We're going to win the league cup

Jezza

Gregory House M.D.

Told you all this a matter of weeks after the big final.

:glorious:

Just sayin' yasssssss.

Seriously think our name is on it

look at these facts or is it just fate when it comes to cups

10 men against Utd in Quater Final, We win on pens, Zal takes 1st pen I think, same again happens yesterday against Inverness and we win on pens.

Lump everything u have on the wee cup coming home to Gorgie

Dear o deary me, please stop this chat counting our chickens and all that. By all means be confident but to think it is won is bollocks.

chester copperpot

I said yesterday we would win it when Mckay missed that chance in extra time.

My thoughts have got stronger sinve then.

Copperpots gut feeling is very rarely wrong folks, remember my quote on Friday night?

St midden will fancy there chances against us to!! Don't fall into the wee team mentality of already won it, it's written in stars, it's our year etc.....

We just cannot be complacent. Remember the 2006 final against Gretna? We will have to give it everything to win this game.

A great chance certainly. However our cup record v St Mirren includes notable defeats in 1987 and 2010. It will not be easy.

We just cannot be complacent. Remember the 2006 final against Gretna? We will have to give it everything to win this game.

Aye, we won. I'll be delighted if we do the same against St Mirren.

We have a very good defense, even with Zal out, MacDonald, Mullen Webster Wilson McHattie.

Our midfield has a good mix of youth and experience, we could have Tapping, Holt, Barr, Stevenson, Taouil, McGowan.

On the wings we have Walker, Novikovas, Driver usually has a good game at Hampden and Hamill may be back.

Up front we have a few more options, Sutton, Smith and NGOOOOO.

john brownlee

Hands up wrong on both counts.............. But more than happy with times like this, I love being wrong

said smellic and Ict would win.......... now we just have to get above sixth

and I will have to put up some orher appendeges(spl)

goan Hearts prove me wrong again

Jam Tarts 1874

I am confident that if Ngoo plays, we will win. Just as last season's big cup it was all about whether or not Beattie would be involved in the semi.

Mods please delete threads like this!!!!

agreed !

memories of a freezing cold afternoon on the east terraces of Hampden Park watching Frank McGarvie scoring to make it 2-1 in the last five minutes of the Cup semi-final in a match we were supposed to stroll through come flooding back...

agreed !

memories of a freezing cold afternoon on the east terraces of Hampden Park watching Frank McGarvie scoring to make it 2-1 in the last five minutes of the Cup semi-final in a match we were supposed to stroll through come flooding back...

Or alternatively a Billy Mehmet goal clinching a league cup semi back in 2010 in JJ's second game back at Fir Park in a very insipid Hearts performance. St Mirren will not be an easy match, although if we play as well as we can and retain all our key players beyond Thursday evening, then there is no reason why we cant win.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Both teams will fancy their chances. I hope it's the St Midden that played Ross Co last week

JennytheJambo

Steady! we had the same feeling when we were drawn v Gretna (well we know the outcome) and we had a much better team on that day, though I feel more confident in beating St Midden than Celtic, I just hope the youngsters are able to handle the occasion.

Sure last spring you could have read a lot of threads like this from Hibs supporters saying OUR win v Celtic in the semi had given THEM the cup. Won't be making that mistake especially as our record v StM in the later stages of cups is very poor. Also they played really well today - not just gutsy or lucky but good.

Arthur Morgan

No real need to set us up for a fall.

Confidence is one thing. Arrogance is embarrassing and stupid.

This. Let's not be too cocky.

stood at the big cup final and said top the wife wed win the wee cup this season!!

YYYAAASSSSSS

Seriously think our name is on it

look at these facts or is it just fate when it comes to cups

10 men against Utd in Quater Final, We win on pens, Zal takes 1st pen I think, same again happens yesterday against Inverness and we win on pens.

Lump everything u have on the wee cup coming home to Gorgie

Sutton took first pen against United and missed Zal took one of the later ones. :cool4:

yabadabadoo1874again

Mods please delete threads like this!!!!

Yup. And the all smug oaf boaster posters....

If we win it I will be absolutely ecstatic. A cup we have not won since the early 60's. To do it right after winning The Scottish Cup would really be something.

Archived