Computer Help Needed

RoyCropper

Right as i explained a week or so back i keep getting the following message when i start up:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt

C:\windows\system32\config\system

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-Rom. Select "r" at the first screen to start repair.

Now after Internet research i have reliased i need to press F8 which should take me to the boot menu where i can select "Last Known Config" etc but i just get a menu displaying 3 main headings saying Removable, Hard Disk, CDROM. I have tried to put in windows xp cd but also nothing happens.

PLEASE HELP!:mad:

Sexton Hardcastle

I had this on this computer and had to get a new hard drive. But i think you can just put in the original disc and re format the drive. Obv you would loose everything so back up/ save things. Format it and it should be brand new. Put your old programes on it and bada bing..?

I had that , I had to tap F10 really quickly , now its okay. Only thing was it was back to it had just come out the factory...

The Wicker Man

You are hitting the key too soon - what you have is the boot menu from the bios - wait a few seconds longer.

Right new problem installed xp pro was running xp home before and cant get past like start up screen. Its stuck there.

Jamie_the_Jambo
Right as i explained a week or so back i keep getting the following message when i start up:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt

C:\windows\system32\config\system

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-Rom. Select "r" at the first screen to start repair.

Now after Internet research i have reliased i need to press F8 which should take me to the boot menu where i can select "Last Known Config" etc but i just get a menu displaying 3 main headings saying Removable, Hard Disk, CDROM. I have tried to put in windows xp cd but also nothing happens.

PLEASE HELP!:mad:

I can fix this for you. I have the means. PM me for details.

Jamie

Archived