Aberdeen want John Sutton

Wilson

Things is he will pribably do quite well at Aberdeen.They will just partner him with McGinn.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Dont care if he bangs them in for other teams, he doesn't bang them in for us and is on a different wavelength to the majority of our up and coming team.

If we can get money for John Sutton that would be unbelevable.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Dont care if he bangs them in for other teams, he doesn't bang them in for us and is on a different wavelength to the majority of our up and coming team.

This, to be honest I would prefer a straight swap with any up-and-coming youngsters that Aberdeen may have!

Chad Sexington

Bang on the money.

How much do we need to pay them?

PMSL, I think we can probably arrange for his 'services' that we shouldn't have to give them more than ?9.99 (or two white t-shirts) ;p

It just hasn't worked out for him here for whatever reason. He's a goal scorer and I can guarantee he will start banging them in again for his next club!

Would rather he didn't stay in Scotland, would much rather he went down to some league 1 side or something!

lost in space

I really dont think Aberdeen will pay anything like ?100,000. He is on a big wage and we are keen to reduce our wage bill and maybe make a place for a signing. Aberdeen will either offer to take him off our hand for free or offer a small fee (?25,000 ?). I also dont think they will let us have one of their youngsters.

Why would we let our top scorer go for free to a rival SPL club? :dizzy2:

Granted he's not the best, but with Paterson out injured. Smith also not in the picture, we'd only have Ngoo as our option for a striker.

Granted he's not the best, but with Paterson out injured. Smith also not in the picture, we'd only have Ngoo as our option for a striker.

To get him off the wage bill.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It just hasn't worked out for him here for whatever reason. He's a goal scorer and I can guarantee he will start banging them in again for his next club!

How can you guarantee that? He scored one goal on loan to an Australian team who won their league.

Drewjambobusby

If he does go, watch him start banging them in.

He will. Then maybe Pa Broon will see, what our manager didn`t. For covers sake would be a bad move for us. For financial reasons a good one maybe.

Just hope the decision doesn`t come back to haunt us if it goes through.

I've always said and will continue to support the theory that it's the way Hearts play and not that every striker who comes to Hearts is rubbish. One ball was the difference between a win and a draw last night and Sutton and Ngoo would both thrive off a service as good as that all the time. There were a lot of misses opportunities to get the ball into the box earlier last night, although I won't complain because i thought we were excellent all game!

Is Zal not our top scorer?

Says it all really that I don't know if there is any difference between our centre half and striker when it comes to goals scored!

I cant ever remember Sutton having a Nade type performance where he misses glaring opportunities. We play him as a target man when he seems more of a penalty box striker...to which we do not really create enough chances for.

How can you guarantee that? He scored one goal on loan to an Australian team who won their league.

I know, he has also been shit for us! Just that he has scored goals at every other Scottish club he has played for. I think he's still a decent player but it's just not going to work out here for him now.

Would you like to see him end up at Aberdeen? I think he would strengthen them and would much rather see him disappear to another league.

Sutton is away at the end of the season anyway. If we have to sell Templeton and McGowan due to our financial situation then we can bloody well get rid of John Sutton.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

works well when partnered up front with paterson or smith or when he has two wingers playing up

its when he's stuck up there isolated with no support i.e. against hibs, celtic that he looks out of sorts and isnt mobile enough to do a shift on his own

I'd like to keep Sutton.

He is a proven goal scorer, we just need to play him with a partner up front, not as a lone striker.

5 minutes last night showed what he can do.

Although not a lot of time saving of his wage may allow us the opportunity to attract another good under 21 player as would expect Sutton to be on more than the youth player we got rid off i.e. allow us to pay more to any potential loan player ?

I know, he has also been shit for us! Just that he has scored goals at every other Scottish club he has played for. I think he's still a decent player but it's just not going to work out here for him now.

Would you like to see him end up at Aberdeen? I think he would strengthen them and would much rather see him disappear to another league.

Sutton is a good player when played with a partner. Him and Ngoo will be brilliant together. Needs to stay.

Sutton is a good player but to get the best out of him the team has to be set up to suit him up front himself and booting long high balls up to won't work. I'd like to see sutton and ngoo form a partnership.

Sutton proved last night how important he can be. It would be a bad bad piece of business to let him go to Aberdeen could end up costing us a european place or a higher finish in the league and the extra money that would bring. In any case if Ngoo gets injured or suspended we'd be left with no cover.

