He has kept us kept us alive and delivered 2, possibly 3 trophies in 8 years. I can't imagine anything other than the above scenario that will change how he is viewed as an owner now.

It has been amazing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I hope we pull through this in a healthier position and as a secondary concern I hope he comes out the other end with viable businesses still. He saved us eight years ago and for that I am eternally grateful.

Hey may be judged on his legacy aye but a man that has put so much of his money into the club is in a bad way this evening. I hope to **** he ends up alright.

UBIG own our club, not the bank. His legacy is still in his hands and I trust the man.

I hope he never returns to Tynie again, never delivered my best day as a jambo May 16th 98 so good riddance to a complete and utter nutjob!

Where would we be with mr Romanov? If anyone thinks we would be in a healthier postion than now then they are either **** or liars!

The man has invested more money than anyone else in our history! Yes he made mistake but unlike the rest of our owners he has paid for his mistakes out of his pocket! I hope the guy gets over his recent problems and he deserves a proper sent off from the fans when he leaves!

Where would we be with mr Romanov? If anyone thinks we would be in a healthier postion than now then they are either **** or liars!

The man has invested more money than anyone else in our history! Yes he made mistake but unlike the rest of our owners he has paid for his mistakes out of his pocket! I hope the guy gets over his recent problems and he deserves a proper sent off from the fans when he leaves!

On the brink of ruin yet you think we are healthier?

I hope he never returns to Tynie again, never delivered my best day as a jambo May 16th 98 so good riddance to a complete and utter nutjob!

Pot, Kettle, Black springs to mind!! :dizzy2:

Just popped over to Hibs.net and this thread has been quoted. They're ripping the piss out of you, Jezza. Calling you an undercover Hibs fan.

I've got a message for them.

2 cups, possibly 3, have been delivered in the last 8 years. We've split the Old Firm. Had some wonderful nights in Europe. Including Siroki Brieg & Athens in the CL and more recently Tottenham and Liverpool in the Europa League. We've had the pleasure to watch some wonderful players. Rudi, Takis, Bednar, Janny, Bruno etc. All this is only something that Hibs fans can dream off. So thank you Vlad, and all the best.

5 ******* 1.

:verysmug:

Just popped over to Hibs.net and this thread has been quoted. They're ripping the piss out of you, Jezza. Calling you an undercover Hibs fan.

2 cups, possibly 3, have been delivered in the last 8 years. We've split the Old Firm. Had some wonderful nights in Europe. Including Siroki Brieg & Athens in the CL and more recently Tottenham and Liverpool in the Europa League. We've had the pleasure to watch some wonderful players. Rudi, Takis, Bednar, Janny, Bruno etc. All this is only something that Hibs fans can dream off. So thank you Vlad, and all the best.

5 ******* 1.

Aye, but they got that 0-0 draw.

:sob:

5 ******* 1.

They just don't get it.

They are too dumb for words. We've achieved more under Vlad in the last 8 years than they have in decades. They can only look on in envy at our trophy successes and European trips. They would love to have seen guys like Rudi, Janny and Takis gracing their dung heap.

Vlad put Hibs firmly in their place mostly and treated them with the scorn and derision they deserve.

We've had ups and downs, that much is true - what we have had has been better than their meager, pitiful existence by light years.

They are used to surviving in mid table mediocrity and to being our bitches but we want and expect more from life than the shitty existence they have. We dared to dream and Mr Romanov helped us massively along the way.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The greatest non player in HMFC's history - there's not even the slightest doubt about it.

Correct

On the brink of ruin yet you think we are healthier?

For christ sake, what is it you want, blood?!! We've had eight roller coaster years, ok, ups and downs, triumphs and mistakes made. But the man took us from non-entities, about to fade away, to the brink of success we could only have dreamed about at that time. Trophies, European adventures, football to talk about and debate, interest, excitement, along with pride in being a Jambo again, long lost under Robinson. Vlad didn't bring us to the brink of ruin, he did take us to the brink of glory and for that he will have my eternal gratitude and respect. And my sincere hopes that he survives this turbulent time. As for HMFC, we will survive, no buts!!

