poll for people who are or have been with the HBOS

Quagmire

which statement relates to you most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which statement relates to you most?

• i'm with them and they're grrrrrrrrreat!
    • i'm with them and they've been acceptable most of the time
    • i'm with them and i've had some bad experiences with them
    • i'm with them but i'm having regular bad experiences and am thinking of transferring
    • i'm with them but they are utter cretins - no idea why i've not transfered yet (like me for ages)
    • i was with them, saw the light and told them to shove it

I like my work loads more now than I did before just because they've made you this angry.

I still don't really like my work.

Jamie_the_Jambo

I told them where to go ages ago.

Here's the deal. There was lots of great mortgage deals on the go at the time and I thought I should change mortgage and save myself some cash. First, out of courtesy I went to the bank and asked them if they would match the offer I was being given. They laughed at me and said no. Having done my sums I said that if they were to give me the same rate and terms that over the term of the mortgage they would still make ?50,000+ in interest. They still said no. Well, if they can afford to turn down ?50,000 worth of business then ****** them. I moved. Plenty other banks wanted my money. Stupid arrogant tosspots.

Jamie.

portobellojambo1

Although I work in the financial services sector I have never worked in banking, but I do bank personally with The Bank of Scotland, and have never had any problems with them, now 52, opened my account when I was 13.

I went for option 1 on that basis, although describing them as great in conversation is not the sort of language I would use, would have preferred if the option had just said "never had any problems".

Everyone I know who is with them has already left them or is planning to do so in the near future.

Not a good report card.

Archived