Ryan Stevenson did more for us playing up front on his own during his first spell than John Sutton has.

If it means getting him off the wage bill I'd happily move him on during this window.

Sutton is a good player but to get the best out of him the team has to be set up to suit him up front himself and booting long high balls up to won't work. I'd like to see sutton and ngoo form a partnership.

Sutton proved last night how important he can be. It would be a bad bad piece of business to let him go to Aberdeen could end up costing us a european place or a higher finish in the league and the extra money that would bring. In any case if Ngoo gets injured or suspended we'd be left with no cover.

That is a fair argument.

John Sutton is pony!

Not buying into this nonesense that if we played 2 up top he'd be good!!!

It won't improve his movement, ability to jump, finishing and his touch. Which all are terrible for someone playing in the SPL.

Get him of the books ASAP, no loss to us but a monthly financial gain.

jamboinglasgow

think it will be the best for both parties. Sutton can be a good striker but he needs a team built around him, it is just not going to happen at Hearts. So we get rid of Sutton, get a bit of money, free up the wages and bring in a loan player more suited for our team.

Sad to lose either tbh but wouldn't be surprised of few went today.

Today is defo a day for a sneak peak behind the hands hoping for no news on departures.

Disagree. Sutton is NOT a good player. He has no pace and his ball skills are threadbare. He relies on strength and instinct.

He does, however, know how to score goals and if the team is set up to support him he'll do that. Are Hearts prepared to make a fundamental switch from their strategic set up (which is coached throughout all the teams from the kids up) to accommodate Sutton ? I doubt it.

Wellllll.....if he was to go to any club in scotland you will find there will be no fee at all......in effect regardless of your thoughts on him any club taking him off our hands in scotland would finacially be helping us out...outwith scotland maybe a small nominal fee but your crazy if you think any club would pay a fee in this country for him....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm not too bothered where he goes mate, as long as its off our wage bill.

All the best to him but he's really been an abysmal player for us.

Really not fussed either way, if we could push for 50K and get a striker in on loan today id be happy to see him go. If Ngoo picks up a knock and Sutton goes all we are left with up top is Smith and Carrick which would be worrying

Is Zal not our top scorer?

Says it all really that I don't know if there is any difference between our centre half and striker when it comes to goals scored!

Says more about you really.

Suttons been average at best during his time at Hearts.

Move him on, get a large chunk off our wage bill and get a loan player in.

I think it would be sheer folly of Hearts to get rid of JS at a time when he is our only recognised senior striker. We've brought Ngoo in but while he's shown a real hunger and ability to get involved and on the scoresheet... we can't rely on him for the remainder of the season.

If JS comes off the bench in every game from now and contributes a goal or an assist to help us push up the table then JM is getting the best out of him.

I'd also like to see him and Ngoo start a game up front together, Stevo or Holt in behind.

I think it would be sheer folly of Hearts to get rid of JS at a time when he is our only recognised senior striker. We've brought Ngoo in but while he's shown a real hunger and ability to get involved and on the scoresheet... we can't rely on him for the remainder of the season.

If JS comes off the bench in every game from now and contributes a goal or an assist to help us push up the table then JM is getting the best out of him.

I'd also like to see him and Ngoo start a game up front together, Stevo or Holt in behind.

If he isn't good enough to make the team then he needs to go. As mentioned already we had to get rid of Templeton and Ryan McGowan.

He wasn't good enough to make the team before Ngoo was signed!

I really want to see Gordon Smith playing just off Ngoo.

Unless we are bringing in another striker, we need to keep him until the end of the season. What happens if we let him go and Ngoo picks up an injury before the cup final? I also think he would be far better served with the young guys in the team now providing crosses than he was previously.

If he isn't good enough to make the team then he needs to go. As mentioned already we had to get rid of Templeton and Ryan McGowan.

He wasn't good enough to make the team before Ngoo was signed!

I really want to see Gordon Smith playing just off Ngoo.

Not saying he's the answer all I'm saying is that he's a striker at a time when we are short on experience up front and he's got the ability to change a game as an impact sub... against Dundee for example.

He's rated ahead of Smith by management and I'm sure they know a little more than we do.

If we were signing a proven striker I could see him as surplus to requirements but not at mo. we can't cut the squad to deep at this stage of the season.

Temps and McGowan were assets that we had to cash in on but we have decent cover for... up front we are threadbare.

Archived