Amen to that. It has been a quite incredible few years and assuming nothing awful happens (god forbid) I'm entirely sure I'll look back on it with nothing but massive affection. Scottish cups, Rima's golden sticks, Burleygate, Riccartongate, frog poetry, standing up (when he could) to the SFA, doing the "I'm flying!" Titanic pose in Hearts tartan at the top of Arthur's Seat on cup final day, Korobochka, wheelbarrow races & Jaffa cakes in training, hearing the Champions League music at Tynecastle, Fyssas la la la la, RUDI, Hartley, Klimek and his horse, Barasa and his ladies handbags, Csaba's brown shoes, the return of JJ, Paulo Sergio (and his cardigan), Scottish mafia, boxing with Bednar, bananas & monkey nuts in the press box, White Hart Lane, Anfield, the cup semi, the cup finals, playing against Barcelona, finding love for Zal, the enigmatic playboy Pinilla (& his hairband), that bloody Larry Kingston ...

I could go on forever with this stuff, and crucially it all happened (mostly) right at home at Tynecastle Park. Things could easily have been so much different.

Must be a hellish time right now. I'll definitely be rooting for him. What an unforgettable few years he gave us. Best of luck Vlad.

(And yes, I'm aware there's other less fun stuff too but in years to come that's not what we'll remember so I'm sticking 100% with the positive for this one. Mean every word too.)

Amen to that. It has been a quite incredible few years and assuming nothing awful happens I'm entirely sure I'll look back on it with nothing but massive affection. Scottish cups, Rima's golden sticks, Burleygate, Riccartongate, frog poetry, standing up (when he could) to the SFA, doing the "I'm flying!" Titanic pose in Hearts tartan at the top of Arthur's Seat on cup final day, Korobochka, wheelbarrow races & Jaffa cakes in training, hearing the Champions League music at Tynecastle, Fyssas la la la la, RUDI, Hartley, Klimek and his horse, Barasa and his ladies handbags, Csaba's brown shoes, the return of JJ, Paulo Sergio (and his cardigan), Scottish mafia, boxing with Bednar, bananas & monkey nuts in the press box, White Hart Lane, Anfield, the cup semi, the cup finals, playing against Barcelona, finding love for Zal, the enigmatic playboy Pinilla (& his hairband), that bloody Larry Kingston ...

I could go on forever with this stuff, and crucially it all happened (mostly) right at home at Tynecastle Park. Things could easily have been so much different.

Must be a hellish time right now. I'll definitely be rooting for him. What an unforgettable few years he gave us. Best of luck Vlad.

Brilliant post redm. Sums it up nicely!! :282:

That's been obvious to everyone bar demented hat-kickers for several months.

You've changed your tune a bit since a few months ago, haven't you?

Romanovs a ******* shitebag. Sorry if that upsets folk. He also doesn't give a shite about the club or the support, again sorry if that upsets people.

Always sat on the fence :rofl:

They just don't get it.

They are too dumb for words. We've achieved more under Vlad in the last 8 years than they have in decades. They can only look on in envy at our trophy successes and European trips. They would love to have seen guys like Rudi, Janny and Takis gracing their dung heap.

Vlad put Hibs firmly in their place mostly and treated them with the scorn and derision they deserve.

We've had ups and downs, that much is true - what we have had has been better than their meager, pitiful existence by light years.

They are used to surviving in mid table mediocrity and to being our bitches but we want and expect more from life than the shitty existence they have. We dared to dream and Mr Romanov helped us massively along the way.

As Hearts supporters we've enjoyed more success in 8 years than they'll get in their entire lifetime. Never mind, they've got a barn in Newcastle, an empty 'completed' stadium and rising debt to go along with relegation battles.

Better to live a day as a lion than a lifetime as a Hibs fan.

5 ******* 1.

They can go away and sook my root the bunch of sad ******s waiting on there superior rivals to fall.

02/04/06.

In fact demolition derbies....

02/04/06

Numerous humpings.

Shoes off when you won the diddy.

