"Celtic are a much bigger global brand than Manchester United..."

Gregory House M.D.

Gregory House M.D.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sports-hotline-fans-not-happy-1570386

How is it even possible that some of these throbbers actually believe this mince?

Also, does the guy spouting this pish think "Global" is a country on the continent? "There's lots of Celtic clubs over there."

Just ******* :cornette:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Septic like to think of themselves as the ubiquitous Oirish pub in every city in the world.

The reality is somewhat different.

If they like to think of themselves as Irish...then why don't they move to Ireland? Just a thought like. Wouldn't they sooner be playing the likes of Cork and Waterford etc. Do us all a favour. And you can take the Welsh clubs back to Wales as i'm sure that UEFA stated that there will be no cross border teams in football when considering the Newco situation.

BangkokHearts

The last persons I saw wearing Celtic taps over here were locals; a homeless child and a tramp sleeping on a bench.

They will never, ever be as big as Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and the rest in Asia. They are on par with the likes of Middlesbrough and Blackburn popularity wise over here.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Alan McGaw, Alloa , said: ?Dundee United chairman Steven Thompson says he has sold tickets to Rangers supporters so if some fans do turn up then he has to take the responsibility.?

:awful:

Optimus Prime

The last persons I saw wearing Celtic taps over here were locals; a homeless child and a tramp sleeping on a bench.

They will never, ever be as big as Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and the rest in Asia. They are on par with the likes of Middlesbrough and Blackburn popularity wise over here.

I think if Celtic were in the Premiership that would change considerably. Interesting you mention Chelsea who like Man City would have had nowhere near the popularity in South East Asia if it wasn't for their recent change of fortunes.

Let's be honest, he may as well have just said "There are more catholics than Manchester United fans in the world".

It's nothing to do with religion, Celtic are all welcoming and bigotry free.

Nope, it's the Irish diaspora that makes them the biggest, most famous football club on earth dontcha know.

I don't know why I bothered reading that "article", utter rot and 5 minutes of my life I'm not going to get back. Hardly in the job and Gordon Strachan is coming under fire from people. God, as a nation we really are a pessimistic bunch of miserable ****'s sometimes!

Yep, wrong side of the bed :-)

I think if Celtic were in the Premiership that would change considerably. Interesting you mention Chelsea who like Man City would have had nowhere near the popularity in South East Asia if it wasn't for their recent change of fortunes.

You could say that about any team in Asia.

Asian fans are not going to follow any old shyte.

From my experience, most people in Ireland don't even give a t*ss about Celtic let alone in Asia etc. I can't see Scott Brown and co being mobbed by thousands of Asian fans like Man Utd players are if/when they tour Thailand etc!

Celtic have been recognised as a leading global football brand by Nike. If I remember correctly they selected about 6 clubs and promote them throughout their international network of stores.

To suggest that the Celtic brand is bigger or of a similar size to Man Utd is laughable.

SmokeyHMFC1994

Celtic fans are so deluded,they actually believe they have the greatest fans in the world?

The only british teams that are Global IMO are Man Utd and Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Chelsea.

Celtic Bigger than Man Utd :facepalm:

Archived