UFO (merged threads)

Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

For those of you at the match tonight, did any of you spot a UFO whizzing past the sky during the match in the 2nd half? It definitely wasn't a plane!

maroonlegions

For those of you at the match tonight, did any of you spot a UFO whizzing past the sky during the match in the 2nd half? It definitely wasn't a plane!

Saw nothing myself but the more information one can supply the better, probably a meteorite.You can submit a report of it to this organisation called MUFON who will look into it if they deem it strange enough.They will protect your privacy also.

Some simple questions for anyone involved in seeing something in the sky (that seems to them anyway), strange or out of the ordinary,especially if the "flight characteristics" (with complete lack of noise or sound emanating from object/light source of an object/light),are not what they are used to seeing, strange manoeuvrability capabilities of objects/lights are important to list if you happen to witness them.

Detailed Description of the UFO Event: required

Tell us your story, from the beginning describing everything as it happened. Be as detailed as possible.

Once you have finished writing your narrative please go back, read it, and make sure it includes the following points:

1. Where were you and what were you doing at the time?

2. What made you first notice the object?

3. What did you think the object was when you first noticed it?

4. Describe the object and its actions and motions in detail.

5. Describe your feelings, reactions and actions, during and after sighting the object.

6. How did you lose sight of the object?

link for reporting anything you deem as having high levels of strangeness;

http://www.mufon.com/reportufo.html

I thought it was a Chinese Lantern burning out, but if it was Aliens then I hope they paid to spy on our players, if they know of our players they must know we are skint too.

Did anyone else see it? Thought it was a firework at first but it was moving fast with flames. Also looked very close. Just wondering if anyone else saw it??

It was a police helicopter using 'night sun' searchlight. They were on the hunt for The Thumb who had just chored a blind person's white stick on a number 3 bus.

I saw it. I'm now off to read all those long winded posts in the shed, I'm a believer!

Was it a comet?

Thought there might have been something on the news about it today.

Never saw it, but it wasn't a comet.

Didn't see it from the Gorgie stand, but I wouldn't think it'd be a meteor, unless the skies were clear before the rain started lashing down during the 2nd half.

Gregory House M.D.

Never saw it, but it wasn't a comet.

It was.

Gregory House M.D.

It was like a white ball with a pinkish streak at the back of it. It was extraordinarily close but moved far too fast and steady to be a firework. Also far too bright.

Walter Bishop

I saw it, thought I was going daft until I heard someone behind me talking about it! I made a point of noting the time in the game it happened in case a thread appeared, it was right after billy kings sitter in the 2nd half.

It was the Star of Bethlegorgie. It was a signal to kings and wise men to come and witness the little lord Rudi putting pen to paper for next season. This happened in a manger (whatever that is) in Gorgie Farm.

Remember catching something out the corner of my eye and said to my brother it looked like a firework, think it was pishing down at the time so probably wasn't :lol:

How do you know if you didn't see it?

There are 2 comets that go past this year, which we have good chance of seeing in the northern hemisphere. First one roughly 13th March and second one end of November should it survive going past the sun. If it survives its pass of the sun, it will be very bright, so bright it may be visible during daylight.

How do you know if you didn't see it?

Presumably because the description doesn't sound like a comet.

Comets are objects out in space, they're usually made up of rock/ice and so you can see what looks like a dust trail coming off them. They're rarely visible to the human eye.

When a wee chunk breaks off a comet (known as a meteoroid) then goes into our atmosphere and burns up in our atmosphere (and streaks across the sky), that's a meteor. That's what people seem to be describing here. If it hits the earth, that's a meteorite. That's probably an over simplification, but screw it.

tl/dr:

Comet- big thing in space.

Meteoroid- wee thing broken off a big thing in space.

Meteor- wee thing flying through our atmosphere.

Meteorite- wee thing smashed into your kitchen, killed your cat.

Maroonlegions, I've just seen a rapidly blinking red and white light move erratically across the sky for about a minute. Should I prepare to be anally probed?

maroonlegions

Maroonlegions, I've just seen a rapidly blinking red and white light move erratically across the sky for about a minute. Should I prepare to be anally probed?

Nope but you should be prepared to be call a liar and a very poor pesh taker,now jog off and do some real research, oh that's right you diinae ken where to start do you.

maroonlegions

Presumably because the description doesn't sound like a comet.

Comets are objects out in space, they're usually made up of rock/ice and so you can see what looks like a dust trail coming off them. They're rarely visible to the human eye.

When a wee chunk breaks off a comet (known as a meteoroid) then goes into our atmosphere and burns up in our atmosphere (and streaks across the sky), that's a meteor. That's what people seem to be describing here. If it hits the earth, that's a meteorite. That's probably an over simplification, but screw it.

tl/dr:

Comet- big thing in space.

Meteoroid- wee thing broken off a big thing in space.

Meteor- wee thing flying through our atmosphere.

Meteorite- wee thing smashed into your kitchen, killed your cat.

Good post ,If people were only more educated eh.

Nope but you should be prepared to be call a liar and a very poor pesh taker,now jog off and do some real research, oh that's right you diinae ken where to start do you.

:lol:

I was being deadly serious.

Edit: And wtf are you on about, research? Watching B-Movies and eating too much cheese late at night?

maroonlegions

:lol:

I was being deadly serious.

Edit: And wtf are you on about, research? Watching B-Movies and eating too much cheese late at night?

Well there we have it, case solved ,cheers and to think no signs of anal probing at all, good work, you should do this full time. Now i am off to have some welsh rare bit and watch the below movie, hopefully its not real but i will ask you tomorrow . :10900:

If you are serious about what you saw then i would encourage you to go down the correct channels of reporting it on the link i gave in this thread.

UFO: It started with a blackout, all power and communications down. Hours later city sized UFO?s invade the world?s skies. Then the war began? Five friends attempt to navigate their way to survival amidst deteriorating chaos as the world descends into terror and anarchy during an alien invasion and interstellar war

2736990_UFO_2012.jpg:laugh: :laugh:

• Currently 2.72/5

(109 votes)

Released: December 14, 2012 Genres: Sci-Fi Countries: UK Director: Dominic Burns Actors: Adam Dakin Allistair McNab Andrew Shim Bianca Bree Daniel BowkerDominic Burns Emilyne Mondo Emma Buckley Forbes KB James MerryJazz Lintott Jean-Claude Van Damme Joey Ansah Josh Nolan Julian Glover Maya Grant Patricia Rybarczyk Peter Barrett Raji James Robert Stone Sean Brosnan Sean Pertwee Simon Phillips Tom Higgins

maroonlegions

UFOs Seeing Is Believing

UFOs Seeing Is Believing: For decades there have been sightings of UFOs by millions and millions of people. It is a mystery that only science can solve, and yet the phenomenon remains largely unexamined. Most of the reporting on this subject by the mainstream media holds those who claim to have seen UFOs up to ridicule.

2160721_UFOs_Seeing_Is_Believing_2008.jpg

• Currently 3.94/5

(47 votes)

Released: September 16, 2008 Runtime: 90 mins Genres: Sci-Fi Countries: USA Director: Rudy Bednar Actors: No Famous Actors Soundtrack: Click here to check

link for film documentary;

http://www.1channel.ch/external.php?title=UFOs+Seeing+Is+Believing&url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS93YXRjaD92PWFNR2ROQzQ1LVZz&domain=eW91dHViZS5jb20=&loggedin=1

Archived