Numerous more humpings

Sir Paul and Takis on the Mic "champions league la la la" (greatest moment ever until)

May 19th 2012.

Enough said.

Hibs have **** all to gloat about. Nothing.

Redm and Cosa putting it nicely. Great OP too.

I started writing mine before I saw his. Honest. :biggrin:

It's a point worth making repeatedly anyhow.

You've changed your tune a bit since a few months ago, haven't you?

Always sat on the fence :rofl:

See my posts on the thread about Ukio becoming insolvent. My posts are all over the shop as my worry for the club is. It takes a bigger man to admit I was wrong though and I've changed my opinion. Sorry.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I started writing mine before I saw his. Honest. :biggrin:

It's a point worth making repeatedly anyhow.

We have been the kids lucky enough to enjoy a golden era. Here's to an iron gut and a stoic resolution as we venture out in to our brave new world... Knees still shaky after alighting the craziest rollercoaster in the SPL Theme-park.

As Hearts supporters we've enjoyed more success in 8 years than they'll get in their entire lifetime. Never mind, they've got a barn in Newcastle, an empty 'completed' stadium and rising debt to go along with relegation battles.

Better to live a day as most other things than a lifetime as a Hibs fan.

Hibs are the definition of monotony, playing it safe, living a quiet and dull life and never daring to look to the stars and wish for more.

Hearts are something else entirely.

Vlad saw it and so did the SMG guys at the time. We're the only club that has any sort of potential to upset the Old Firm over a season. Everyone knows it, especially Hibs fans. They are and always will be in our shadow.

At my age I talk when I can about the halcyon days of the Fifties, Wullie Bauld, Tommy Walker, Alec Young etc, fifty years from now when you are in the pub after another Hearts Cup win, and you are asked about Hearts when you were young you will be saying, oh we won some Cups, went to Europe, but I will never forget the Romanov years.

I'd also add that Mr Romanov's legacy will be the academy.

It wouldn't be what it is today without the years of investment, scouting and faith he showed in the correct people.

Over time that will be what sustains us after this rocky patch. People say he didn't have a plan, but the way the academy has evolved suggests otherwise. Another string to Mr Romanov's bow.

Perfectly put.

Know what? It actually makes me all smug when I hear/read them getting all worked up every time discussion on either Vlad or our financial difficulties pops up. It genuinely does. Because they know, just as we do, that they'd give an arm and a leg to have even a sniff of that sort of experience.

Do they despise Vlad? Damn straight they do, but it's certainly not because he didn't run our club in a hibs-approved sort of way. If you think about it, it's really no wonder they have such terrible, agonising issues with him. :laugh:

At my age I talk when I can about the halcyon days of the Fifties, Wullie Bauld, Tommy Walker, Alec Young etc, fifty years from now when you are in the pub after another Hearts Cup win, and you are asked about Hearts when you were young you will be saying, oh we won some Cups, went to Europe, but I will never forget the Romanov years.

Hope so bob and hope your doing well too mate.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Perfectly put.

Know what? It actually makes me all smug when I hear/read them getting all worked up every time discussion on either Vlad or our financial difficulties pops up. It genuinely does. Because they know, just as we do, that they'd give an arm and a leg to have even a sniff of that sort of experience.

Do they despise Vlad? Damn straight they do, but it's certainly not because he didn't run our club in a hibs-approved sort of way. If you think about it, it's really no wonder they have such terrible, agonising issues with him. :laugh:

I was thinking exactly the same as your last paragraph just now. It's actually very telling that they hate him so much... :smug:

Amen to that. It has been a quite incredible few years and assuming nothing awful happens (god forbid) I'm entirely sure I'll look back on it with nothing but massive affection. Scottish cups, Rima's golden sticks, Burleygate, Riccartongate, frog poetry, standing up (when he could) to the SFA, doing the "I'm flying!" Titanic pose in Hearts tartan at the top of Arthur's Seat on cup final day, Korobochka, wheelbarrow races & Jaffa cakes in training, hearing the Champions League music at Tynecastle, Fyssas la la la la, RUDI, Hartley, Klimek and his horse, Barasa and his ladies handbags, Csaba's brown shoes, the return of JJ, Paulo Sergio (and his cardigan), Scottish mafia, boxing with Bednar, bananas & monkey nuts in the press box, White Hart Lane, Anfield, the cup semi, the cup finals, playing against Barcelona, finding love for Zal, the enigmatic playboy Pinilla (& his hairband), that bloody Larry Kingston ...

(And yes, I'm aware there's other less fun stuff too but in years to come that's not what we'll remember so I'm sticking 100% with the positive for this one. Mean every word too.)

this.

I was thinking exactly the same as your last paragraph just now. It's actually very telling that they hate him so much... :smug:

Wouldn't say they hate him.

Jealous as **** and for all these years scared as ****.

Jealous hibee pricks. To a man. Would rather us fail than there own shitey wee mob succeed.

Perfectly put.

Course they hate him. He was single-handedly responsible for 8 years of hurt.

13 in a row, countless 4 goal hammerings, 02.04.06, 19.05.12, having to watch your rivals playing top Premiership sides in Europe, having to watch your rivals lift 2, possibly 3, trophies in quick succession ... he has utterly humiliated them for almost a decade :rofl:

They mask their seethe behind false laughter but everyone knows the score. You only had to witness their reactions in May to see the truth and this latest campaign against 'cheating' which has seen the more demented among them file for FOI and emailing the English FA with all sorts of nonsense.

The beauty of it is despite his relentless destruction of Hibs, I can't recall him ever acknowledging their existence.

Never have so few trolled so many. Think it was Churchill who said that.

:glorious:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wouldn't say they hate him.

Jealous as **** and for all these years scared as ****.

Jealous hibee pricks. To a man. Would rather us fail than there own shitey wee mob succeed.

They are obsessed with the man... Bet you'd find a hell of a lot more "Vladimir Romanovs" in your average dotnutters search history cache than you would find "Tom Farmers".

I think its hate for many of them mate. :smug:

If we get through this with new owners and no debt, the crazy diamond Vlad really will deserve some sort of gesture from the fans for what he's done for the club.

No idea what this might entail though. I'm not suggesting a statue exactly but he will have done a remarkable thing for us and the club that makes up a big part of our lives.

Obviously premature and we'll have to wait and see how the next few months plays out but it was just a thought.

They are obsessed with the man... Bet you'd find a hell of a lot more "Vladimir Romanovs" in your average dotnutters search history cache than you would find "Tom Farmers".

I think its hate for many of them mate. :smug:

Agree and you would probably find more search history on "hearts lose" than "hibs win" too.

Aye your probably right. I like they hate him though. Means he got it right up that bunch of weasly wankers.

Course they hate him. He was single-handedly responsible for 8 years of hurt.

13 in a row, countless 4 goal hammerings, 02.04.06, 19.05.12, having to watch your rivals playing top Premiership sides in Europe, having to watch your rivals lift 2, possibly 3, trophies in quick succession ... he has utterly humiliated them for almost a decade :rofl:

They mask their seethe behind false laughter but everyone knows the score. You only had to witness their reactions in May to see the truth and this latest campaign against 'cheating' which has seen the more demented among them file for FOI and emailing the English FA with all sorts of nonsense.

The beauty of it is despite his relentless destruction of Hibs, I can't recall him ever acknowledging their existence.

Never have so few trolled so many. Think it was Churchill who said that.

:glorious:

I like this :D

And it's very true. He's never once spoke about/mentioned Hibs. To Vlad, Hibs are nothing more than a nugget of dug shite on the very bottom of his shoe.

Chad Sexington

One of the many great achievments of Mr Romanov's reign is that, after the glorious events of 19th May, the vemin have been left lying on the floor, wailing like the pathetic bitches they are. :smuggy:

Walter Bishop

Have to echo most of the sentiments on this thread, it has been a pleasure following HMFC through the Romanov years, the man will go down in the history books alongside all the legends of our famous club.

19/05/2012 - The most important derby of all will be remembered for a lifetime and will never ever be matched. The Hobos will hurt forever thanks to Romanov.

Archived